Tools I have found useful in modding

Max_Caine

I thought it might be nice to share what tools I use in modding Xenonauts. At the moment, I'm making custom sounds. I use two tools for this. The first tool I use is Bfxr, which is a simple but very effective tool for making custom sounds, as opposed to having an existing sound and editing it. It's not perfect by any means - it's free, whaddaya expect? But it's a great starting point for making custom sounds.

When I have my custom sound, I take it into Audacity for mixing, editing and more tinkering (the mixer in Bfxr is arse). I'm only a novice, but hayl, I can spend hours and hours just tweaking little sections to try and get that perfect sound.

• 5 weeks later...

Brilliant, I needed something to do sound.

Edit:

I will probably be able to be able to do a release with updated sound assets by the end of the weekend, but getting alien armor done will take a bit longer, probably.

Thanks to all who linked useful tools for doing sound!

Submachineguns, and heavy pistols now have proper sounds (And I am likely to do a new one for the battle rifle and soviet shotgun.)

Edit2:

Huh... The game doesn't seem to like new sound types being added to it.

Edit3:

You need to edit sound_gc.xml to add new sound, as an FYI.

Edited by WalrusJones