[18.5 Geoscape] Excessive funding increase

I've only been playing for a couple weeks now, so I don't have a strong baseline established for what's normal...but this struck me as odd: I placed my starting base in Central America, and had a pretty uneventful first month; very few UFO's out and about, and about half the ones I did see escaped to space before I could catch them. Probably only had about seven or eight missions in that first month, one scout and the rest light scouts; no terror missions. That's all well and good, but then the end of month came along, and North America seemed...unusually generous with their funding:

http://i.imgur.com/yQLlxdC.jpg

$422,400 funding increase from North America! Is this strange? I don't think I've ever gotten more than a $40,000 swing in one month, let alone $400,000. This is weird, right?

Ground missions weren't having an effect on funding previously, so any increases where down to nothing more than shooting down aliens ships.

So it'll probably be rebalanced.

In my game, I ended up getting about $900k increase from the Soviet Union (about 15 missions). 2 million in funding, 1.2 million after expenses.

It's not "intentional". Prior to 18.5, no-one noticed that ground missions scoring was bugged - it wasn't positively (or negatively) reflecting funding. Then (I think it was Bromley86?) noticed it and the bug was fixed. What you see is the system as originally envisaged.

Seriously, if someone, anyone had spotted it previously, there wouldn't be almost three years of complaints about not having enough money in-game.