[V8.5 Ground Combat] Unrecoverable hang during alien turn

Approximately 5 turns into the first ground combat missions of a new campaign and the game has entered a hung state.

It appears to have happened just before my turn started - I ended turn, it displayed the hidden moves screen, then it returned to the normal view but advanced no further. The game has not frozen, the mouse cursor it still active and it is still playing music and plays "click" sounds when I press LMB, however the game is completely unresponsive (including keys, the ESC menu).

Unfortunately I don't think I was doing anything particularly noteworthy - the turn before it happened I shot out a window then shot an alien through it. I have a feeling the game is stuck in the alien turn waiting for the only visible alien to take an action. Here's a screenshot of the situation, in case it is of any help: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/683235/bug1.png

I had this problem as well it was an alien that had hit my hunter and destroyed it then ran into a wall that I hadn't scouted yet and froze then it just stayed still and I couldn't do any thing except move my mouce so I had to quit using alt deliate It was in the alien turn and I think that it is the same bug as the endless hidden movement bug except you can see the cause

Yes, this is an AI bug. I'll have the coder take another quick look at the wounded part of it, as this does happen to people a lot. The bug will be fixed when we put a new AI model in place anyway but this should help things in the meantime.