V18 Hotfix 2 Released!

Just played Xenonauts for the first time. Started with V18 Hotfix 2. Overall I was really happy. I've been waiting a long time for a good X-Com remake. A few hopefully helpful comments:

The changelog says "The Chinook range has been extended a bit, so hopefully it now should have global range". I'm assuming this refers to the "Charlie". I can tell you that if you put your first base in exactly the wrong place (I'm good like that) the Charlie cannot reach the first two missions. In addition to extending the range more, perhaps the first two missions should show up within the radar range of the first base.

The changelog also says "There should be less freezes in the Hidden Movement screen". The majority of crashes I saw were still in the Hidden Movement screen. Since this appears to be a recurring problem, perhaps the game should do a debug save at the start of the Hidden Movement screen, delete it after the end of the Hidden Movement screen, and at startup look to see if such a save exists and if so give the user the option to automatically send it to the developers.

My Hunter Scout Car was destroyed during a mission, but was right back in my Charlie after.

Currently you can modify the people and equipment on a dropship in mid flight. Presumably you should only be able to modify it while at a base.

Why is the mouse so slow to respond? In all other applications I move my mouse and the cursor moves right away. In Xenonauts it takes about a second from when I move my mouse to when the cursor responds.

During the aerial battles, if you dismiss a fighter and then your remaining fighters chase the alien off the screen, when the battle restarts at the center of the screen the dismissed fighter is back in the fight.

The tooltip for "Disable Stat Tracking" disappears way too fast to read.

Thanks for the comments, Pascal. The debug save is an interesting idea. Also, I haven't heard of those mouse issues before.

To everyone else - the next update should hopefully come tomorrow. I've set it loading into Dropbox and one would hope it'd be ready to put the standalones on Desura tomorrow.

Oh good, my game was slowly driving into the ground as I realized I wasn't competing economically anymore... could still fight them on the ground but that didn't do me any good because I was hemorrhaging cash and couldn't get my airfleet up to speed. No fights to have!

Oh, in case it's not been reported, my base defense missions are bugged in a couple ways: After the battle nobody will be re-issued equipment like grenades, and apparently people don't heal, especially if they're put into the red: I had someone sit on "wounded 17 days" for several days, and she was also taking a seat on the Chinook which I couldn't put someone else into: Had to dismiss her (A COLONEL!) because she was just bugged dead weight. Also it got weird during the base missions because I reloaded a lot (I like the idea of playing Ironman but rarely like the practice... bad Wally...), and a lot of spaces on the battlescape were "blocked" by an invisible bullet- and person-stopping force. Also they seemed to grow every time I reloaded, possibly it was the places where actors were before the battle started? Final base assault one, you're probably aware of this one: Aliens would be stuck on a "floating" spawn platform disconnected from the base that bullets could traverse but soldiers could not.

Another bug: I researched plasma tech before laser tech, and my base turrets were downgraded from plasma turrets to laser turrets when I researched laser tech.

Yay for bug infodump! I should have probably reported these using normal channels.

Another bug: I researched plasma tech before laser tech, and my base turrets were downgraded from plasma turrets to laser turrets when I researched laser tech.

Laser or Plasma turrents, no difference, they are like stone throwers again tanks ;). I have two plasma towers. I have defended more than 10 allien`s attack on my base. They never shot down any UFO`s landing ship (carrier, cruiser, battlecruiser ...). :o

They are so resistant that they take hits from 3x4 plasma torpedos!