Ground battle causes the game to crash when there is no internet connection.

The title might be self explanatory but I am going to elaborate on it nonetheless.

When i try to play this game without any connection to the internet it will try to load ground battles, but as soon as the music starts playing it crashes to windows. At first I didn't know what it was that caused my game to crash so i tried starting a new game, making the UFO crash in different areas but nothing seemed to fix. So I tried to delete the game folder and extract the game again, but that did not work either.

This was really puzzling to me as everything else worked, except for ground battles. Clicking the quick battle button simply lead me into the full game and crashed it after a short while.

Now the reason I know it crashed because off the internet connection, or rather the lack of it is because I tried playing the game with connection to the internet. That worked just fine, minus crashing at the end of ground battles at times, but it was playable.

So my theory is that the feedback system built into the game causes crashes when it's unable to send information about my soldiers stats/eq. That is my theory at least.

Is there any way to disable that?

Ps. I'm using the standalone version 17.6. on windows 7.

Edited by Hansmorg

Yes the same results, if you try disconnecting your computer from the internet the game will taker longer to load (first time after disconnecting, then it's instant as usual) and crash if you attempt to start a ground battle. If you connect your computer to the net again you will get the long start up again but the game will not crash when you start a ground battle.

They use some sort of feedback system to check what weapons we use etc, so they can balance the game properly later :).

Gorlom, read the patch notes for V17.6 then :)

Hansmorg - there is a disable button, but it's in our new launcher which will be in the next build. It didn't occur to us to test the game without an internet connection, sorry about that.

No need to say sorry, and thanks for making this awesome game. I look forward to getting that disable button. In the meantime though, is there a way for me to disable it in the code or something?

No need to say sorry, and thanks for making this awesome game. I look forward to getting that disable button. In the meantime though, is there a way for me to disable it in the code or something?

Unfortunately, no.

As the toggle for the logging system exists only in the new launcher, the whole "don't send any report" code was not included in the current v17.6 build.

Unfortunately, no.

As the toggle for the logging system exists only in the new launcher, the whole "don't send any report" code was not included in the current v17.6 build.

Oh well I guess I'll have to deal with it then. An alpha is an alpha i suppose ;), when do you think the new build will be released?