Are there any plans to introduce a traitor mechanic within the Xenonauts 2 gameplay?

Are there any plans to introduce a traitor mechanic within the Xenonauts 2 gameplay? Could players potentially face the challenge of dealing with spies or turncoats within their own ranks, adding a layer of intrigue and betrayal to the strategic decision-making process?

We're not planning on adding a traitor mechanic, no. I do have potential ideas for there being a traitorious funding region which I might explore in an expansion pack, because I think it'd make the second half of the game more interesting, but I'm not sure it's suitable for the base game.

Something like the Nemesis system (or what XCOM 2 does with the alien leaders and Chosen) is also something I'd potentially consider. Having unique alien leaders that give unique equipment if killed is relatively simple (although it does require quite a few extra art assets); it might even be something we add to the base game once the rest of the content is in place.

• Like 2

I don't think that trying to turn this into some day time soap opera, is a good idea. If we are divided by self centered individuals, who would sell us out for some trinkets, this is not the game that most who play this type of game, would want, as I certainly would not want to play a game were your team mates are going to stab you in the BACK...!!