V3.3.0 - Alien base door issue

13 hours ago, Emily_F said:

Another door issue.  I can't even open the door in this pic unless I walk through it, nor shoot the alien I can see.

8 hours ago, WhoCares said:

I have also a door issue in the alien base, but it is different. The door is closed but the Xenonauts can walk through it as if they are ghosts.

yeah, the issue is, that the objective state and the funtional state of doors are sometimes reversed.
So, if you try to open a door which is objectively open but functionally closed, you need to aim your cursor to where the door is supposedly hidden in order to be able to open it.

Edited by Von_Emmy

14 hours ago, WhoCares said:

I have also a door issue in the alien base, but it is different. The door is closed but the Xenonauts can walk through it as if they are ghosts.

See game save, just pick a soldier that has not moved yet and make him reach the others beyond the closed door straight ahead. output.logoutput.logoutput.log

user_day_166_alien_base_manual_save-4.json 2.55 MB · 1 download

I'm not sure this is the right save, as all your soldiers are grouped together before going through the doors in that save?

Anyway, thanks for reporting this everyone. As Von_Emmy says, this bug happens when a door somehow gets stuck in the opposite state to what it's meant to be - and I think it's fixed when loading a save game?

In any case, to fix it we're going to need to find a save where we can reproduce the bug occurring (it's one of those awkward ones where a save after it happens isn't that useful to us). We'll keep an eye out at this end too, but if you come across one in your playtesting then please let us know!

3 hours ago, Chris said:

In any case, to fix it we're going to need to find a save where we can reproduce the bug occurring (it's one of those awkward ones where a save after it happens isn't that useful to us). We'll keep an eye out at this end too, but if you come across one in your playtesting then please let us know!

So, I'm not sure if you needed my saves but here are all the saves for that combat mission, plus all the logs if they help?

auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-410.json auto_groundcombat_turn_5_end-409.json auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-408.json auto_groundcombat_turn_4_end-407.json auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-406.json auto_groundcombat_turn_4_end-405.json auto_groundcombat_turn_4_start-404.json auto_groundcombat_turn_3_end-403.json auto_groundcombat_turn_3_start-402.json auto_groundcombat_turn_2_end-401.json auto_strategy_before_combat-215.json output.log output.log.1 output.log.2 output.log.3 output.log.4 output.log.5

• Like 1