Milestone 3.0.2 Released! (Experimental)

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

Changes:

• Another fix for the MARS breaking the game after its first movement.
  • Fixed the Accelerated LMG causing the shooter to contort like a pretzel when firing it.
  • Fixed an issue in the Rescue Soldier recovery logic where in rare cases a rescued soldier could be recovered instead of one of your starting soldiers if there was insufficient space in the dropship.
  • Added some research text for the Pegasus dropship.

32 minutes ago, Chris said:

This update is also only accessible by switching to our Experimental branches (instructions on how to do so here) - although note they have slower load times and worse performance than normal builds due to the extra logging they contain!

Changes:

• Another fix for the MARS breaking the game after its first movement.
  • Fixed the Accelerated LMG causing the shooter to contort like a pretzel when firing it.
  • Fixed an issue in the Rescue Soldier recovery logic where in rare cases a rescued soldier could be recovered instead of one of your starting soldiers if there was insufficient space in the dropship.
  • Added some research text for the Pegasus dropship.

@Chris beside Fusion Tier are you also planning adding Plasma Tier?

I played xenonauts 2 in early access. It's a beautiful game. I got to the point where the game told me that I now have to wait for further updates. The story is over. In the meantime I had many good bases, many equipped ships and a top team. It's a shame the story didn't continue. But then the glimmer of hope: Update 3.0.2 came out. I switched my game to experimental and downloaded update 3.0.2. Finally I can continue. :-) But why can I no longer load my old save games? Do I really have to start all over again? Why? And now if I start all over again from the beginning: What if the next update comes in a month. Do I have to start again from the beginning? How is that thought?
Felix

4 hours ago, FelixN said:

I played xenonauts 2 in early access. It's a beautiful game. I got to the point where the game told me that I now have to wait for further updates. The story is over. In the meantime I had many good bases, many equipped ships and a top team. It's a shame the story didn't continue. But then the glimmer of hope: Update 3.0.2 came out. I switched my game to experimental and downloaded update 3.0.2. Finally I can continue. :-) But why can I no longer load my old save games? Do I really have to start all over again? Why? And now if I start all over again from the beginning: What if the next update comes in a month. Do I have to start again from the beginning? How is that thought?
Felix

Thanks, I'm glad you like the game. Basically saves aren't compatible between different Milestones, so your Milestone 3 saves should remain playable throughout the entire of Milestone 3 but they won't work for Milestone 4.

If you don't want to lose your saves it'd be best to wait until the end of Early Access, when you'll be able to play the entire game :)

7 hours ago, Chris said:

No, the Fusion weapons are essentially the same thing as the Plasma weapons.

Fusion is the final tier, right? Does feel a bit weird to skip over plasma weapons in an X-Com game, but I won't argue too much about it.

Edited by skaianDestiny

Early game Androns in their previous incarnation before removal took most of the squad with ballistics to down one. They would walk right into your face and shoot you. I hope the revamped ones are just as scary.

• 2 weeks later...

@Chris I still feel like you should guys include Plasma tier and add instead of 7 tier UFO -> 8 tiers UFO. Feels like for example:

UFO tier 1-2 Ballistic/Accelerated Tier

UFO tier 3-4 Laser Tier

UFO tier 5 - MAG Tier

UFO tier 6-7 - Fusion Tier 

Feels like skipping MAG tier. I still feel like there should be more UFO tier - Add something between 4-5 or 5-6. Or add tier 8 Dreadnaught. More Content = more enjoyable experience.

Edited by CaptainSPrice