Suggestion. As paid expansion, Special Forces of each NATO and even Warsaw Pact country or countries like India and Yugoslavia forming a "Xenonaut" team of their own.

USA xenonauts with own planes, transports and panoply, troop armor different from vanilla xenonauts 2. This all could be a paid expansion. West germany ought to get one, so should France, S. Korea, Japan, then China, Canada, and all other countries that would buy those paid expansions, even though most people would eventually. This would add multiple facets to the game, provide more income for Goldhawk to continue improve this game of ours until it actually shines and then go on to xenonauts 3 with their pockets filled.

Thoughts, ideas?

• Like 1

Refining my proposal a bit.

1.NATO TROOPS. USA W. GERMANY FRANCE

2.Warsaw pact. Communist Poland, USSR, DDR.

3.ASIAN  Pro east... Vietnam, Peoples' Republic of China, Laos

4.Asian Pro western Japan, S. Korea, Thailand.

5.Africa, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Congo or Egypt.

6.S. E. Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore.

7. Non Aligned Movement, India, Yugoslavia, Cuba.

Each one of those 7 packs will start as this. "Early in the beginning of the conflict the aliens raided xenonauts and killed them all. UN decided to restart them using "Communist Poland's" personel and scientists.". From then on the game would proceed regularly, only with polish soldiers as personel, polish designs for everything, aka planes transport planes, tanks, personal armor the works, including initial weapons that ought to be faction specific. Same for all the other factions and other packs. The artists of goldhawk would go absolutely wild designing those.

Edited by Hapato
grammatical errors
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, happystrawberry1 said:

Bro the game doesnt even have an endgame and this guy here is talking about DLC lmaooo

It will. With 30K people including myself filling the coffers of Goldhawk. Thing is what happens after that. Since we will all replay this game many a times, why not do it with a different "xenonauts" that will in turn provide more funds for Goldhawk.

Thanks for your opinionated response and before I forget...

8. South America:   Argentina, Brazil, Chile or El Salvador.

Edited by Hapato
grammatical errors

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really even understand what you're proposing here.

Like, we'd be paying for a bunch of national-flavored reskins? Or are the different nations going to play differently?

I don't know that a ton of players are invested in that sort of content. I'd, personally, prefer gameplay additions like new weapons, new armors, new tech, new aliens to shoot, and such.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hapato said:

USA xenonauts with own planes, transports and panoply, troop armor different from vanilla xenonauts 2. This all could be a paid expansion. West germany ought to get one, so should France, S. Korea, Japan, then China, Canada, and all other countries that would buy those paid expansions, even though most people would eventually. This would add multiple facets to the game, provide more income for Goldhawk to continue improve this game of ours until it actually shines and then go on to xenonauts 3 with their pockets filled.

Thoughts, ideas?

what would make more sense would be, that in case a region is lost, the local forces could try to attack the xenonaut base (if in that region - but that could be done by cleaners) or send interceptors to counter the xenonaut fighters or dropships over their teritory - using their own forces and units.

But different factions in the game would make the game confusing imho.

Edited by Raffik
  • Like 1

Happystrawberry1, the Game have an Endgame.

You normal Gamers don´t see it about several good reasons yet, evtl. it will come with Milestone 3 or 4 a bit nearer. The Devs and we Main-Supporters explained the Reasons already several times.

Short said: It´s nothing for the Public yet, until the big remaining Jobsites (Beginning / Midgame / AI / R & D / remaining overseen small, medium, heavy Bugfixes / etc.) the Public Gamers find and found with the Beta-Testers in the minimum Milestones 1, 2 and 3 aren´t done.

What the DLC belongs, there I give you right that it´s much to early. We aren´t finished with the Base-Game yet and the interssting Points the Devs show in the To-Do-List (Rework, Refit, Upgrade or whatever) on the Game-Starting-Screen have a lot Points open too for the Base-Game.

Edited by Alienkiller

I'm pretty sure there are lots of gamers who'll happily pay for 'flavour' packs to get more national content, although I suspect once you've got the biggest player bases covered, the demand may not justify the investment. 

Myself, I only tend to pay for additional content where it impacts gameplay. There are some well trodden routes with this for the genre too, e.g. cybernetics and/or robotics, so plenty of collateral to inspire. 

5 hours ago, happystrawberry1 said:

Piss off idiot.

That´s an second personal insult. Last Warning to neglet that on an Main-Founder and first Day-Beta-Tester, which know what is for the public playable and what not.

If the personal insults are going on, this will have big Consequences (f. e. an Forum-Exclussion). To avoid that, neglet the personal insults.

Edited by Alienkiller

@doubleskulls I've noticed Alienkiller has been insulting people in the forums claiming his authority as a longtime beta tester for the games to belittle anyone who have any differing opinions than him.

And I think I know where this thread this is going. Xenonauts isn't a conventional mainstream game that will offer paid cosmetic DLCs.... Mods would have already done the job much better and without the need for paid content. If the concern is funding for the next xenonauts game, the lead guy knows what he's doing to already have a sequel. I wouldnt worry too much on the money department.

And paid content that isn't a gameplay expansion tends to piss people off, especially in a core PC game like X2.

4 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

That´s an second personal insult. Last Warning to neglet that on an Main-Founder and first Day-Beta-Tester, which know what is for the public playable and what not.

If the personal insults are going on, this will have big Consequences (f. e. an Forum-Exclussion). To avoid that, neglet the personal insults.

It's almost like insulting someone's country and their language has consequences, idiot. For someone who claims that English is an important language, you sure are fucking terrible at it.

2 hours ago, doubleskulls said:

@happystrawberry1 Please try to be civil.  I believe that Alienkiller is not a fluent English speaker, and unfortunately it means their communication can be difficult to understand.

This be the last time I engage with that moron.

Please, let's keep this civil. Our aim should be to help Mr. Chris England, whose money making scheme has got us in here, having spend hard earned cash or credid card credit to buy at least one or two of his games. Because we did and we liked them a bit, we want to suggest ways that this game could improve and the ways that are there for it to do so.

For example, Nato and specificaly US could have this,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_CL-1201#:~:text=The CL-1201 design project,aircraft of the 20th century.

proposed flying airbase that never went anywhere in their arsenal. As a science fiction game, the sky (and programing this into the game) is or would be the limit.

What it could be like living and workin in one of those we 'll never know. Perhaps xenonauts 2 could incorporate this somehow.

Edited by Hapato

I really don’t think that would be workable at all. But one thing I think there’s ton of potential with factions especially in a setting where the cold war continues into modern day is actually giving the choice for your xenonauts to do optional missions for the warsaw pact and nato to improve relations with them (while also reducing terror). This of course will also give the boon of being able to use their equipment and doing joint research with the factions to create faction exclusive technologies. At one point you can choose to side with one faction or another, staying neutral, or killing both sides to take over the world for yourself. Either way it would unite the entire world against the alien threat.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, happystrawberry1 said:

It's almost like insulting someone's country and their language has consequences, idiot. For someone who claims that English is an important language, you sure are fucking terrible at it.

This be the last time I engage with that moron.

Edit: never mind. Let's just ignore the resident village fool

Edited by Skitso