Small issues that are not bugs

We should have Operations Director visible in the Soldiers screen the same way we have Chief Scientist in the Laboratories. Maybe add a Storage manager in the Base Stores screen too. Any hope to have these large character images redrawn by the same artist that did the cutscene portaits?

• Like 2

Silence is golden: fade bg music away for loading screens. Have a bit of silence in strategy view from time to time. Constant music tires ears no matter how nice the soundtrack is.

Tactical mission ending would benefit from a small victory/defeat jingles.

• Like 2

Just now, Wont Tell said:

Upon engineers arriving at a base, the button of the message redirects to the Soldier screen, not the engineering department. I assume the same is true for scientists

Well that's a proper bug you should report in the bug forum.

all soldiers have the same body model (male) in  the soldier screen. It becomes very apparent after researching the stalker armor. Female soldiers with male body look weird..

Also, legs of the soldiers up to stalker seem short (they seem to be in a "semi crouched" position)

• Like 1

Add tutorial or graphic on soldier equip Screen prior to launch explaining where Soldier in slot 1, etc. will be positioned in the dropship.  I did not even know you could change order until I went to this forum.  A pop-up Dialog Box on the first UFO mission prior to launch would be an easy addition to add to the game.               ========================

Another thing.

Some research is marked as plot.  I assume this means that researching this accelerates you to the next stop of the game.  So if I don't want to progress so fast does that mean I should hold off on researching that?   (Just a point of confusion I noticed)

Edited by Judy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Judy said:

Some research is marked as plot.  I assume this means that researching this accelerates you to the next stop of the game.  So if I don't want to progress so fast does that mean I should hold off on researching that?   (Just a point of confusion I noticed)

I was also very confused by that (plot research game effects) and I still am.  It says it gives you more funding, which is great, but does it mean bigger UFOs will start coming right after (that I might not be able to shoot down), so I should wait to research it??  Or is that more depending on how many calendar days have passed?  Anyone who knows, please let me know!  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Judy said:

1 hour ago, Shadeth said:

I was also very confused by that (plot research game effects) and I still am.  It says it gives you more funding, which is great, but does it mean bigger UFOs will start coming right after (that I might not be able to shoot down), so I should wait to research it??  Or is that more depending on how many calendar days have passed?  Anyone who knows, please let me know!  Thanks.

No, researching or not researching the plot techs doesn't affect how quickly new UFOs turn up. There's an official answer from Chris here:

Seems to be a common area of confusion - there's some discussion over in that thread about possible ways to fix that, but no real conclusions.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...