BUG - Percent of female recruits

2 minutes ago, Gulskjegg said:

About 70%+ of my new recruits are female. More than a bit immersion breaking. Unless this is some sort of ESG shill, maybe it should be set to a more realistic 10% to 20% female rate of the original Xenonauts.

In a game with aliens with human DNA, plasma weapons, paradox-free faster-than-light travel, and combat where the involved soldiers patiently wait their turn while their enemies run around, THIS is your complaint?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bifohe6676 said:

In a game with aliens with human DNA, plasma weapons, paradox-free faster-than-light travel, and combat where the involved soldiers patiently wait their turn while their enemies run around, THIS is your complaint?

I was going to complain that you are ugly and your mother dresses you funny but that wouldn't help the game become more immersive. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Gulskjegg said:

About 70%+ of my new recruits are female. More than a bit immersion breaking. Unless this is some sort of ESG shill, maybe it should be set to a more realistic 10% to 20% female rate of the original Xenonauts.

Hmmm. The game is actually set to generate fewer female recruits than male ones, but glancing at a new game I'm wondering if this value has somehow got inverted. There does seem to be more women than men. I'll take a look.

EDIT - nah, just looks like random variance. I created four new games which had roughly the right percentages and I think the current one was just an anomaly. The female recruit chance is 25% and you might just be seeing an unusual number of high random rolls.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 3:57 AM, Chris said:

Hmmm. The game is actually set to generate fewer female recruits than male ones, but glancing at a new game I'm wondering if this value has somehow got inverted. There does seem to be more women than men. I'll take a look.

EDIT - nah, just looks like random variance. I created four new games which had roughly the right percentages and I think the current one was just an anomaly. The female recruit chance is 25% and you might just be seeing an unusual number of high random rolls.

I will upload some screenshots next time I play. 

On 7/24/2023 at 12:57 AM, Chris said:

I have started quite a few games now and I can say that no matter what the percentage is set at, I am consistently getting approx. 30% to 50% females across the board.  The 25%/75% ratio seems like a good distribution, but not sure it is working as intended.  In this case, an option slider would be a great idea. The male to female ratio in a combat game is a very personalized choice for gamers, and the ones that don't care will not be affected.

Edited by superman81906

2 hours ago, superman81906 said:

I have started quite a few games now and I can say that no matter what the percentage is set at, I am consistently getting approx. 30% to 50% females across the board.  The 25%/75% ratio seems like a good distribution, but not sure it is working as intended.  In this case, an option slider would be a great idea. The male to female ratio in a combat game is a very personalized choice for gamers, and the ones that don't care will not be affected.

The fix hasn't hit the main branches yet. Once 1.29 is out for everyone the spawn rate for female soldiers should be ~30% across the board. Right now it's ~45%.