Milestone 1.21 Released!

This is the first significant stability fix to the Early Access release build. This patch does not break saves.

Changelog:

• Esc now skips the starting cinematic.
  • The starting cinematic now correctly obeys the volume sliders.
  • The Settings menu is now available in the tutorial.
  • Fixed the game refusing to load at all if you had older saves from the demo or from old backer builds still in your save directories.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using explosive weapons (e.g. the HEVY / grenades) beyond their maximum range.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if you added quotation marks (" ") to a soldier name and then tried to start a tactical combat mission.
  • Fixed a crash when hiring new soldiers if you'd deleted the default Rifleman loadout.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if you built your first base in Greenland. As a temporary fix for various related issues which we can't address in a quick patch, you're no longer able to build a base on Greenland. These will be fixed properly in a future build, at which point you'll be able to build bases there again.
  • Fixed an issue where players would lose all their manufactured soldier items if they lose an Abduction mission due to not opening enough of the containment tubes before the timer runs out.

I was at m1.16 when computer started today. Steam installed m1.17 and after trying multiple Steam restarts over course of day will not download any newer releases. Is this because m1.18 and newer aren't experimental (PlayTest)?

4 hours ago, Melee said:

I was at m1.16 when computer started today. Steam installed m1.17 and after trying multiple Steam restarts over course of day will not download any newer releases. Is this because m1.18 and newer aren't experimental (PlayTest)?

Yeah, I’ve disabled the Playtest now the game is on sale. It’s actually supposed to prevent you launching the game at all, did that not work or were you just launching it from the directory?

• Chris changed the title to Milestone 1.21 Released! (Early Access)

I launched from the shortcut made when the game was installed (URL "steam://rungameid/1527370") and also from the green play button on the game page within Steam.  It just doesn't update past m1.17.

Edited by Melee

Hello are you planning to release steam keys to outside websites key sellers ?

How much does it cost you ?  to use like ENEBA ...etc... does steam charge you for that? , how much?

I just hate steam.....and their 30% tax, and their monopoly on PC and modding

4 hours ago, cyllan said:

Hello are you planning to release steam keys to outside websites key sellers ?

How much does it cost you ?  to use like ENEBA ...etc... does steam charge you for that? , how much?

I just hate steam.....and their 30% tax, and their monopoly on PC and modding

Hi - so our publishers are in charge of this sort of thing, but I think there is at least one store that does it. Some of the streamers that covered the game are sponsored by them. I think it's Gamesplanet maybe?

• Chris changed the title to Milestone 1.21 Released!