3x3 Vehicles?

36 minutes ago, AlexnItaly said:

Are they gone forever?  Will they be added later?  Will we be able to mod them in? (If modding will be re-enabled like in Xenonauts 1)
I kinda like the new 1x1 Vehicles but getting rid of 3x3 vehicles seems like a huge loss

I miss large vehicles too, but I don't think they will be comming back. Balancing large vehicles is a pain in the ass. I don't think the developers want to burn themselves on it again like in the first xenonauts.

The Suppport-Vehicles are not changeable in their Size. If you would read the Informations from the Archives correctly, you would know why that is so. But the most Gamers are to stupid to read that and then make demands, which destroys the Game completly. 

But what you can do later on are more Variants-Upgrades / Variants-Reworks / Variants-Refits (like Drones, more Surviveabilitys, Weapons or similar). In the new older X-COM-Series, the 2 Years old UFO 2 ET and the Upcomming UFO 1 ET-Refit such Variants-Upgrades / Variants-Reworks / Variants-Refits are integrated already or will come.

The same is here. You have your Ground-Variant (the MARS-Support-Vehicle) and can make different Versions. But 3x3 or similar big Vehicles you won´t get in the Game for the Reasons you can read in the Ingame-Archives (Hardcoded). Such fast and small Transports can´t transport support-Vehicles which weight 8 or more Tons (like the Vehicles in X1, which were completely unrealistic for the Transport-Vehicles Xenonauts have).

Don´t dream from the 1990s or old 2ks anymore, where more advanced modular-Vehicles, Planes, Ships etc. were impossible in such Games. X 1 was an Protoytype from Goldhawk and the Devs said official too, it´s not good (the unrealism with the Support-Vehicles played an big role too with many other Parts).

That´s why the Game have to make an complete replacement in that and all other bad Parts incl. the best modern Modular-Buildups and Realism we (Devs, Beta-Test-Founders, Publisher with the Translators) can make. The Transport-Planes you have and get can´t transport an 15 or more ton Support-Vehicle. Like said, read the Infos you get correctly and use the Brain. Exactly that get done for UFO 2 ET too to make the "Raven-Support-Vehicle" there more modular and interessting.

The MARS / ARES with the already integrated Standard-Modularisation overrun the UFO 2 ET-Raven in that Part 10.000%.

Short said: First read correctly the Infos and Ingame-Archive, then use the Brain and make an concept to use the Modular-System you have to advance the MARS (later in the Game additional ARES)-Support Vehicles.

Edited by Alienkiller
  • Like 1

As Founder and Main-Beta-Tester from the first Day on the last Years we know what the Game can get in and what not. And 3x3 Vehicles aren´t possible without destroying Xenonuats 2 completly. Why the Aliens use Robots and 1x1 Drones in differnt Sizes? Not for fun.

If you read the Monthly Dev-Dirays, Suggestions from the last Years and Ingame-Archives correctly, you all would know it too. The Devs explained it too several times, that it´s not possible about differnt important Programming- / Graphic Reprenstation-Reasons to make an Up-to-Date-Game of that Gerne.

The same Reasons of Limitations the Modders will have too. Therefore the Modders will have other possibilitys to Refresh the Xenonauts 2-Basegame, like they did with the Predecessor Xenonauts 1.

• Like 2

I think 3x3 (and even 2x2) enemy and friendly units would be fun for variety, but I can understand why they might be hard to add and balance from a programming point of view.  they'd be easier to hit, so would have to be more tanky, but too tanky and it's OP.  not to mention the movement mechanics and other issues of map interactions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 3:21 AM, SoulFilcher said:

A sequel that removes possibilities instead of adding them sounds like a bad move. I had plans to get back to modding it but here it is, one more bad news. Depending on how many are piled up by the time mod support is added I may decide it is a waste of time.

Yeah it kinda sucky that we may never see one of the coolest parts of xenonauts ever again.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, Alienkiller said:

But the most Gamers are to stupid to read that and then make demands, which destroys the Game completly. 

I get why you are frustrated being founder but insulting people for asking is not fruitful to any discusssion. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always worth thinking about adding 3x3 to local forces, even though Xenonauts themselves cannot equip them (hard to balance), having local military and aliens of their own vehicles and battling against each other would be a lore friendly touch and make local forces more useful