Only 2 missions in first 19 days?

On soldier difficulty, I didn't get my second combat mission until day 19. By that point I had the mars rover and 2nd level armor fully unlocked. I feel like there should be at least 1 more mission after the first with just basic equipment. Also, too much time staring at a map doing nothing for those 19 days.

16 minutes ago, WhyNotDrZ said:

On soldier difficulty, I didn't get my second combat mission until day 19. By that point I had the mars rover and 2nd level armor fully unlocked. I feel like there should be at least 1 more mission after the first with just basic equipment. Also, too much time staring at a map doing nothing for those 19 days.

Hey - did the Cleaner Intel mission not spawn around day 12 or so?

9 hours ago, WhyNotDrZ said:

It did, but I skipped it because of how difficult it was previously. Sorry if I implied there was a bug with that.

It’s fine. I don’t think you’re the only person who does that and I just wanted to try and understand the reasons why, because it does throw the pacing of the game off if you do. If we can adapt the design to encourage people to do it immediately then that could help prevent the issue in future.

Is it purely because of your experience in earlier versions of the game? Or does it matter that the mission is marked as persistent, for example?

Cleaner intel gathering mission does feel kinda daunting for a second mission of the game with all the special rules, reinforcements etc. It might be a good idea to add one or two more "standard" straregy mission(s) before it to smooth the progression and difficulty curve.

• Like 2

That you will have lesser Missions at the Beginning have an very good Reason. You have 80% to 90% Standard-Causal-Gamers and 10% to maximum 20% Experts / Veterans.

The Gamer shouldn´t deterred with to much you can´t win Scenarios at the Beginning. If you bring in such evil things directly in the Beginning, you can close the Company and search for a new Job. 

That´s why Goldhawk, Chaos Concept, Firaxis, Frontier, Blizzard, Paradox and similar good Companys intodruce the Gamer Step by Step (the remaining 10 to 20 % very good Publishers / Developers). That´s the correct way and the difficulty grow Step by Step.

On 7/9/2023 at 3:53 AM, WhyNotDrZ said:

Went well. Didn't lose anybody except the rover. Much easier than previous attempts.

Glad to hear it. It's been rebalanced a bit to be easier than it was before, so it should also be doable at the point where it spawns.

I might remove the persistence from it and just cause it to spawn every week or so until completed if you let it time out, as that might encourage players to do it when it first appears!