[14.1] Main Menu - Quick Battle doesn't launch anymore

I tried to find something about this on the bug report forum but didn't find anything.

On the main menu, when you click on quick battle, then new game and choose a base location, the quick combat doesn't start. Instead the campaign game starts.

Does the way to launch quick battle has changed ?

That happened to me !! and happens, I'm using the .zip version of the re-uploaded 14.1

I didn't know that was supposed to be a bug, I thought it was something that was going to be implemented later or a feature under development o.O but I clicked the quick battle too and it starts the full campaign.

Just to clarify as i already posted that i have this bug, my version is Desura, not the zipped. Maybe i will try to re-download to see if it solves the problem.

As of earlier versions, i played many quick battles, on versions 9 to 13 (Desura).

Edited by xcom

14.1 through Desura - Quick Battle is definitely weird but I think it works... It looks like its starting a Full Game, then you get a downed UFO, you check it out and its immediately a Terror Attack. You beat it and then you get a "This is the end of the Alpha Game..." screen. Something along those lines. Pretty sure it does this fairly consistently for me.

EDIT: scrap some of that stuff about the UFO... It's probably more like Gauddlike described below, you click the base and then you get the terror alert.

Edited by Xeno

I didn't make any modification to the game recently, but this strange behavior might be related to the fact that although i can play the game, every time i try to re-download to get to version 14.11 (Desura), Desura gives an error and crashes. I will keep trying...