Could we have a variety of hidden movement screens?

Please note: This is a thread that I incorrectly put in the Community Involvement thread. Same text, just can't delete incorrect thread!

This is an "it would be nice" thing, but would it be possible to have a hidden movement screen for each different map type? I mean, don't get me wrong, the "in a barn" screen is nice, but it would be nicer still if we had hidden screen with xenonauts stalking through a warehouse, a xenonaut examining unfathomable alien equipment in an alien base, xenonauts returning fire in a xenonauts base... it would add to the ambience and that oh-so-important sense of immersion if the hidden movement screen reflected the type of map I was on.

I've not seen any new original art for the game since I joined here (although the new GUI will have some, although I doubt any of it could be used in this context). It would be nice to commission some more of those osprey book type pieces, but I imagine that there's lots of other places the pennies can be spent.

Edited by thothkins

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, you're looking at the Hidden Movement screen a LOT, so any variety at all that could be put into it is good.

Then again, I'd rather the developer spend his funding on actual gameplay features. Also, extra HM pictures are something that could easily be modded in afterward. (Not that I'm a fan of the whole "The vanilla game sucks, but the fans can mod it into something better!" model that UFO ET fell into. Luckily, I'm pretty sure Xenonauts isn't going to end up like that.)

So ugh, yeah... mixed feelings.

Edited by Vivisector 9999
typo

Make the game randomly select a HM screen from a folder in each tileset when it appears and you can easily add more later.

For example in the farmyard tileset you have farmHM, industrial has industHM etc.

Each folder could then have multiple files for the game to choose between.

That would allow more to be added easily, they could either be general ones (in all the folders) or tileset specific ones.

OK they would probably all just have the default one in for now but if it is easier to add them in then it is more likely to get done at some point.