[14.2 ground combat] Super shooting or ambiguous graphics?

maxm222

SuperShot.thumb.jpg.058fd87f366a9bedbd53eec10b6e395f.jpg

An unseen Lizard Guy at #1 shoots a friendly dead at point #2.  Note that the window at point three is not a slatted shutter window and it appears to be closed and not
transparent.  So is the graphic of the window misleading, or the lizzard has made an impossible shot, as far as I can see.

Granted, if the liz's shot got through that first opaque window, it could then get through the shuttered window if that's how the shoot was made, because the seemingly opaque closed shutter is transparent to bullets and LOS--something I learned only when I got shot through one.  Seems unfair to the player unless we can get that info from a tutorial or instructions--any idiot would be able to look through the shutters and see that they did not obstruct LOS.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, maxm222 said:

An unseen Lizard Guy at #1 shoots a friendly dead at point #2.  Note that the window at point three is not a slatted shutter window and it appears to be closed and not
transparent.  So is the graphic of the window misleading, or the lizzard has made an impossible shot, as far as I can see.

Granted, if the liz's shot got through that first opaque window, it could then get through the shuttered window if that's how the shoot was made, because the seemingly opaque closed shutter is transparent to bullets and LOS--something I learned only when I got shot through one.  Seems unfair to the player unless we can get that info from a tutorial or instructions--any idiot would be able to look through the shutters and see that they did not obstruct LOS.

Thanks for the report. I'd need the save game to check really, but in these situations you can check the shot path with force fire (Ctrl) to see what the firing angles are. I suspect what might have happend is that the closed window is actually damaged (at which point you can shoot through it) but it hasn't visually updated accordingly, but I can't be sure.