Early Weapons and Gear should be lighter in wieght less affect on armor.

I feel the early ballistic weapons and grenades can gear should be lighter in wieght allowing soliders to carry more gear.

also armors should wieght much much less than they do now, because even after 20 missions my soldiers dont have the strength to wear a wolf armor and only one laser weapon and no ammo clips or grenades equipped or he willsuffer alot of wieght and AP penalties, which also makes the wolf armor and laser weapons obsolete and useless unless i would perfer my soldiers to have only 40 ap.

I think the weight of items and armor need to be re-balanced better. Its too restrictive as of now and whats the point of researching better guns and armor but u cant wear it becuz you ll move like a turtle in combat?

Really? 20 missions and you can't get them wearing it?

I find my soldiers pretty much all end up with 60+ strength after about a dozen missions.

You might want to find the thread on how stats are increased. Strength is a function of the weight they're carrying over the distance they move.

If you give someone enough weight so they've got AP penalties, their strength will increase quite rapidly.

I find my soldiers pretty much all end up with 60+ strength after about a dozen missions.

You might want to find the thread on how stats are increased. Strength is a function of the weight they're carrying over the distance they move.

If you give someone enough weight so they've got AP penalties, their strength will increase quite rapidly.

Maybee it is the "overweight" bug - here

But then 20 missions? Maybee my air-combat strategy is to good? I hardly get any crash sites, most of the time I end up with destroyed ship, no wreck.

And then I lost the Chinook with all the best personell, so at this point I have only rookies... (starting mission 11 @ 23rd august).

Well look at it this way, the wolf armor isnt even the best armor in the game yet i hope. If any new soldiers you hired even attempts to wear it he will have like 30 AP with a weapon equipped. i Dont see it as fun just a grind to have to train my rookie or cpl in over 10-20 missions just so his strength is high enough to equip wolf armor and a laser gun comfortably. And its not even the best armor or weapon in the game. I find it more of a grind than fun. I think Rookies should be able to wear the first 2 types of armors and have a gun and a clip of ammo and 2 grenades. I want fun not frustration for the next 12 battle missions for any soldiers i hire.

Maybee it is the "overweight" bug - here

But then 20 missions? Maybee my air-combat strategy is to good? I hardly get any crash sites, most of the time I end up with destroyed ship, no wreck.

And then I lost the Chinook with all the best personell, so at this point I have only rookies... (starting mission 11 @ 23rd august).

If you shoot anything with the torpedos it will be destroyed and now crash land. try shooting them down with the guided missiles they will crash land. for a Corvette, i use a mig with torpedo and dmg it to like 75% dmg then send in the 2 f17s i sent with the mig to use missiles to crash land the corvette.

Interesting. i try to make sure the troops aren't overloaded for their missions. So, I lose a lot of medpacks, second spare clips and so on.

It would seem that having them do a little extra weight lifting on mission would help out more.

I'm not really taken with having to exploit the game by having them sprint round the chinook in it every mission.

i imagine the training options in the game may have offered something a little better than that.

At the moment, I've found that I can some of them into wolf armour with a laser weapon, while some can have one and not the other. Their strength generally just about gets there.

Edited by thothkins

Interesting. i try to make sure the troops aren't overloaded for their missions. So, I lose a lot of medpacks, second spare clips and so on.

It would seem that having them do a little extra weight lifing on mission would help out more.

I'm not really taken with having to exploiut the game by having them sprint round the chinook in it every mission.

i imaging the training options in the game may have offered something a little better than that.

At the moment, I've found that I can some of them into wolf armour with a laser weapon, while some can have one and not the other. Their strength generally just about gets there.

and i think you would need to grind train them in over 10 missions just to barely fit a wolf armor and a laser rifle with no secondary clips or a grenade to save a soldiers best buddies life out on the tactical map. I find it to be a bad balance especially for a early research armor and training them over 10 missions to just barely squeeze in the new gear is ridiculous and i know it takes more than 10 missions to get your str from 54 to 62 to fit the bare medium of first tier researched gear. In my opinion every rookie should be able to equip wolf armor a laser rifle and 2 grenades. Because god knows those aliens willt ake 4-5 shoots and 3 grenades to kill sometimes event he scout missions, so the balance is a bit off and the wolf armor doesnt even protect that well either, it can be 1 shot death from any heavy plasma rifle the aliens use about 2 months into the game on normal difficulty.