[9.4 Geoscape] Research still broken by save/load

I have researched everything I have found after a bunch of scout (and light scout) missions: Power source, alenium, alloys, pistols, rifles.

The tree has reached the end. I never got the plasma weaponry one after the pistols and rifles were done

I had saved and loaded the game.

I have got alenium warhead though, and alien grenade.

I've had the same problem. All the prerequisites are met but no laser weapons. I have checked the researches.xml file in the install folder.

I'm sure this is caused by save/load, but I haven't enough time to test everything in a single stretch.

The problem is still present in version 10.

The only way I've been able to do it (get as far as laser weapons and wolf armor) is by leaving the game open and doing ALT-Tab to go back to Windows (I use the computer for work among other things). Sometimes I can only play a little at a time so I'd just switch back to Windows until I had some more time to play. Unfortunately the other day I was pretty far along and I had to reboot the machine- I didn't bother to save since I knew my research would be hosed upon loading.