Box version for Xenonauts 2?

Jebah

Will there be a boxed version for Xenonauts 2?

I noticed in the kick starter for Xenonauts 1 that boxed versions were offered for $50 contributions, but I was unable to find any way to get the boxed version after all was said and done.

While I understand that a DRM free version will be offered, I'm still a bit hesitant to buy a completely digital copy of the game since 10 years ago I lost every digital thing I bought when I lost my password file, and entire hard drive (and email backup file) - none of them ever got recovered, and remain lost to this day.

The boxed version was a Kickstarter exclusive. As in, it was never going to be produced OUTSIDE of Kickstarter because digital delivery is hella cheaper than making and producing box version (that's what publishers are for). I strongly doubt there will be a boxed version outside of any Kickstarter that Goldhawk intends to run and it really depends on what the cost and how easy it was to do for Goldhawk last time as to whether they do a boxed version this time. 

Yeah, unfortunately we're not planning on doing boxed copies of the game. However, if you're worried about losing the files, you can simply copy the game files (the local content from Steam) on to a DVD and storing it that way. You can just copy them onto any other computer and they'll run without an internet connection or any kind of authentication. Most likely the same will be true for Xenonauts 2 as well.