XMC Part 1: (Ground Combat) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

Is this a planned feature or some kind of mod conflict? I have additional mods enabled, but none of those screw with economy, at least as far as I know.

I have tried to create a slightly more RPG feel to the Mod and have given an impoverished start to the game. This reflects the fact that the Xenonaut operation was never really taken seriously until the Aliens invaded, this is why you start with even lower Tech weapons than the vanilla game. However, when the invasion started you were suddenly taken very seriously and nations began funding you. To that end you start the game cash rich but with very little equipment.

So, it is a feature. :) I think it is strange, in vanilla version, what a XCOM has unlimited casual weapons, ammo, has access to build his underground (which is far, FAR beyond by cost than any interceptor) bases in any point of world, but limited in all other equipment, soldiers and personal. It strongly farfetched, i think. It is strange that in the face of such threats, the hope of humanity has to survive economically. Thus, this mode is very handy. Humanity gives you all the resources, that is, and your task is to spend it as efficiently as possible.

I ran into two things:

-the Xenopedia Pictures of the Hero and the Seeker Armor are switched, I believe. In the Equipment screen the Hero Armor has the visual of the Seeker armor and vice versa.

-Using the advanced shields renders my soldiers invisible

Thanks guys for all this feedback, nice to know people are trying this mod.

Not sure what happened with the armour pics but will get that sorted for next update..

The advanced shields though is a big issue. I take it you mean the assault shields.

There are two types.. tall and short.. can you confirm which ones and what armour you are wearing and what weapons you are holding when you turn invisible...

Then I can go and sort them out. (You should then be able to update the mod and carry on).

I may also post a little fix pack for those already downloaded this armour mod.

The only complaint I can think of for this mod is that the Tier system goes off of tech level, not if it is the second level of a specific Item. However I can always fix that for myself as it is just a personal preference thing. Also the invisible Shield troopers, it's both tall and short versions of the second shield version (Assault I believe) I think it's a missing texture, (Or sprite) The game doesn't know what to reference so it shows nothing. Hope this helps troubleshooting.

Doh! No this is not supposed to happen, I have messed up somewhere here, I planned to give more money than the original version however sounds like a may have accidently added a zero somewhere along the line(When Testing). I think the vanilla game start with 2 million and my mod is supposed to have 3 million not 30.

This is one I may not be able to leave for my next release..

Does this mean you already corrected this and I can download fixed version from the main page? Could be nice, as I'm not too deep in my playthhrough and would gladly start over. Can anyone confirm?

Does this mean you already corrected this and I can download fixed version from the main page? Could be nice, as I'm not too deep in my playthhrough and would gladly start over. Can anyone confirm?

Either way, there is something that you can do if the mod didn't update yet:

go to the Xenonauts directory, then go here:

...Xenonauts\assets\mods\XMC Part 1

Find a file called:

gameconfig.xml

Open that with notepad and find this line inside it:

<!-- STARTING MONEY -->

<startingMoney value="2000000" comment="The Xenonaut funds on new game start (before buying first base)" />

Change that, save it, close, start a new game.

there is a graphic bug (almost for me) with the night ops jackal armor is invisible and only the shadow in his feet is visible

Can you kindly provide the weapon names that you are holding when the night ops armour is worn.. I thought I play tested them all.

to fix I will need the armour worn and the weapon held as there is a sprite for each individual combination.

Okay all... New Plan!

I was hoping that I could quickly fix any missing soldier sprites by asking you for the armour you were wearing and the weapon you was holding. I thought perhaps I would just fix them as reported and upload the mod pack periodically to minimise the impact to game experience. This would have been the fasted way to resolve the issue and ensure that the items reported first were fixed first resulting in minimum disruption to the anybody's play through.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get any comprehensive feedback. (I am hoping that's because you are having too much fun playing the game).

Therefore I will have to go and test every weapon / armour / shield combination.

Lets see....that's about 352 weapon / shield combinations X 13 armour types...that 4,576 sprite sets to go and manually test in ground combat, so I can identify which ones are not working.

Then I will need to fix them...

Looks like this may take some time. I have created a testing matrix and will work through the list. I can only apologise is this is spoiling anybody's game play through. I will sort it as soon as possible.

UPDATE:

FIXED

I think I have now pretty much fixed all the sprites just packaging them up now ready for upload.

If any more need fixing they will be handled on an individual basis.

Edited by aajs

Thanks guys for all this feedback, nice to know people are trying this mod.

Not sure what happened with the armour pics but will get that sorted for next update..

The advanced shields though is a big issue. I take it you mean the assault shields.

There are two types.. tall and short.. can you confirm which ones and what armour you are wearing and what weapons you are holding when you turn invisible...

Then I can go and sort them out. (You should then be able to update the mod and carry on).

I may also post a little fix pack for those already downloaded this armour mod.

Sorry I dont have the savegame anymore..it was the tall advanced assault shield. Armor was the Wolf armor, I think heavy and stealth version. Weapon was one of the onehanded shotguns and maybe the onehanded electroshock pistol. If I dropped the shield on the ground (which I then did) the soldiers would become visible again and behave normally.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get any comprehensive feedback. (I am hoping that's because you are having too much fun playing the game).

That would require a call to action and much more people being aware of the mod. If the awareness of this mod is limited to this forum, I think the pool of people may be too small for a reasonable chance of someone to download the mod, play it, run into a problem and go through the effort of reporting it.

Xenonauts is a long ass game and some graphical glitches are too insignificant for some players to be bothered about I think.

Sorry I dont have the savegame anymore..it was the tall advanced assault shield. Armor was the Wolf armor, I think heavy and stealth version. Weapon was one of the onehanded shotguns and maybe the onehanded electroshock pistol. If I dropped the shield on the ground (which I then did) the soldiers would become visible again and behave normally.

Thanks so much its appreciated, I will go have a look at them and see what's causing the issue.

Hello there

I have a small issue with your mod. Some of the item can't be produced for some reason. Even if it say that I can now manifacture them.

I have your mod 1 3 4 and 5 installed. Plus Skitso's Map Pack and BarleyTroops.

Thanks in advance.

That combination should be fine, however if you tell me what items you cant produce I will check it for you.

That would require a call to action and much more people being aware of the mod. If the awareness of this mod is limited to this forum, I think the pool of people may be too small for a reasonable chance of someone to download the mod, play it, run into a problem and go through the effort of reporting it.

Xenonauts is a long ass game and some graphical glitches are too insignificant for some players to be bothered about I think.

Thanks Reactocore, I was going to start posting my mod on the other links you told me about, however I now have more changes than I can deal with at them moment. So I am going to sort this list first and then when its mainly fixed I am going to get to it and get distributing on other forums.

Once I have it fairly stable then I can turn my attention to individual requests etc.

That combination should be fine, however if you tell me what items you cant produce I will check it for you.

Everything under the equipment tab, exept the vibranium knife, so far. I dont know if its intended, but I recived few of them when research was completed.

Thanks in advance.

Everything under the equipment tab, exept the vibranium knife, so far. I dont know if its intended, but I recived few of them when research was completed.

Thanks in advance.

Oh well in that case, this is not a mod thing but something localised to you and your machine.

Make sure you have XCE 0.33.

If you are having odd behaviour, in the past I have found it beneficial to delete all the temp files located here:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts

As these scripts are supposed to be autoupdated, however some times they get stuck.

Apart from that I would update the game again, however I would just like to check a specific example, so if you could provide the name of one item that you cannot manufacture I will confirm that I can.

Found out 2 things:

1)If you equip : heavy jackal armor, basic tall shield and laser\stun pistol (with darts) - shield sprites do not show. Issue was observed with one of these two pistols, I can't remember which one, sorry :D

2)Upon researching soldier equipment you can build in your workshop, you get 1 piece for free. Is this an intended feature?

Found out 2 things:

1)If you equip : heavy jackal armor, basic tall shield and laser\stun pistol (with darts) - shield sprites do not show. Issue was observed with one of these two pistols, I can't remember which one, sorry :D

2)Upon researching soldier equipment you can build in your workshop, you get 1 piece for free. Is this an intended feature?

Nice thanks so much for the feedback. I will get those checked.

Regarding the free item on completing research, yes this is intended. The protoype item is sent back to your starting base for evaluation in the field. So it can be tested before putting it into production. I guess at some point I should pop a little note at the bottom of all the xenopedia entries indicating this.

Also intended some common items are manufatured in batches of ten. That way right clicking will give you 100. Very usefull for grenades etc.

Another thing - did you touch Sebillian combat AI and accuracy? They act pretty much like Caesans in this mod. shooting at my troops with superb accuracy from very,very far away - just got my shield dude killed by 2 shots from fog of war just outside my FOV (and it was during day). When I moved out next turn, I found one sebillian literally 1 tile further than my trooper's LOS, and he hit both shots from that range (!)

They don't seem to be charging your troops like in vanilla\other mods, which is super anti-lore. And frankly, with their preserved vision through smoke is making them even more scary. So, as of now they are super tough, super accurate long-range fighters with HP regen and thermal vision.

Even though I'm not against extra challenge, you should at least correct the lore for them.

Did anyone else notice this strange behavior?

Another thing - did you touch Sebillian combat AI and accuracy? They act pretty much like Caesans in this mod. shooting at my troops with superb accuracy from very,very far away - just got my shield dude killed by 2 shots from fog of war just outside my FOV (and it was during day). When I moved out next turn, I found one sebillian literally 1 tile further than my trooper's LOS, and he hit both shots from that range (!)

They don't seem to be charging your troops like in vanilla\other mods, which is super anti-lore. And frankly, with their preserved vision through smoke is making them even more scary. So, as of now they are super tough, super accurate long-range fighters with HP regen and thermal vision.

Even though I'm not against extra challenge, you should at least correct the lore for them.

Did anyone else notice this strange behavior?

Now that's an interesting observation. None of my mods touch AI settings. But even more weird is that I don't think of any of the ones I recomended do either. Have you got any extra ones enabled?

Oh well in that case, this is not a mod thing but something localised to you and your machine.

Make sure you have XCE 0.33.

If you are having odd behaviour, in the past I have found it beneficial to delete all the temp files located here:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts

As these scripts are supposed to be autoupdated, however some times they get stuck.

Apart from that I would update the game again, however I would just like to check a specific example, so if you could provide the name of one item that you cannot manufacture I will confirm that I can.

I am installing XCE 0.33. Somehow, I didn't realise what you meant by "for XCE 0.33 HF1" in the title.

Thanks

Edit: It worked, thanks again!

Edited by RedParadize

You got my attention. I recommend you first change starting money, 30k is too much.

I will write some of my feedback soon. I strongly believe that modding is much more than add senseless stuff and weapons, unfortunately the lack of flexibility and tools of the game engine dont let other options.

Im curious about testing lot of your proposals in XMC.

Keep working and thanks a lot for your work.

I have "Furies, Terror and Dreadnoughts" enabled, as well as "Hold the Line!".

Neither of those should mess with combat AI (apart from psionics in Hold the Line)

Odd then, I added some items to some sebillians, I wonder if that could somehow result in an in game AI change. I will play around with that. Also I will check that the AI settings are not included in any of my mods by accident.

Also please post back about your game experience with the other mods you added. I have not tried those mods yet and might add them to my next playthrough.