XMC Part 1: (Ground Combat) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

What I don't understand is why don't you use CE (it's more stable than vanilla and improvement in various ways) ? If you are playing steam version of game, CE includes several mods, among which is Lore + (plus there is absolutely zero reasons not to play with CE, well almost zero ).

I really wondered why "Choices Part 4 – Armour" is 1.1 Gb large for 14 pieces of armor, compared to the size of the rest ?

I helped Kabill to compress assets of his armor pack as much as possible.Original size was around 5 GB, so answer to your question is, if aajas is to compress assets even more, side effects of additional compression would be much more noticeable (blurry model for starters ).

Also, for part 4 to function properly you need XCE, because mod is using features exposed to modders, only available with it.

4. The use of vehicles:

I love the add. content you made. Only question is: doesn't it "steal" XP for my units? I read in themanual that skill up depends on actions, not xp. So it doesnt matter who kills the alien, right? Whoever does the kill, it doesnt matter, right? Only in that case, i could use vehicles , otherwise i would waste resources my soldiers would need to improve.

You don't have to worry about this, XP doesn't exist at least not in sense you are implying.Your soldiers will still progress in ranks and get skilled points based purely on actions they take and in how many missions they anticipate (as far as I can recall, it's been awhile since I played game).

Edited by Sentelin

Hi Sentelin,

Thanks for an explantion of the size issue. I asked just out of interest, not to complain about the size =).

For the vehicles: thx a lot, so i will use them =))

regarding the CE-mod:

As far is i understand, i need to put the CE mod last in the list behind the XMC mod, right?

Do they work together?

Do i need to deactivate mods from XMC which are included in the CE mod?

Edited by Schraupel

I am still shocked, when people say they are not aware of Community Edition, which is really bummer.Anyway yes you can use it with any edition, only XCE which you can download from here http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10. does not include additional mods, so you will have to download Lore + manually from here http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=55 and mini-update for Lore+ is here http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=85

does it include the XMC mod?

No, it doesn't. XMC needs to be added manually.

On side note, here is what X:CE is in short version :

A version of the game built by community coders with access to the sourcecode, it includes bugfixes, general improvements, enhancements to modding capabilities, and features such as a memorial wall

Also 1.5 official patch consist mostly of some prehistoric version of Community Edition with one major modification to accuracy formula (they reverted changes made in XCE to vanilla regarding that part).

Edited by Sentelin

What you really need is X:CE 0.33 HF2 and X:CE 0.33 HF2- Settings , X:CE 0.33 HF2 - Balance is optional but highly recommended, in general you should have all tree of them.

If you have further questions you can head to X:CE sub forum (there you will find change logs, installation instructions and alike threads):

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/31-Xenonauts-Community-Edition

Great, thx.

We are nearly there, juts 3 more questions:

1. So theses 3 mods, i put LAST in the order after all mods of XMC? (at the mod launcher)?

2. Do i need to deactivate mods from XMC which are included in the CE mod?

3. do i need to start the X:CE exe to start or the normal exe from the vanilla game?

PS: sorry for my many questions, i am not a modder myself and just an ordinary PC user (the forum is quiet confusing regarding mods, e.g. there is no sticky for the latet XCE mod.)

(note to Max, you might want to do something about this).

Hmm, while there isn't sticky for latest version, there is a thread at top of first page, of announcements.

1.Yes

2.Well if they are already included in X:CE,they should be deactivated to avoid overlapping.

3.You can have both of them but to use X:CE you need to use X:CE exe file.

Edit: Yep, that's pretty much it, order is correct but you need to use X:CE exe as I said already.

Oh and I humbly recommend Skitso maps because they are of the best quality and you might consider adding this maps too http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13142-Restored-Community-Map-Pack. With those packs and Kabill's "random " map pack you will almost never have same map twice (this is main problem of playing Xenonauts without map packs)

Edited by Sentelin

Okay, i am still confused.

First of all: thanks for your time and patience. Highly appreciated!!

Now, i added the map pack you recommended to my list.

For the deactivation of mods wich are also in XMC, the text of X:CE says: "these are included in the STEAM version" (e.g. Armored asault). Are they also included in my version? What would happen if i just run it as shown in my list (see below)?

1. This is my folder structure

folder structure.JPG

2. This is my mod prioritization

mod prioritization.JPG

3. This is what i do now:

A: click on "back"

B: click on "play"

click.JPG

4. Now the confusion begins:

4.1 Nothing "installs". The game just starts. How do i see, if all mods have been successfully loaded?

4.2 You said i should use the X:CE exe.

4.2.1 I am in the game now (i used the steps as stated above running the vanilla exe after having activated the mods.)

4.2.2 Where do i find the X:CE exe?

4.3.3. How can i see everythign is allright now?

After trying to get this gaem run for 5 hours now with the best mods, i take a 15 minutes break now.

Your help is really appreciated, i was already at the verge to deinstall the complete game because of nameless anger (although i havent played it 5 minutes yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PS:

The mod launcher always resets after i quit the game (everything is deactivated). So before each start, i have to put all mods in the correct order again?

folder structure.JPG

mod prioritization.JPG

click.JPG

577e7d4d65878_folderstructure.JPG.717cd7

577e7d4d6a2a8_modprioritization.thumb.JP

click.JPG.5f748a9f66f7e5e05fe01645355679

Edited by Schraupel

This is from instructions:

Run X:CE's game executable instead of the base game's executable. It is possible to run it directly from assets/mods/xce and it is not anymore necessary to copy it anywhere (it may be useful to create a desktop shortcut to simplify accessing it though). If you do copy the .exe files, you may need to copy .dll files as well.

This is screen shot of where it is located and what you need (Of those that I mark use only Xenonauts.exe, the other exe - Xenonauts_GC is not for regular players):

30aqauv.png

And this is what yours should like in the end (however, notice that I have more mods enabled, so don't let that confuse you).

jb0hly.png

For the deactivation of mods wich are also in XMC, the text of X:CE says: "these are included in the STEAM version" (e.g. Armored asault). Are they also included in my version? What would happen if i just run it as shown in my list (see below)?

I don't want to sound rude but I think this self explanatory, they are not included in "your" version and everything will be fine , if you ran game is it is shown below.

And easiest way to see if mods are loaded is to start new game and look for changes that mods made.In XMC case if you see this weapon layout, than it is successfully loaded.Though if you enabled them through launcher and they have status enabled, then they are so:

22dowz.jpg

P.S: I won't be able to respond to any other question that you may have ,so you will have to wait for someone else to answer them.

Edited by Sentelin

Hi aajs,

first of all: thanks a million for this amazing mod.

I have just bought Xenonauts (haven't played it yet) and will start a fresh, first and insane campaign tomorrow.

I have searched the forum and have found your collection the only range of mods I can deem "straightforward great & structured". Explanation is short and precise, i love that. The changes and additional content looks like just what a real hardcore strategy Schraupel needs.

Sorry only just seen this as I have been working today.

Hope you love the Mods, The XMC Mods are all completely playable and stable, however I am constantly updating them based on feedback and requests, however I have not really added anything to them to warrant a whole new version as yet.

Just 4 short questions regarding the process of installing your mods (after having just downloaded all of them):

1. the link to Lore+ leads to a dead end "Invalid or Deleted File"? Isnt hat mod to old for v1.59?

This of course is not my mod but it is absolutely fantastic, the original developers would probably have included something like this if they had more time, but you don't really want to miss out on this Mod so hunt round for the link.

I don't have time to find it right now, however If you find a working link let me know and I can update my page.

2. I really wondered why "Choices Part 4 – Armour" is 1.1 Gb large for 14 pieces of armor, compared to the size of the rest ?

Yes sorry about that, those 14peices of armour equate to 1000s of images and files and you need a sprite file for every weapon/item * every armour * this again for every single handed item against each shield type... This makes it very large but worth the effort. if you have reasonable download speeds.

3. The issue mentioned from drages (resistances for aliens to energy weapons):

would this be a fast fix for you to do? If not, it doesnt matter much. In the old XCOM game from 1994/95 i never researched them, because they were always weaker than the alien technology. Or did they change this in Xenonauts?

Drages, ideas was an option for me to pursue if I wanted. I have already rebalance the depleted Alenium weapon damage to make it a half way house between lasers and base ballistic damage. The ballistic weapons although weaker are still considered the same Tier as the lasers weapons even though they do less damage because they are free to produce (covered under monthly budget). So you can use lasers if you want the edge in battle but equally you could probably stick with the ballistics at least till Plasmas. The last Tiers of my ballistic weapons Rank4&5 are not free to produce and have to be manufactured. I guess this game will always be about choices and looking at the short term vs long term of taking any actions/research/manufacture. Personally I normally go for the lasers...

Just informational, but I will be adding some of the resistances to the aliens for various weapons, however as my mods are modular and in fitting with the general theme of my mods, I don't like to modify the vanilla stuff just add to it. So you will see some aliens will different resistance in my mods in the future but they will be my own added in aliens.

4. The use of vehicles:

I love the add. content you made. Only question is: doesn't it "steal" XP for my units? I read in themanual that skill up depends on actions, not xp. So it doesnt matter who kills the alien, right? Whoever does the kill, it doesnt matter, right? Only in that case, i could use vehicles ;), otherwise i would waste resources my soldiers would need to improve.

Again your choice, its worth mentioning there are probably two main types of gamers who like this game.

Strategists, These guys are good! and normally the ones playing on veteran, who don't miss a trick. For these guys its all about stats and studying and getting the perfect edge with everything optimized and making sure the get the perfect XP count. These guys might make the sort of decision like the above... If I take a vehicle then that's X number of crew I am leaving behind who are not getting experience. They probably have all kinds of fancy calculations ticking through their heads. If this is you then I guess I should not tell you too much because it will spoil your play through.

Then there is the other kind of player the gamer that loves the whole RPG style of gaming for this player its all about game immersion and things like sound effects and back story are far more important than strategy. This kind of player does not care about the stats they choose a certain weapon for their character because it looks cool and is good fun. If your this kind of character then you are going to pick items regardless of their stats so again its not worth my giving you any recommendations cos your just going to do what is fun.

Hopefully my mods cater for whatever type of player you are. Remember don't rush through using the same old rinse and repeat tactics just to complete it.. Its a game so enjoy it. I have added extra tactical choices for the strategists so they can experiment and mix things up. I hopefully also added enough sheer volume of choices to keep the RPG type players happy.

Does this ultimately mean i have to choose to either use the large amount of new ballistic weapons your mod provides instead of the newly researched technology based on alien stuff?

What I am trying to say above is don't limit yourself, I am just giving you extra choices that now are hopefully well balanced enough that you can complete the game and have maximum fun whatever way you go.

Just wonder if i can start a first new game tomorrow or not =)

I have installed/downloaded nothing besides all 15 (except Lore+, see above) pieces of your mod collection.

Looking forward for a nice an hard as bone round of Xenonauts (first time after 21 years, yeah!!),

all the best

Yours Schraupel

Thanks for taking time to download and try my mods.

Hope you have great fun..

(note to Max, you might want to do something about this).

Hmm, while there isn't sticky for latest version, there is a thread at top of first page, of announcements.

1.Yes

2.Well if they are already included in X:CE,they should be deactivated to avoid overlapping.

3.You can have both of them but to use X:CE you need to use X:CE exe file.

Edit: Yep, that's pretty much it, order is correct but you need to use X:CE exe as I said already.

Oh and I humbly recommend Skitso maps because they are of the best quality and you might consider adding this maps too http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13142-Restored-Community-Map-Pack. With those packs and Kabill's "random " map pack you will almost never have same map twice (this is main problem of playing Xenonauts without map packs)

Wow - How did I every miss that Map pack... Thanks for posting that Link I better add that to my recommended list at the top.

Now, I cant wait to play it through again.

Hey aajs,

noted your reply just yet, sorry.

I am at the end of the first month yet and have already nearly won. 3 bases up and running, month 2 will first see 60 new scientists added to my 30 others. This means i can safely reearch everything, also your additional choices. I play on insane, but to be fair: I save and reload a lot. The poor aliens don't stand a chance.

As a feedback (i used only the conventional weapons upgrades you made (ballistic up to rank 3), no lasers etc.:

it is just great. When you told me about the work that you guys have put in the armor alone (sure, one needs to have 1 picture in place for every situation possible in the game) I only appreciate your mod even more.

What i really liked so far:

1. no bugs at all

2. Just 2 minor crashes (no error messages)

3. The amount of research topics

4. The fact, that i really saw a difference in performace: I couldn't shoot down one type of small ufo manually with the standard mini guns. I reloaded and equipped the ship with the rotating version, less damage, but more ammo and better angle. I won the fight. Haha, just nice.

So it is really about choices =).

-----

Some suggestions:

1. I really, really hate the level up mechanism. It makes me run my guys around like crazy idiots, even postponing the victory for 3 or more rounds (only to get them all to level up their TU + 2). In the last round, i also shoot into empty terrain, jzst to get that acc-level up etc.

I hate it, but i can't stop doing it =).

I would prefer if the soldier gets a level up on kills. Every action-oriented approach leads to abuse from min-max-guys like me.

2. The ecomonics:

If you play a lot of missions instead of airstriking crash sites (which i only did once because otherwise the crash site did disappear), you will literally swim in plasma pistols & rifles. Sell them off, and your money is made. Maybe you should reduce the sell prices of plasma stuff.

3. Vehicles

The jeep should get a machine gun mounted on the back. Increase its price, or, if you thought it is free at the start so it would be too powerful, let oneself upgrade it. I just need it for scouting, but the machine gun would be nice to break walls etc.

4. Overall

4.1 Bigger maps, less missions

I would suggest making all maps bigger. At the same time, reduce the amount of ufo spawns. I shoot down every ufo is see, that amounts to roughly 20 missions in the first month.

4.2. Many, many more aliens

It is too easy. Every map could use 2 or 3-times the amount of aliens. THEN one had to employ tactics etc.

At the moment, it is 4-7 aliens per map as far as i have seen so far.

4.3. More different types of aliens from one species.

To avoid to much effort, just coulor them differently. 2 types per species isnt that much.

4.4 more species

I have onyl see 2 kinds of species on my first month. Based on the fact that i have nearly won already (90 scientists that will research everything in no time, production base up soon), the game is too short.

Maybe i am wrong, but it seems the game is not made for such a fast progress. Havent had 1 terror mission, too.

4.5. your ballons

Thanks to them, i cover the whole world. The poor aliens cant hide!

Increase their price and make them slower. I havent had 1 casualty in regards to them (well, also in regards to everything else, of course. Could't stand one of my precious nine soldiers to die ;).

5. The reaction fire concept

It doesnt't work as well as in the Fireaxis version.

My guys just shoot reaction fire in the next round. So i.e., if i spot an alien, put my guys around it and let them have TU surplus, then shoot the alien:

it reacts, shoots at one of my guys, but NOONE of my troops activates reaction fire.

Same with suppression:

In the next round, the enemy alien can shoot BEFORE my troops open reaction fire. Even if suppressed.

Okay, thats just what came to my mind. Plenty of text, but i thought you would perhaps like some feedback.

Can't wait to see if there is maybe more than i anticipate in the second month =),

best regards and thx for your mod,

Schraupel

PS: Question:

Regarding your new buildings mod, i just saw the

Large Living quarters (incredible useful)

Will there be more buildings later on? Is there a list with the buildings available (because i am running out of space for buildings in all 3 bases)

Edited by Schraupel

Hey aajs,

noted your reply just yet, sorry.

I am at the end of the first month yet and have already nearly won. 3 bases up and running, month 2 will first see 60 new scientists added to my 30 others. This means i can safely reearch everything, also your additional choices. I play on insane, but to be fair: I save and reload a lot. The poor aliens don't stand a chance.

As a feedback (i used only the conventional weapons upgrades you made (ballistic up to rank 3), no lasers etc.:

it is just great. When you told me about the work that you guys have put in the armor alone (sure, one needs to have 1 picture in place for every situation possible in the game) I only appreciate your mod even more.

Hi Schraupel,

I am so glad you are enjoying the Mod and I would very much like to thank you for being so kind as to post back your feedback.

Its is very much appreciated, In fact I would like to thank again every body that is posting back comments.

Based on all the feedback this set of Mods is turning from a bit of fun into something half decent.

Every time you post back, you are pretty much unofficially modding the game and making it more fun for the next set of players.

What i really liked so far:

no bugs at all Just 2 minor crashes (no error messages)

Thanks, I am very concerned with consistency and hate any bugs that crash the game (Others are acceptable if not too many). Therefore I only recommend other mods that are stable.. But I have to admit all the stability improvements are really down to the XCE edition.

The amount of research topics

If there are any additional XCE changes granting more modding options then there will probably be more.

4. The fact, that i really saw a difference in performace: I couldn't shoot down one type of small ufo manually with the standard mini guns. I reloaded and equipped the ship with the rotating version, less damage, but more ammo and better angle. I won the fight. Haha, just nice.

So it is really about choices =).

;)

-----

Some suggestions:

1. I really, really hate the level up mechanism. It makes me run my guys around like crazy idiots, even postponing the victory for 3 or more rounds (only to get them all to level up their TU + 2). In the last round, i also shoot into empty terrain, jzst to get that acc-level up etc.

I hate it, but i can't stop doing it =).

I would prefer if the soldier gets a level up on kills. Every action-oriented approach leads to abuse from min-max-guys like me.

Haha, I never knew you could do that. Well I am not sure you can Mod that, but I will certainly look into it.

Only thing is now you've shared...I think I will run my men around, lift heavy things and fire at everything in sight.

It does actually make more logical sense to level up this way when you think about it, however its certainly the more conventional game approach to get XP for killing enemies and levelling up based on that.. I will try to stop my men from dropping and doing 20 press-ups in the middle of an Alien attack.:)

2. The ecomonics:

If you play a lot of missions instead of airstriking crash sites (which i only did once because otherwise the crash site did disappear), you will literally swim in plasma pistols & rifles. Sell them off, and your money is made. Maybe you should reduce the sell prices of plasma stuff.

You are so right here! my whole research / manufacturing and selling needs a big overhaul, I was kind of hoping Reactocore was going to take it on, however he may be too busy and I promised I would not push him on it. For now I need to implement a quick fix that I can approach in a quick fit systematic way.. Then we could go back and smooth out any small issues later.

Tactical Dragon said in a previous post:

"The only way to balance production profit by manufacture is making profit rates (Money / hour corelation).

This will change all manufacture times and costs."

This may not have the finesse of an "adjust as you playtest" approach, however for getting the Job done I am very much in favour of it.

However, I think I know what has fundamentally gone wrong here...

In actual fact the sale price of my Alien artefacts has not been adjusted at all from the vanilla game. The only difference is that vanilla version automatically sells them at the end of the mission where my XMC Part2 mod returns them to your stores/inventory so you have the option to sell them or keep them...However I wrongly (in hindsight) gave players additional starting funds for my mod. I did this because I added a lot of extra ballistic weapons and I wanted the players to have enough money to explore them. This was a mistake as the Vanilla starting funds are well balanced and tested. Additionally what has further compounded the funding issue is that after extensive play-testing I decided to make the early ballistics effectively free... This has left players too cash rich which allows them to kit out too many bases at the start-which they then spend on manufacturing plants and engineers in order to effectively start up their own Arms Markets... I am thinking I can pretty much put back the balance by just reducing the starting funds back to the vanilla amount.

This I will do immediately and follow up with the first pass systematic manufacture for profit update.

The profits will be something along the lines of cost per (man days of an engineer * total days) - cost of materials used.

Then + 20% profit for normal Items. Lets say 30% profit for alienium / alien alloy constructed items.

Unless of course you can come up with a better idea?

The research times could possibly be adjusted also: Reactocore wanted the to be a little more "Real-World" realistic. The Vanilla ones seem to be based more around game balance than realism.

My values seem to be a little random and not balance around game balance or realism.:(

For a quick fix here I will adjust my research times to leverage off the vanilla ones. That way at least they should be fairly balanced without a lot of extra work...

Then if Reactocore still wants to tune them up a bit, they can pretty much be spot on.

3. Vehicles

The jeep should get a machine gun mounted on the back. Increase its price, or, if you thought it is free at the start so it would be too powerful, let oneself upgrade it. I just need it for scouting, but the machine gun would be nice to break walls etc.

Let me think about that, I kind of wanted all my scout vehicles to not be able to do direct damage.

But maybe a small one that did not do more damage than a xenonaut with an machine gun maybe acceptable.

4.1 Bigger maps, less missions

I would suggest making all maps bigger. At the same time, reduce the amount of ufo spawns. I shoot down every ufo is see, that amounts to roughly 20 missions in the first month.

Yep, I have not really got into the mapping side of this however I see a lot of requests for the bigger maps but with the small alien craft. This could work and be very exciting as long as in those cases the maps were very open so you did not have to hunt around for ours looking for a single alien.. People have suggest big battle maps with lots of Friendly AI units involved in the fight.

Or you could possibly have big maps but with a clearly led way to the Alien ship, like a winding road through a forest etc...

I cant comment on this too much until I have tried making a few maps. I would very much like to get into this while all the good map modders are still active on this forum, however I looks like I have a lot of tweaks that people want more urgently.

4.2. Many, many more aliens

It is too easy. Every map could use 2 or 3-times the amount of aliens. THEN one had to employ tactics etc.

At the moment, it is 4-7 aliens per map as far as i have seen so far.

Yep I have heard this a few times now, my only excuse it that I must just be rubbish at this game, so when I play test it I think its challenging.:D. I have pretty much stopped doing my own playtesting and now get feedback directly from you veterans;).

I am going to ramp it up a little and see how it goes.

4.3. More different types of aliens

from one species.

To avoid to much effort, just colour them differently. 2 types per species isnt that much.

I have plans for more, however its just me doing this Mod, with the occasional bit of help from others who want to chip in with something so it takes me a while. At the moment I am trying to learn "Blender" (The 3D graphics App) and I am laughably bad at it so takes me ages to make anything. However I am already saving away some nice models that I will be animating later..

4.4 more species

I have only seen 2 kinds of species on my first month. Based on the fact that i have nearly won already (90 scientists that will research everything in no time, production base up soon), the game is too short.

Maybe i am wrong, but it seems the game is not made for such a fast progress. Havent had 1 terror mission, too.

Yep, Drages showed me how I can make the game run longer so I have already extended it a little. Maybe I need to extend it a little more...

4.5. your ballons

Thanks to them, i cover the whole world. The poor aliens cant hide!

Increase their price and make them slower. I havent had 1 casualty in regards to them (well, also in regards to everything else, of course. Could't stand one of my precious nine soldiers to die ;).

Thanks for the feedback on this, most people don't even use them, myself included so I kind of needed a few suggestions here, however I think sorting the starting funds will mostly smooth out this issue.

5. The reaction fire concept

It doesnt't work as well as in the Fireaxis version.

My guys just shoot reaction fire in the next round. So i.e., if i spot an alien, put my guys around it and let them have TU surplus, then shoot the alien:

it reacts, shoots at one of my guys, but NOONE of my troops activates reaction fire.

Same with suppression:

In the next round, the enemy alien can shoot BEFORE my troops open reaction fire. Even if suppressed.

Not sure about modding any of this stuff. I can ask Drages or Max as they pretty much know everything. Anyway I will have a look at it but this one will be a lower priority I think.

Okay, that's just what came to my mind. Plenty of text, but i thought you would perhaps like some feedback.

Loved it! Thanks again so much for taking the time.

Can't wait to see if there is maybe more than i anticipate in the second month =),

best regards and thx for your mod,

Schraupel

PS: Question:

Regarding your new buildings mod, i just saw the

Large Living quarters (incredible useful)

Will there be more buildings later on? Is there a list with the buildings available (because i am running out of space for buildings in all 3 bases)

Yep there will be more buildings in the current mod you have installed. I also may attempt creating in the future a Command Centre upgrades, but it may not be possible due to the fact that your players spawn there on ground missions. But I thought it would be great if players could upgrade to more automated command centres that are much smaller. These of course would be much more expensive to setup and maintain but could free up valuable space at the point in the game where you are desperate for it... Hopefully it can be done.

Thanks Again

AAJS

Edited by aajs

Hi

I just started playing the mod and you have done a amazing job, congrats.

As I still very early in the game and have equipped my entire team with laser weapons but there are some big exploits in the economy that I found. I made a hundred or so vibranium knives and sold them, I made about $200,000 in a few days. :) This probably needs to be patched as I have a base just pumping out vibranium knives and selling them.

Also I have been having a really annoying problem where I can't build most misc. items like grenades, airstrikes, or antigravity devices. Can you help me with this gamebreakinig issue?

Sure, I will have a look at the misc items, and will start working on the manufacturing for profit change that I highlighted in my earlier post, however I am afraid it will take some time as there is a lot of content.

[EDIT]

Aaaah Haaa, Now I can see what is happening with the Vibranium Knife Exploit.

Hopefully I have patched this up now... It was basically returning 10 knives at the end of each manufacturing run instead of 1. That means I was returning 9 more for free that people then sell...

I am not entirely sure if it ruined peoples games or enhanced them, anyhow its got to be fixed because its a bit silly. I am just doing my first run and I am half way through the part1 choices mod.

Soon as it is finished I will upload. Not sure if you will have to start again to pick up the changes.

I think it might actually be okay to just carry on.

Edited by aajs

Hi

I just started playing the mod and you have done a amazing job, congrats.

As I still very early in the game and have equipped my entire team with laser weapons but there are some big exploits in the economy that I found. I made a hundred or so vibranium knives and sold them, I made about $200,000 in a few days. :) This probably needs to be patched as I have a base just pumping out vibranium knives and selling them.

Also I have been having a really annoying problem where I can't build most misc. items like grenades, airstrikes, or antigravity devices. Can you help me with this gamebreakinig issue?

Not sure about why you cant make airstrikes as Reactocore included screen shots where he completed the game after manufacturing a whole bunch of them. The Antigravity device you would not be able to manufacture with a "lightDroneWreckage" I take it you have that?

[Edit] The manufacture / research update is complete. Was slightly quicker than I thought.

Now it will only need little tweeks based on individual feed back. You will just need to download part 1 again.

Enjoy

Edited by aajs

Hey, could you set the dates on updates or something so we can know if we're up to date ? ~thx

Okay - Very good point!

I did not want to make a big thing about it and stretch to a full version update in the xml file, as I think I am supposed to repost in a new thread when I do that, and I Just don't have time to do that at the moment.

However, I will put a little date mark next to the download link, every time I update in future.

Hope that will be sufficient

;)

Sorry in advance if I misbehave, but things like this are extremely infuriating to me.

So. How do I install these mods?

//Edit;

Never mind, I seem to have figured out the problem...

Don't worry,

we are here to help.

If you have any other problems just drop a note, and I or another modder / player will do our best to help you out.