[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

1) Ah. Thanks for clarifying what I needed to modify. Will do so soon and report the results when I get a chance.

2) I understand the difficulties of keeping things in a project as large as this together and properly implemented.

3) Ooooh. What will CE 0.33 allow you to do?

Look to 0.99 discussion at my sign.. and you can check the news at 0.33 CE announcement topic. I am going to sleep now.. cya soon!

Sleep well, Drages. :)

Thx..

I just looked for the default games alien damage/fire frequency. Default game got 60 damage from beginning.. 0.99 will have it 40. Default game dont consider resistance/damage types so its much more basic to calculate. At fire frequency, alien rifles can only fire one burst per turn, it was double at X-Division. I think it makes all the aliens damage output nearly double.

When you try to make both sides with near same situations, this brings Realistic balance but break the games one. You need to survive from there to continue. So i bring it again to the default game.. so aliens will fire 1 burst per turn.. 1 sniper/cannon shot.. 3-4 pistol shots..

When you try to make both sides with near same situations, this brings Realistic balance but break the games one. You need to survive from there to continue. So i bring it again to the default game.. so aliens will fire 1 burst per turn.. 1 sniper/cannon shot.. 3-4 pistol shots..

Don't nerf the alien guns--I like to use them against the aliens because of their firepower! :cool:

Don't nerf the alien guns--I like to use them against the aliens because of their firepower! :cool:

At beginning yes.. but the 0.98 calculation system makes the late game human weapon OVERPOWERED over alien weapons.. This was because of some wrong decisions. I saw that and changed them. But this time you realy need to have right weapon against right enemy. The resistances will hold much better this time (0.98:%25 resistance getting lower from taken damage, 0.99:%10). So if you got wrong weapon, it will be painful and long.

The beginning phase enemies wont have much resistance. So even androns wont be any problem with ballistic weapons. Game will begin after corvettes. You should be ready.. all the race resistances and weapons will apply after guard rank.. I spend huge time for planning this time.. I didnt expect to change so much thing after 0.98 but it happened.

Aliens will be overwhelming at all the phases of the game. Even your best armours will stop resist after 2-3 shots maybe earlier.

I am still thinking about how to handle the manufactures...

I hit a green Andron for 252 damage with an alien gun before (the weapon sprites looked like orange flames, that's all I can remember about the gun). Not sure if that's normal or not.

I landed a 1052 Damage shot on a Sebillian once with a NextGen Sniper Rifle--I couldn't reproduce it as a bug; so I concluded that my computer simply glitched the game's damage calculation momentarily and hence saved half my team from a Deadly Sebillian Ambush.

At beginning yes.. but the 0.98 calculation system makes the late game human weapon OVERPOWERED over alien weapons.. This was because of some wrong decisions. I saw that and changed them. But this time you realy need to have right weapon against right enemy. The resistances will hold much better this time (0.98:%25 resistance getting lower from taken damage, 0.99:%10). So if you got wrong weapon, it will be painful and long.

The beginning phase enemies wont have much resistance. So even androns wont be any problem with ballistic weapons. Game will begin after corvettes. You should be ready.. all the race resistances and weapons will apply after guard rank.. I spend huge time for planning this time.. I didnt expect to change so much thing after 0.98 but it happened.

Aliens will be overwhelming at all the phases of the game. Even your best armours will stop resist after 2-3 shots maybe earlier.

I never made it to the late-game since geoscape management kept slowing me down (I'm to the point where I get 1 Cruiser per wave). I had the resistance decay set to that already and I've still beaten every terror mission the aliens have thrown at me.

My concern is not the enemies; but where you're going with the weapons...

I'm confident that with my skill I can avoid 90% of such issues. In that case my soldiers will be following the normal rules of Real-Life Combat: Try not to get shot.

Everybody got different play styles. I made some formulas at excel to simulate the damages and resistances. Even 5 more damage can kill you 3 shots earlier. . I hope this time my calculations goes well for whole game.

I will start coding the weapons soon. Then we can see them on action. Before that nobody can see what will happen.

Is there a UFO or map that has both Sebillian and Caesan units on it? And none of them have weapons? I started a new game and the first UFO I shot down was right outside my base and when my team landed I found both types of aliens in the surrounding area and on the ship and none of them were carrying weapons.

First time I've ever run into that. I used to load X-Division at the bottom of my mod list but I read somewhere it should be towards the top so I moved it to #2 (after Lore+). Is it possible the mod or moving it in the mod list created this weird map?

I'm on my second UFO mission now and only seen Caesan and a Xenomorph so far. And Caesan has a gun this time...

X-Division is on top, but I still get UFOs with aliens with no weapons. Is it possible a for a mod below it to cause this even if the other mod doesn't affect the ufocontents folder or the units folder? I'm using Kabill's 'Extended Armories mod, but it's at the bottom of the list and doesn't modify alien unit files or anything in the ufocontents folder so I don't see how it could be causing this.

This isn't supposed to happen, right? I'm not supposed to see a light scout with both alien types and none of them carrying weapons, correct?

This is an overhaul mod. Even you got another mods under it, they could merge and destroy everything. As I said, do not use any other mods except maps and XCE.

yes you should not see that kind of things. Something merges with the mod badly.. or there is an install problem. You extract the mod files correctly I hope. First the main mod then 98.1 then 98.2 and hotfix 4.. all to the Mods directory.

I've spent about 60 hours playing your mod over the course of the last week or so. Just want to say thanks for the creation and I look forward to 0.99.

Your hands are completely full I'm sure but have you considered organizing or requesting someone organize a Wiki for the mod? There's so many things I've just now discovered after reading through this last few pages of posts that just aren't obvious in the game.

Thanks again for the great work!

Thx for kind words.

A wiki is very good idea and I know there is many things which player can't solve alone. The biggest reason is the mod evolving at every version. 0.99 will be totally different. So at least until 1.0 I don't want to give full effort to a wiki. I hope 0.99 will be the best version and after bug and balance testing I will make it 1.0.. and I will publish it at mod places like nexus.

But anyway my English is not enough for a wiki and I need help about it..

Well I just started playing this mod. And was very much looking forward to playing through it.

However. After noticing that the difficulty was only difficult because you've forced it that way. It strips away the fun. Why have you made it so that the basic weapons. (M16 equivalent has such pathetic range and accuracy?)

For a laugh I went through some of your files and code and noticed that you had made the base soliders starting pool of stats that can be randomly chosen from a hell of a lot lower than vanilla. Same with weapon accuracy, range and damages. (For the starting weapons anyway)

Also why do the Xeno's that are with Caesans completely resistant to M16 bursts and Shotgun rounds at point blank 80% of the time? - After stumbling across lore files it turns out they are, I stand correct on that front - And why are aliens crazy accurate in comparison to our supposedly ex military served troops? (Some of them anyway)

I want to really play this mod and I want to enjoy it. But some of the design choices make me honestly sit and ask why you went that way and I'm intrigued as to why.

I don't mind getting my ass handed to me. But when its handed to me due to unfair circumstances that aren't entirely logical. IE Illogical accuracy and ranging for supposed Assault Rifles designed for Short - Mid range firefights or long range if modded with optics. Especially in the hands of supposedly ex military or military trained people. I tend to struggle to find the fun in it.

If I was getting swarmed by a horde of sebillians and it was a tense firefight and I had competant-ish troops and weapons that were actually weapons then I'd be having a blast. But when I'm struggling to kill one guy whos not more than maybe 10 tiles away using a crouched military trained person with an assault rifle with an aimed shot and I'm getting a 14% chance to hit. Alarm bells go off consistently that something is off.

Especially when that same Caesan is then suddenly getting constant hits or damn near misses consistently on my men using a pistol from the same distance. (I know Plasma over Ballastics but still it's telling me my pistol user who's the same 10 tiles away from said Caesan - I checked just to clarify - is supposedly out of range) :(

I know it's different tastes for different people. I'm not hating on the mod per se. I'm just confused.

Edited by Ajaxial

Hi Ajaxial..

Thanks for nice feedback about my mod and i can say that its more then an experiment over taste.. I choosed some directions at every version of the mod and i collect and saw more data from them.. For that reason this mod is not still over ver. 1.0...

There is many wrong things at 0.98 and i touched everything you mentioned at 0.99 calculations. When i was redoing all the things at 0.98, sometimes i say "what did i do??".. but it happens.. its a very huge mod and i am the only one on it as balance and calculations. It will be one of the best and biggest one and only 0.99 version left in my way.. for that reason i am going step by step and slowly.. 0.99 will be much more bigger and hopefully better then 0.98.. I am waiting some more softcoding from CE writers too so 0.99 will need some months i can say..

You will see much more fair fights i can promise. Please follow 0.99 discussion thread too for your idea and what is going on!!

Hi Ajaxial..

Thanks for nice feedback about my mod and i can say that its more then an experiment over taste.. I choosed some directions at every version of the mod and i collect and saw more data from them.. For that reason this mod is not still over ver. 1.0...

There is many wrong things at 0.98 and i touched everything you mentioned at 0.99 calculations. When i was redoing all the things at 0.98, sometimes i say "what did i do??".. but it happens.. its a very huge mod and i am the only one on it as balance and calculations. It will be one of the best and biggest one and only 0.99 version left in my way.. for that reason i am going step by step and slowly.. 0.99 will be much more bigger and hopefully better then 0.98.. I am waiting some more softcoding from CE writers too so 0.99 will need some months i can say..

You will see much more fair fights i can promise. Please follow 0.99 discussion thread too for your idea and what is going on!!

I want to apologize. I reread my post and I can't help but feel I came across as aggresive and a bit of an ass. Sorry.

I'm happy to hear that the ranges and accuracy stats and other bits and pieces are being ammended. I went through and compared the default values with X-Division and did some tweaking myself and have slowly being finding a nice middle ground between your mod and vanilla that adds a bit more difficulty but doesn't quite kick me in the teeth as abruptly. :D

So far I've edited only the basic weapons and hunter scout car and added back a few bits like multiple aim mods to weapons that were missing them and so forth.

Once the bits and pieces are added back I feel I'll be able to play the early game. I don't intend to edit the later game content as I noticed that stat wise (From what I can tell from the code anyway) It seems to be sufficent for the content if that makes sense. :)

I did take a quick peek at your 0.99 thread just before first downloading 0.98 and the patches. I shall hopefully join the discussion soon.