[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Thats good news and i´m surprised about the implementet tooltips too. I would say it´s Birthday/Easter and Christmas together. Yeah! :cool:

But good news have bad news too. So I found out some minutes ago, that if you produce 2 Vehicles in an other Base and transfer 1 to the Mainbase (where the Strike force is stationed) causes a crash if you try to assign it in the Transport (Hangerbay / Transport).

If you go to the Garage and Equip it with other Weapons there is no crash.

I tried as follows:

a) build it in Base 2 (Original Hunter/Defender Equipment) and send 1 to the Main Base. Equip the first with the Gun I researched, go to assining screen in Hanger: CRASH!

b) build it in Base 2 (Original Hunter Equipment) and send both to Main Base. Equp both with the Gun I researched, go to assining screen in Hanger: CRASH!

I build my Planes in Base 2 too, and have no Crash after Transfer to the Main Base and equipping. Very :confused: about that.

Hmm... seems to be a bug with the researchable Canon. Tryed it with .30 Calibers and Rockets. There it workes with the Assignment in the Transport.

Edited by Alienkiller

So... in XNT you can repair shields in-situ... can we do that? PLZ

Repairing shields was from xenophobia and i dont think its balanced and make sense.. its just iron shield damaged by energy weapons. and u will use a shield until end of the mission.. if u need so much just bring a second?

I tried as follows:

a) build it in Base 2 (Original Hunter/Defender Equipment) and send 1 to the Main Base. Equip the first with the Gun I researched, go to assining screen in Hanger: CRASH!

b) build it in Base 2 (Original Hunter Equipment) and send both to Main Base. Equp both with the Gun I researched, go to assining screen in Hanger: CRASH!

I build my Planes in Base 2 too, and have no Crash after Transfer to the Main Base and equipping. Very :confused: about that.

Hmm... seems to be a bug with the researchable Canon. Tryed it with .30 Calibers and Rockets. There it workes with the Assignment in the Transport.

This bug is a known bug, vehicle weapon manufactured and transported with vehicle bug.. ppl warned me about making vehicle weapons manufacture.. but its not so deadly.. just make your vehicle at main base and CE ppl would fix it sooner or later..

What is the cannon problem? Hunter cant use cannon, you need to defender to use it.

One Problem I could solve:

I build the Defender in Standardconfiguration with MG-Turret in Second base. Transferd it to Main Base and go to assignment screen; could set Soldiers and Vehicle (MG-Turret as well as Rocket-Turret) without problem. It dosen´t matter where they get produced.

The Problem cames after assining the Cannon-Turret to the Defender:

If you try to assign Soldiers and Vehicle with the Cannon-Turret in the Transport the Game crashes.

I wanted to ask what the ETA was on that! but seeing how everyone is superfast in fixing this mod I wouldn't be surprised if that was later today/tomorrow.

Yes i am so fast!.. i lost my main computer adn send it to repair.. i am now at another slower computer taken from a friend but it seems a bit virus protection problems.. i will publish 0.98.1 tonight...

Did you actually broke your own computer .... yeah that happens,you would be surprised how often unfortunately.

Anyway If I were you I would focus on cross-compatibility with CE 0.32 along with tooltips and wikia,that sure is going to take more time but I bet everyone will agree it's worth a wait.

That is if it's need because most (if not all ) changes are related to exe file.Airprops.xml may need some readjusting,sounds_gc.xml got new thing but you are not using it so this is not important and new tag in config.xml should be added ("Teleporting using a teleport pod now costs 8 TU instead of being free (TeleportUseAP in config.xml"-this is also not important because it didn't exist until now so you don't have to included unless you want to use it) and that's about it.

Edited by Sentelin

Yep then we can test the new Version. But I think we have to start a new Campain about the chances made in the Mod. But that doesn´t matter, beause I didn´t have much Ufo´s scrambeld right now.

Corvettes and Landingships are there in my game. And the Aliens build an Outpost on the doorstep yesterday evening.:P

Maybe I will test the rest for today and then beginn the new Version.

Did you actually broke your own computer .... yeah that happens,you would be surprised how often unfortunately.

Anyway If I were you I would focus on cross-compatibility with CE 0.32 along with tooltips and wikia,that sure is going to take more time but I bet everyone will agree it's worth a wait.

That is if it's need because most (if not all ) changes are related to exe file.Airprops.xml may need some readjusting,sounds_gc.xml got new thing but you are not using it so this is not important and new tag in config.xml should be added ("Teleporting using a teleport pod now costs 8 TU instead of being free (TeleportUseAP in config.xml"-this is also not important because it didn't exist until now so you don't have to included unless you want to use it) and that's about it.

As i read, there is nothing to stop to play with this mod. I still wait kabills additions for modders..

I didn't break it, maybe some keyboard problem because of writing non-stop :) there was many dead pixels at monitor.. i needed to send it before warranty goes off..

-----

Starting from beginning would be more cool with new tooltips and xenopedia.. its better to check xeno entries too.. you need to be careful what u research to give me info when there is a bug..

Yea that is because the Aliens will get better Equipment too. At this stage the Aliens will upgrade their Weapons (Grenades, Rifels etc.) to, so that your Wolf Armor and the Buzzard Armor is needed for your Soldiers. The "Hunter" Scout with rocket Launcher should be replaced by the Armored Scout "Defender" with Cannon-Turret to have a chance. For your Shield Soldiers you should have the upgraded Shield "Enchented Combat Shield" and the Fox Armor.

Laser Weapons, Incendiery Grenades / Incendiery Rockets, Stun Batons, Stun Grenades / Stun Rockets, C4 and the other Grenades from the Beginning are a must have too. I equip my Soldiers like this at this Stage of Game:

- Laser Weponary (2 Laser Sniper, 3 Heavy Laser, 3 Laser Rifels, 3 Laser Shotguns, 7 Laser Pistols [2

for Snipers, 3 for Shield, 2 for Scouts] and 2 Mags for Reserve

- Assaults, Shield, Scouts and Snipers get better Pistols / Shotguns by 1 new Tech (fast Bullet)

- 2 Rocketeers (2 Explosive Rockets, 1 Stun Rocket, 1 or 2 Incendiery Rockets or if availible 1 or 2

Chemical Rockets)

- all Soldiers gets the Medipack if possible

- The Soldiers with Shotguns, Shield and Scout get all: 1 Stun Baton, 1 Chemical Injector [2 Mag. for

Reserve]

- The Assaults get each 1 C4 and 2 Incendiery Grenades

- The Rifelmans get each 2 Greandes, 2 Flashbangs, 2 Smoke Grenades, 2 Stun Grenades, 2

Incendiery Grenades

- The Heavys 2 Incendiery Grenades, 1 to 2 Stun Grenades

- The Snipers get 2 Stun Grenades, 2 Incendiery Grenades, 2 Flashbangs

- The Shields 1 Incendiery Grenade

Scouts and Rocketeers I have to look, there I have no Idea atm.

Edited by Alienkiller

Thanks for such a great mod. I bought the game yesterday to play it :)

Steam has just updated to CE 0.32 and it seems that the info of refueling and re-arming of interceptors / AWACS is now gone. It was not the case when having CE0.31. Not that it breaks the fun in any way though.

Thanks for such a great mod. I bought the game yesterday to play it :)

Steam has just updated to CE 0.32 and it seems that the info of refueling and re-arming of interceptors / AWACS is now gone. It was not the case when having CE0.31. Not that it breaks the fun in any way though.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the mod!You should report it at CE topic!

So as of today I had become Community Programmer, however before you start bombing me with requests let's make something clear.

One:I didn't take a look at code base and hopefully I will be able to do so at Friday.Then I will know for certain what can I do with my current knowledge of C++ (I am still fairly young programmer with 3 years of programming mainly in Java) and avoid breaking stuff.

Second:I also need time to familiarize myself with code base.However I won't take personal request,though I will take in consideration.In light of this,until I make my own thread (actually I don't think I will),please don't spam here keep this thread focused only on X-division,instead keep posting in kabill's thread because that's what I am going to watch closely and pick request from (also Kabill is doing good job at keeping master list of request up to date).Don't send me PM's I won't ignore them but also don't hope on response.

Third:Currently I don't have my own To-do -list and as I mentioned everything in Kabill's thread will be examined and consider.Also I won't be able to start doing on anything for month of so because of incoming colloquiums,project I am working on,the small amount of brief time that I manage to salvage,I plan to use for vacation and relaxing (incoming weeks are going to be nightmare).

Edited by Sentelin

So as of today I had become Community Programmer, however before you start bombing me with requests let's make something clear.

One:I didn't take a look at code base and hopefully I will be able to do so at Friday.Then I will know for certain what can I do with my current knowledge of C++ (I am still fairly young programmer with 3 years of programming mainly in Java) and avoid breaking stuff.

Second:I also need time to familiarize myself with code base.However I won't take personal request,though I will take in consideration.In light of this,until I make my own thread (actually I don't think I will),please don't spam here keep this thread focused only on X-division,instead keep posting in kabill's thread because that's what I am going to watch closely and pick request from (also Kabill is doing good job at keeping master list of request up to date).Don't send me PM's I won't ignore them but also don't hope on response.

Third:Currently I don't have my own To-do -list and as I mentioned everything in Kabill's thread will be examined and consider.Also I won't be able to start doing on anything for month of so because of incoming colloquiums,project I am working on,the small amount of brief time that I manage to salvage,I plan to use for vacation and relaxing (incoming weeks are going to be nightmare).

Hmm.. i didnt expect that but i respected your modding soul.. so now you are officially X-Division community codder :P

I listed what i need at kabils topic.. mostly basic things..

0.98.1 is UP

Edited by drages

Thanks for the update Drages.

Quick comments having fired up a new game (0.98.1+CE0.32):

- No more AWACS in the starting base

- F17 replaced by MIG-32 (x2)

- 1 empty hangar space

- New buildings are built immediately

Did I probably mess something in the install or does this stem from changes in balance? Could it be because of CE0.32.