Question about system requirements?

Tasoth

Hello Folks,

Could you please, share what will be the system requirements for this fantastic game?

Do you think that a 3-4 year old PC will handle it :D.

Chris, thank you mate for making this happen…… :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Vladislav

They haven't been fully tested, but from the Xenonauts site a general list is available.

" Initial testing suggests that anything with over 128mb of video memory and more than 1gb of disk space will be able to run the game."

Also a widescreen monitor. It's a bit cramped on 4:3.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The resolutions are flaky at the moment due to the current GUI not scaling properly.

When the new UI is added it should support scaling and hopefully remain readable and playable at all settings.

Personally I play at 1600x900 windowed on a 1680x1050 monitor and have no problems.

The resolutions available to you are grabbed from your video card drivers so if your card supports it then it should be there to select.

Personally I play at 1600x900 windowed on a 1680x1050 monitor and have no problems.

The resolutions available to you are grabbed from your video card drivers so if your card supports it then it should be there to select.

Hmmmy... Why you not play 1680x1050 to fully utilize monitor?

The game engine doesn't work in windowed mode unless the window is smaller than the desktop in both directions.

It will jump to full screen if you set the windowed resolution any higher than 1600x900 on a 1680x1050 desktop.

Not good. I hope that that in the final version I will be able to full utilize rezolution and see this beautyfull graphics on this huge new monitor :)

So that video memory, what about integrated GFX? I have a crappy C2D+2GBRAM notebook I'm considering installing it on, but at 4.4GB it's a bit of a download if it's not going to work.

It works on my laptop with integrated GFX shared memory and 4GB total system(minus the amount the GFX use).

Not good. I hope that that in the final version I will be able to full utilize rezolution and see this beautyfull graphics on this huge new monitor :)

It is unlikely to change.

The game engine doesn't like it and the engine cannot be altered.

If you want to use the full monitor then fullscreen is the only option.

To be fair there is a small area around the window, maybe 5mm per side, on this monitor.

I don't even notice it once I am playing.

Some people reported problems in earlier versions using some of the geforce mobile (M) graphics cards.

Haven't heard any for a while though so that issue may have gone away as the game progressed or new drivers were released.

It is unlikely to change.

The game engine doesn't like it and the engine cannot be altered.

If you want to use the full monitor then fullscreen is the only option.

To be fair there is a small area around the window, maybe 5mm per side, on this monitor.

I don't even notice it once I am playing.

Some people reported problems in earlier versions using some of the geforce mobile (M) graphics cards.

Haven't heard any for a while though so that issue may have gone away as the game progressed or new drivers were released.

I think that I don't understand. If I will buy 1920x1200 24" I would like to play game on full screen. Not, only on some part. I don't care about window/not window mode until it will not afect the beauty graphics. I would be sad to play 1600 on 1900 monitor (but if this will be the only option I will).

If you play fullscreen then the game will run at whatever resolution you set it to.

It is only if you use windowed mode that it has the small issue I mentioned earlier.

Thank You for additional answer. I'm happy now. I will play it on full screen !!! Jupi :)

I'm waiting on this game about 10 months and only on this game :).