Starting mission of atacking an alien outpost causes crash in 0.3hf1

Saved game:

First Encounter.sav

Steps to reproduce:

- wait for dropship to reach alien outpost

- click engage

Steam version. No additional mods, only CE

Edited by supoved

Smth very similar (dont have much time for invastigation), but I dont have any additional mods installed.

Pure CE:0.3hf1

Confirming this bug. Latest version of CE (0.3 hf1). Charlie tries to land at alien base, game immediately crashes. Is anybody looking into this?

It's possible this is related to Solver's fix for the Quantum Cryptography information. When he first implemented it alien bases caused some issues but he'd subsequently implemented a fix for it. Maybe missed something though.

Just tried the new 1.5, loaded my save, and could assault the alien base with no problem. Went back to CE, game crashes.

OP started this thread a week ago. No replies, no responses from the CE team

Not a dev, but I downloaded the save and tried it, no crash. Not using Steam version. CE 0.30HF + Settings, nothing else. Perhaps is a side effect of "balance", or Steam?

Is it just the one mission, or is it any outpost attack? Because I can do them fine.

Any. I kept playing just for the hell of it, and now there's three aliens bases. I can attack any of them with either of my two strike teams, and the game crashes

Well, the save at top did not crash for me on arrival, but I have only installed XE0.30HF+Settings, nothing else, and do not use Steam at all. So either it is an interaction with the unused "balance" module, or it is an interaction with some component of Steam.

Helped me as well. Same issue. What is this file? Can I keep using it or should I continue with the old exe after the assault?

I'm guessing, but I'm assuming that the file is simply a copy of the XCE xenonauts .exe file but with the bug fixed so you're probably fine to keep using that as a replacement for XCE 0.3hf1.