AI Mods?

andreasg

I was wondering if anyone had made a standalone AI mod?

What I'm looking for is something that will keep the game quite vanilla, but perhaps mix up the AI's actions a bit.

I'm a bit bored by the fact that every mission more or less plays out the same: shoot some stragglers outside the UFO, kill the dudes camping inside. As I remember from the old XCOM, the AI was much more terrorizing.

Such a mod would not only need to change the behaviors but perhaps also randomize the roles/positions of the UFOs, if possible.

I did try messing about with the AI file myself but I was not really sure what I was doing.

Does such a mod exist already? Or perhaps some of the re-balance mods edited the AI as well?

You could try Dynamic UFOs. It doesn't change the actual AI parameters for aliens, and comes with several other changes you may or may not like, but one thing it does is expand the types of missions that are available for any given UFO and has a unique list of aliens/AI types for each mission (e.g. sometimes there might be more aggressive aliens, sometimes more passive aliens, etc.). As such, the ground missions - in principle anyway - are a bit more varied than vanilla. (You also get to see Harridans and Wraiths a bit more often).

Might well not be what you're looking for, but thought I'd point you at it anyway.

XNT: Into Darkness revamps the game AI, especially 'cause it started as an AI overhaul. Right now it kinda is a "overall overhaul" (sounds funny!), many things are changed, but everything is well balanced if you ask me. Their team really do a got job. But it kinda dont play like vanilla anymore, it's more complex and harder... it's way better to me, but more casual players may not like it.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of some of the major flavor changes in some of the total conversion mods. Not that I don't like complexity, but it often brings new annoyances. Basically I would just be happy if I could get a vanilla-like version of the game with annoyances such as the repetitive AI smoothed out.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of some of the major flavor changes in some of the total conversion mods. Not that I don't like complexity, but it often brings new annoyances. Basically I would just be happy if I could get a vanilla-like version of the game with annoyances such as the repetitive AI smoothed out.

Well... I recently made some custom AI Modifications to my own game... I'm not sure that you'd completely enjoy it but... Here it is: [ATTACH]5474[/ATTACH]

Just Download the Attachment, and install it Manually. Agree to all overwrites.

(NOTE: The mod will make the AI harder to beat by approximately 15-30% depending on what race you encounter and what point you are at in the game. I would also advise being extremely careful during any mission involving Sebillians--especially when inside their UFOs.)

Standalone AI Mod.zip

Standalone AI Mod.zip

Edited by Man of Doge

While I was awaiting your response I noticed some issues/failures of my AI. I just recently fixed them.

Please download the latest version: [ATTACH]5487[/ATTACH]

Oh, and Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Quick Summerization:

I gave Androns and Wraiths High Reaction capabilities but decreased accuracy.

I gave all other races (excluding Civilians and Reapers) lessened reaction capabilities.

I made Alpha Reapers stick closer to Goal Tiles, and Normal Reapers less likely to run into the open.

I made aliens more likely to take shots and use grenades.

I made Caesans slightly more likely to use cover, gave them a sight range of "20", and increased their bravery so they're less likely to flee or panic in the few situations where all of their friends and family die.

I made Sebillians attempt to stay more indoors.

I fixed the Civilian Stats and AI so they're more realistic.

I lowered the Harridan's Reflexes to about 40, significantly increased their bravery, and made them stop running into fires.

I lowered the CautiousDistance to "20"

I increased the SideEffect Variable to "0.5"

I switched the damagePreference value with the killPreference's value.

I made Aliens with the Guard AI more likely to investigate corpses.

I made Aliens with the Defensive AI more likely to pop out and use the higher floors of a UFO.

I increased the engagement range slightly for Caesans and lowered it slightly for Sebillians.

I also removed the Aliens attacking random things during Base Attacks.

Standalone AI Mod.zip

Standalone AI Mod.zip

Bravery is useless stat in the game.

Reduce andron accuracy seems to be... logic?

Changing the AI is not only about this features, is about the system.

Reducing or increasing a pair or single AI parameters dont affect too much behavior. The key factor is the understanding of other values with minimun accuracy and ambiental factors.

Bravery is useless stat in the game.

Reduce andron accuracy seems to be... logic?

Changing the AI is not only about this features, is about the system.

Reducing or increasing a pair or single AI parameters dont affect too much behavior. The key factor is the understanding of other values with minimum accuracy and ambiental factors.

Why is it useless?

You seem troubled by that. Why?

The way you phrased that was a bit of a roundabout-ish but I still got the general idea of what you meant.

True. Which is exactly why I read up on what each variable did before editing them.

While I was awaiting your response I noticed some issues/failures of my AI. I just recently fixed them.

Please download the latest version: [ATTACH]5487[/ATTACH]

Oh, and Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Quick Summerization:

I gave Androns and Wraiths High Reaction capabilities but decreased accuracy.

I gave all other races (excluding Civilians and Reapers) lessened reaction capabilities.

I made Alpha Reapers stick closer to Goal Tiles, and Normal Reapers less likely to run into the open.

I made aliens more likely to take shots and use grenades.

I made Caesans slightly more likely to use cover, gave them a sight range of "20", and increased their bravery so they're less likely to flee or panic in the few situations where all of their friends and family die.

I made Sebillians attempt to stay more indoors.

I fixed the Civilian Stats and AI so they're more realistic.

I lowered the Harridan's Reflexes to about 40, significantly increased their bravery, and made them stop running into fires.

I lowered the CautiousDistance to "20"

I increased the SideEffect Variable to "0.5"

I switched the damagePreference value with the killPreference's value.

I made Aliens with the Guard AI more likely to investigate corpses.

I made Aliens with the Defensive AI more likely to pop out and use the higher floors of a UFO.

I increased the engagement range slightly for Caesans and lowered it slightly for Sebillians.

I also removed the Aliens attacking random things during Base Attacks.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try it out. Have you tried setting the minimum accuracy? I've heard that this setting could work make the aliens shoot back a bit more.