So, this CE...

Gam

Depends on what bugs you're referring to. In terms of CTDs, maybe wait until 0.28 as that has a fix for the building-collapse bug which (in my opinion anyway) is more or less the last remaining 'major' CTD bug in the game. Otherwise, it depends on what you're hoping to have fixed.

From my biased point of view, X:CE is clearly better. You can peek around corners and not get shot through the walls, panic events actually work, air combat can be sped up to be less annoying, and so on. That's not to mention the great mods out there that make use of X:CE.

0.27 has some major LoS fixes and it's significantly better than vanilla, especially between levels. There's a couple of minor issues in 0.27, but there's already a fix for the key one in 0.28 and the others should be of negligible impact I think.

I don't know about being shot through walls and roofs. If I'm honest, I've not personally seen that happen since the betas about a year ago. But I suspect the new LoS system will help with that too, since it was presumably at least in part because the game was tracing LoS where it shouldn't have been.

EDIT: I think the best advice I can give is to try it. Even if you do a few non-ironman missions first to see how it is. It certainly isn't worse than vanilla, if that's what you're concerned with, so I'd suggest using is regardless.