User interface showing cover

It was perfectly clear, as mud. ;o)

If I move the cursor by cover, as I am about to move the xenonaut, I can see a graphical representation around the tile's icon, with the TUS where the cover is. It's a bit like the cover system on the new xcom where you can see shields representing cover.

My mate has just picked up the Mac version which is patched to 1.08 and unmodded and it doesn't have it...

Edited by andysonofbob

Presumably the feature was not properly polished to be included in the hotfix and was meant to be part of v0.27.

Well

I love it!

@llunak

This is such an exciting feature.

Is it unfinished then?

That might explain why cars didn't flag as cover. I thought cars weren't included because they was so obviously cover...

The cover indicators were dropped from an early beta version of the vanilla game so I am interested in seeing if they make a comeback in the community edition.

How come they were dropped?

Let me guess: they weren't 100% accurate for 100% of the time?

If that's the case, why not add the prefix 'potential' or 'possible' to 'cover' or suffix 'indicator' when describing the feature? That would then make them more realistic.

I would love to see them kept in, or at least a toggle in the options.

They just look cool for one thing... :)

I just doing some work on my "old-xcom cursor style" mod and i put this cover system indicator on it. When you move cursor on cover you get display cover icon and direction( like in new xcom). but only problem here is that when you move cursor to the wall this don't work. it work only on cars, benches, little objects in the game. Tonight i will put it online to test with some pictures of it....

p.s. sorry on my bad english