did mind controlled units firing during same turn get fixed after 1.07?

Because it is straight-up BS. Even units whose AP are all used up suddenly are replenished and going on a rampage. There's no defense against it.

At the least they shouldn't get magic AP and not be able to act aggressively (even if they do move).

So, mind-controlled units only use weapons, which they hold in their hands? Kind of silly but guess that's ok.

Take a note: if your soldier fall under mind control for few turns, aliens might move him into their territory and crossfire afterwards.

One of my first MC'ed soldiers had shield and pistol. Not only he did shoot on the same turn, despite not having TU even for a snap shot, but he actually moved INTO the UFO I was breaching only to be grenaded by alien during the SAME TURN ( while technically being "friendly" to aliens.). Now THAT'S strange.

Unless the aliens holding the door had been specifically told by the mind controller that the soldier was friendly would they know?

Makes sense to me that they would just shoot anything that came in through the door that was not definitely friendly.

It DOES make sense. Not just because "aliens didn't know he's friendly", I imagined that alien was told to do so by the officer ( they're all brainless grunts, remember? ) to terminate that xenonaut after "using" him, which is quite a smart thing to do.

Btw, it wasn't ragepost, I am once more amazed by quality AI this game shows. Not that it makes MC less frustrating, lol.

It DOES make sense. Not just because "aliens didn't know he's friendly", I imagined that alien was told to do so by the officer ( they're all brainless grunts, remember? ) to terminate that xenonaut after "using" him, which is quite a smart thing to do.

Btw, it wasn't ragepost, I am once more amazed by quality AI this game shows. Not that it makes MC less frustrating, lol.

Lol MC is annoying no matter what.

At last we find something in common between the aliens and the humans though, we both see Xenonauts soldiers as disposable assets...

That would depend how many turns it lasted I guess.

Lets assume it is alien turn 1 and your soldier just got MC.

He can only use the TU you had reserved at the end of player turn 1 so could move a few tiles to change cover, to be better protected from your troops, or maybe take a single shot in most cases.

When player turn 2 starts he will get all of his TU restored but will still be classed as an alien which means he has a nice big store of TU to use for reaction fire. It also gives your team a whole turn to decide what to do about him before he goes on the offensive if he has any TU left in alien turn 2.

Do you drop smoke to make him less of a threat, stun him, kill him, run away from him, or just take cover and try to ride it out? You have options at least.

Since it's vaguely relevant: my mod Hold the Line is intended in part as a 'fix' for psionics by trying to make it less random. I've not had much chance to test it so I don't know how much difference it makes, but it might be worth checking out? (Feedback is very welcome.) You can install/uninstall it mid-game as well, although you need to be using X:CE.