[v1.07 HF] LOS for upper levels

I've noticed that when I was chasing Harridans over the roofs of the buildings, and now it has appeared in his complete magnitude.

Basically there is a mismatch between the LOS of a unit on a roof an units on the ground. The units on the ground can usually see the one above, even when you would expect them to be hidden. They also can shoot them from below going through walls and the roof. At the same time the units above can see the other units even when they should be hidden but cannot fire at them (0% hit chance).

See attached save.

My two flying units can see most of the aliens but cannot shoot them, while in the following turn they get slaughtered by their fire coming from the same identical spot (the aliens don't move to shoot them, they just turn and fire).

roof.jpg

Unfortunately I have to say this makes the game unplayable.

Gam

A.sav

A.sav

roof.jpg

A.sav

roof.thumb.jpg.0fa9262022062486121b6f65e

It is indeed unfortunate and would be nice to have a fix for it, but come on, making the game unplayable? You can fare quite well without using the roofs for sniping.

Maybe, but in that case what's the point in researching and manufacturing flying armors?

Scouting - that's much more valuable than sniping from the roofs. Controlling LoS is paramount to success.

Plus Sentinel is pretty much awesome without flying at all - 360 degrees vision, great stats.

You mean you've been playing 20 years with the same style? Dude, you're more conservative than Scolari!

In both your examples your soldiers are in the open. They should be behind the ductwork and air conditioning units. You need to take cover on rooftops just like you would on the ground. I use 3-4 Sentinel snipers on industrial missions (with assault rifles in their backpacks) and rule the battlefield