Quick modding question regarding Mind Control

Bobdoom

I have looked very quickly at the modding threads, but maybe an experienced modder can save me a bunch of time by knowing the answer right away or guiding me in the right direction.

I feel the current state of mind control is annoying, (I learned earlier the best way to prevent a Mind Controlled soldier from killing other soldiers is to unequip every soldier's weapon at every end of turn... this is way too annoying)

I want to make it so a Mind Controlled Soldier does not get a full bar of TU on the turn they are mind controlled, giving you 1 turn of respite before you get shot point blank by your own guy.

Is this easily feasible? Where should I look to achieve this?

Thank you very much!

You can just remove Mind Control and give them different powers instead, though.

That's not a bad idea. In the AI props, I see there are 4 types of psi attacks :

Fear

Paralyze

Bezerk (without the r :) )

MindControl

Are there any other types of psy attacks available? Also I read another in another thread you considered using a cooldown for psi attacks and a resistance modifier for distance, is that something I can tinker with in the xml files? Also, I don't think I've ever encountered an alpha reaper (or I didn't notice), but what exactly does paralyze do?

Thanks!

I think those powers are the only ones that work.

The range of the power can be specified in the relevant game file, although you can't adjust the penalty applied when used beyond the effective range of the ability.

Paralyze steals all the target's TUs for the turn, so it's a slightly more effective version of Fear (kind of).