stats increase & operations in the field

The stats increase seem very loosely related to the performance of a given soldier on the field, am I right? I can't say there is a big difference between someone not killing an alien and another soldier killing 5 in the same mission. There might be a slight bonus, but this is not super obvious...

So, ideas?

The stats increase seem very loosely related to the performance of a given soldier on the field, am I right? I can't say there is a big difference between someone not killing an alien and another soldier killing 5 in the same mission. There might be a slight bonus, but this is not super obvious...

So, ideas?

Stats increase is related to actions performed, not the success of those actions. So, for example, a soldier who spends much of the combat shooting will likely get an accuracy bump, even if they missed most of the shots.

You get APs for moving, ACC for shooting, REA for reaction firing, STR for carrying enough(supposedly i didnt test this), BRA when your soldiers panic or get supressed. Ive no Idea what you get HP for, I guess for being wounded and not killed? This doesnt happen much. xD

Edit: My troops´ HP goes up much like STR, if you move and live, you get it, the carrying enough works.

You only get +2 per mission, with the exception of pvt --> corporal where you get 3 of each?

Theres also medals for killing stuff, killing enough stuff per mission and being in the right mission the first time and helping.

These grant more BRA, which is useless until psionics get overhauled. xD

Theres a max 100 for the stats I reckon. Which doesnt matter if shoting cost is a percentage instead of a fixed amount. I dont think this is good, but unless this changes, I see no reason the soldier training should be changed either. Now rank system... thats another matter.

Edited by ViniJones

HP and rank are gained from increasing other stats enough times.

Increasing TUs is still greatly valuable because things like movement and reloading have fixed costs, which allows you to perform more actions per turn.

Yeah :D its certainly good to increase your aps, but its hardly as good as it used to be. Thanks for clarifying the HP gain.

Does accuracy go up for shooting /at/ an enemy alien or for just shooting? I.E. if I get my guys in a line and just shoot at a wall or the ground, the acc stat will go up?

You need to shoot at an alien, and I believe you need to have a (non-zero) chance of hitting them. It doesn't matter whether you hit them or not; even if your hit chance is only 5% and you miss, it still counts towards giving you +1 ACC at the end of the mission.