My game must be bugged (constant morale breaking)

I am in the fairly early game and am on my first terror mission. I have quite a few troops with 70 morale. Once a single bullet flies my way, it's morale broken, panicking and fleeing. Nobody is hurt. Their morale actually is full when you look at it. And there they go, panicking and fleeing, half of my team.

I tell myself, this must be a bug. My troops won't break down and run in a corner like scared schoolgirls with just a mild firefight.

So... is this a feature or a bug??

Never had that happen to me. Although there are some things you should be aware of:

1) If a solider suffers a morale "event" their morale bar refills back up to their bravery score plus any bonus they get being close to the highest ranking solider in the team, so you won't see how low their bar was when they suffer the event.

2) The morale bar is only refreshed at the start of the turn, so if a solider moves out of the range of said officer, this will not be reflected in the morale bar until next turn, but it will be calculated accordingly.

3) Soliders will take a morale "hit" from any weapon that causes suppression, but this hit is very mild.

Otherwise they'd just panic pretty much every turn once they hit low morale? This means a unit generally won't panic on consecutive turns.

The confusion comes in that really it should be applied at the end of the turn rather than *immediately* afterwards.