Results of the autopsy bofor return to base.

I am finished my mission in which I killed unknown ETs.

Now, before I return home to base with my crew, I already get the results of the autopsy for these unknown ETs.

Shouldn't I return home first, passed the bodies of These ETs to the laboratory, and then wait for the autopsy results?

Edited by Templer

Researches that just give lore details happen automatically instead of making you spend research time on them. Since the Chinook is so very slow, it's pretty common that the time passes enough for them to trigger before making it back to base.

In the post mission briefing screen, it says "sent to research division" or something along those lines. That suggests that a lot of government "clean up crew" shows up post mission to bag and tag, collect artifacts, and distribute the items found.

I personally explain the super fast autopsy by assuming that the clean up crew is really efficient at handing the newly discovered alien corpses to the medical research staff, and that they then proceed to pull an all nighter on their new prize.

Originally it was set to have the research not begin until the dropship returned home but this caused a bunch of bugs and was generally not worth the trouble it was causing If I remember correctly. Setting it to 24 hours might solve the problem I suppose, shouldn't be all that irritating of a delay.

The two pilots also serve as researchers, while one pilots the chinook the other one performs the autopsy in front of all the Xenonauts agents.

You hit the Point!

It looks as if we have to accept that. Still, it "feels" not right. :(