Geoscape - Add Seasonal Changes Of Light.

Bretspot

Hi, First time poster here. Game is great so far and cant wait to watch it evolve and then its eventual release. Great job!

I only got through one or two summer months in the Alpha so far, so this could already be implemented

marble_nightlights[1].jpg

, but here is an idea:

As you can see from this image:

As the seasons change, the light hitting the earth is not straight up and down but a a curve. I think it would be very interesting to watch the seasons change in the geoscape view. It would also affect how many night missions you would theoretically go on based on the latitude that your base is at in relation to the season.

marble_nightlights[1].jpg

577e7c8696ae7_marble_nightlights1.jpg.65

It can always be early summer in europe. Now it is equinox. I thought constant summer would at least show axial tilt. Straight line is too amateurish. It is possible to give a formula but map would be changed and i guess it's projection. So lets leave this discussion for a while

Ah how about this... instead of having the seasons actually changed, in the interm it might be easy just to make the light over the earth a wave instead of a straight line, then it would look more realistic, even if it wasnt accurate. Anyway, still great so far, can't wait for the AI to come back so I can try playing for real.