Alenium

KOKON

The most sophisticatad way i imagine this:

All elements sync change in the course of time among Kronaker isiotope group.

microsec 1 - all elements in the universe - isotope 303

microsec 2 - isotope 301

microsec 3 - isotope 308

microsec 4 - isotope 297

I don't understand this part of your post. Especially the bolded part.

Now you're calling it the Kronaker Isotppe group? are theese spanning different elements or is it the same chemical element?

Scintists can not understand the nature of this effect and how so heavy element can survive more then nanosecond but they found out logics of it's multistep cycle. Some isotopes woul produce cold fusion with hydrogen the rest would produce hot fusion. When the fusion is complete it turns into isotope with a greater number and can be used again. The general mass reduces insagnificantly.

I'm sorry but when the number of protons in the nucleous change (ie when your element fuses with hydrogen or helium) it becomes another element, not another isotope. Your nomenclature is off you need to rename it to chemical element rather then isotope if that is the way you want it to work.

If the number of protons doesnt change it's not fusion, then your element is just a catalyst. (Assuming nothing happens to its electrons or neutrons. I'm assuming nothing is happening to the neutrons unless you split or merge atoms, and since that isnt happening im excluding that option)

In bavarian, Gaudium means fun or time of merriment.
Obviously the best name in that case =) Edited by Gorlom

I don't understand this part of your post. Especially the bolded part

All the atom states of kronaker isotope are in sync with each other in entire universe and this state changes in a course of time making a loop with certain logics. Now you have 1 gram 1 sec later you have 0.89 gram 1 sec later you have 1.02 gram.

It does not become another element upon fusion it becomes another isotope. But it would become this isotope anyways.

Edited by KOKON

AH "Screw physics, this is the way *I* want things to work" approach eh? To me it just seems like you have no idea or won't acknowledge what an isotope really is.

I should have walked away from this discussion much earlier and I'm kicking myself for not doing it. Atleast now its over.

Edited by Gorlom

Que the mandatory "In Russia basic atomic reactions learns you!" joke...

I'm sorry that's probably highly inappropriate. Hopefully you can understand I dont mean it as a slight but merely want the discussion to end on a lighter note ^^

Edited by Gorlom

Ok you can have it carefully extracted. However i like an idea of varaying mass for "Alenium" and i like this element to be in several isotope states in the same time. I've never read such a thing in sci-fi.

Antimatter is so much hackneyed.

What is alenium? Is that an alien word for benzin?

Edited by KOKON

really?

Never heard of deuterium or tritium?

But otherwise... yeah his stuff is a bit confusing.

I admit provent wrong. I don't admit that I have heard deuterium and tritium and connected that to isotopes at the time of writing though =P (I am infact unsure wether I had or not at that point. I might have...)

Edited by Gorlom

Well I wasn't trying to be flippant, apologies if the first post seemed that way. Just pointing out that there are infact specific names for at least the isotopes of Hydrogen. As to the other elements, I'm not aware of any specific names for other isotopes, so C13 or K31 or whatever is what is normally seen.

KOKON, hey, it's a term/theory for a sci-fi game, it doesn't need to be perfectly logical, but none the less, certain words have certain precise meanings, and as Gorlom points out, you cannot call something with a different atomic number an isotope of another element. That's just how the word is defined.

I'd further point out that the neuclide series (actually you made it a cycle, which doesn't make sense) you provided for your scheme doesn't make any sense in the real world either, but since it's not intended for the real world it doesn't matter that much. None the less, it's almost as easy to get that kind of thing 'right' (in as much as an element with mass 300 can be right) as it is to just throw something out there.

But it really doesn't matter that much, I'm not sure how many people would care that much to learn about the nuclear properties of a made up alien element. Though that's kinda weird too, 'Alien Element'. Theory would dictate that elements are universal, so claiming that one is 'alien' is a bit of a stretch. Or just that the technology required to produce/refine/whatever this element is only available to the alien race. That would be better I guess.

If we're trying to play the 'make the sci-fi science as real as real science as we can' game.

They deficate into reactor ^^

Give your theory.

My theory on what? I don't need to give you *my* theory on nuclear chemistry because the accepted science covers it all very nicely.

If you want my theory on how krackassium works you won't have any success because I simply do not care to make up some theory about it.

My point was just that if you care enough to make up some theory on it then you could accept some criticism about the misuse of certain terms which you apply incorrectly to your description. I'm actually trying to help you, but if you just want to have internetz funz then I can do that easily as well.

at least its not "unobtainium"

Would that mean that if Chris is really under pressure to make this game that it would become better? (loved that film! :) I know a guy who actually used the phrase unobtainium to newbies at his old workplace... "Hey, new guy! Go to the warehouse and grab ten cases of unobtanium!" lol)