How to update the standalone version?

I've been asking this consistently too and I haven't gotten an answer. I know in the past Chris has referred to working with Desura to be a pain in the ass so my guess has been that until 1.05 at least they won't update them for the relatively small group of us who aren't using steam.

Irishguy, you must have been around for the Desura period. Remember having to d/l the whole damn game every time a new update was pushed out? Remember when Desura would fall over and an hour's waiting would go down the pan? I certainly do. That's probably why only Steam gets the regular updates because updating through Steam is relatively fast and definately painless.

I don't mind downloading the whole game again but v1.0 is the only option i can download. I don't use steam at all. I'm guessing they don't have a private server that distributes the updates for standalone considering the updates on steam are on the steam servers. I hope this would be fixed on the launch date.

Does that include the Linux/Mac ports?

As a side note, I'm using Humble Store, because right now there's *nothing* available on Steam for Linux - just a steamapp description that says there's a Linux version, and a 0-byte download.