Can vehicles die?

Hey there,

I am wondering right now if vehicles can actually die.

First I thought they get lost when I lose them in a mission. Now this playthrough I built a new one when I lost it. Ended up with two of them. After that it died several times and I always got it back.

Until now. About 11 ingame weeks ago I it blew up again. And since then the garage only shows 2 Slots. One occupied with my second vehicle, and one empty one.

Does it mean it is still being rebuilt? Is the Time of rebuilding dependend on the overdamage it took? Or is it a bug?

Yeah I had that happen once too, A scimitar got blown up on a terror mission that I had to bail on, and when I did it told me the scimitar still had 79/100 health. When I got back to base, Scimitar was good as new.

As a side note Its kinda irritating and inconsistent that ground vehicles perma-die but Interceptors just get a lengthy repair.

But I guess the garage slot should not die together with it. ^^

So for now my vehicle died like 4 times or so where I just got it back.

And one time where it was lost together with the garage slot...

The game only shows garage slots that are filled, plus one extra if you have spare capacity. So if you lost a vehicle, it would look like you lost a slot, but you should still be able to fill it again I think.

I just checked all my fights (recorded them) and in total I did 18 missions with a vehicle. in 7 of them the vehicle died. Any only one time it was removed. So I actually find it hard to believe that it's intended that it's removed. Or let's just say that it's not working at all.

Yep. I will link all the deaths. If the video runs right, it should start right at the correct position. Also worth mentioning is that the vehicle counts as dead in the overview at the end. Actually I prefered them not to die. Otherwise the 60k+Building Time are a very high investment.

1st Death, V1.00 (with hitbox bug) - Survived:

2nd Death, V1.01 - Survived:

3rd Death, V1.01 - Survived:

4th Death, V1.01 - Survived:

5th Death, V1.01 - Survived:

6th Death, V1.01- Unit Lost:

7th Death, V1.01 - Survived:

Did not lose the Vehicle in V1.03 yet.

That's what I thought first, but in this video it was completely destroyed and revived after the mission:

Welp, I'm out of ideas. Also the NEIN when that guy dropped his stun grenade was great. God knows how many times I've yelled the same thing. Its a shame you don't have more views, looks like you really know what you're doing.