[V1.0- Ground Combat] Equipment loss on flying soldier

During a night mission I had a sniper with a laser sniper rifle and buzzard armor get killed in midair by normal plasma fire, but it played the animation for being killed by a reaper. I went to check and there was no body or equipment to be found, and when I got back to base I had lost both the armor and the rifle.

EDIT: I made a typo. The Rifle was gone, but I retained the armor. Only the rifle went missing.

Edited by Irishguy117

I've noticed some weirdness with equipment losses too. I just assumed my guy got gibbed, but maybe there is a bug somewhere. Honestly, I haven't been tracking my stuff closely enough to say, "Hey I'm one laser short of what I should have!", but in the back of mind I do remember thinking something seems to be missing.

Ok this applies to V21 (my current game state), but it should apply to newer versions too as I haven't read of any changes in the change logs then:

• If a soldier is killed by a blast/explosion/grenade/whatever that leaves only goo, the armor and mostly all equipment is destroyed.
  • When this blast/explosion/grenade/whatever-event happens with a flying soldier there isn't even goo.
  • When there is no corpse visible in the ground combat scene, there is also no corpse in the ground tiles of the equipment view of a soldier when he steps on this tile.
  • When there is a corpse, equipment and armor comes back to be equipped again.

Yeah. Flying units get gibbed if killed when flying and lose their items. This is basically to stop items floating around in mid-air.

So this is intended? Not that I'm complaining, just wish to know if anything is going to be done about it. I don't really see how without coding to make things "fall".

Edited by legit1337