Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Hub - Xenonauts Wish List

Unofficial Hub - Xenonauts Wish List

WISH LIST Last Update 1/10/2013 8:12 pm EST
    BUG LIST Last Update 1/5/2013 9:30 pm EST

NEW ITEMS!!!
    T23-red death marker to ID soldiers bleeding to death (troop number has red outline)
    M09-mouse scroll toggle disable/enable option
    C11-Alien Sympathizers, will help aliens in areas the aliens have influence over

Rejected items will be moved to the
    RWL (rejected wish list)

Bottom line is I will need your help to keep this up to date for the dev teams and our ease of use

Thank you again folks

To the Dev team, Bugs I find while beta testing are at the very bottom with notes on the bug and possible fix (if I can figure one out)

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................
    .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
    WISH LIST (not in game but lets talk about it and how it would work and help the dev team out)

Geoscape
    last item number G02

Base
    last item number B03

Air Combat
    last item number AC07
    Idea The Basic Info for the Idea Status Links
    AC03-National Support Other nations try and shoot down UFO's in their air space but never go past starting jets tech wise Under Consideration Links?

Soldiers
    last item number TR08
    TR06-Load out Copy/paste Ability to save a soldier load out, name it, and apply it to other soldiers equipment profile In-Game Links

Aliens
    last item number A09

Civilians
    last item number c11
    C01-Pistol Civilian Civilians have a chance to have a pistol and 1 clip In Game Links?
    C02-Riffle Man Civilians have a chance to have shotgun/riffle and 1 mag (all tilesets have a chance of spawning armed local units) In Game Links?
    C11-Alien Sympathizers Civilians in areas under alien influence should shoot at Xenonauts, and in areas that are pro Xenonauts you have a 1% chance that an armed civilian will try and help the aliens Unknown Links?

Weapons
    last item number W09
    W01-Proximity/land Mine Can be thrown, blows up when something walks on or near it Possible Links?
    W05-Saw type weapons can area suppress Weapons with very high rates of fire and average or better accuracy can suppress an area (already in code) In Game Links?
    W06-Regular fire supression Large amounts or regular fire can suppress a targer In Game Links?
    W07-Flamethrowers Weapon system that burns any target in 10 square long line thats 3 squares wide at end

Armor
    last item number A05

Tactical
    last item number T23
    T02-Psi Defence Psi defense teck for humans Not Telling Links?
    T03-Sensors Motion sensors hand held/grenade forms Considering Links?
    T04-Teir 2 Medkits Upgrades to medikits (smaller,Lighter, Heal more) learned from alien medical tech Not Telling Links?
    T05-Easy reserve/active Be able to use reserve AP to shoot without having to disable reserve AP Under Consideration Links?
    T07-Fog Of War Only see shots fired at you that is in some soldiers LOS Planned Links?
    T09-Human Exit Humans can get in craft and leave In Game Links?
    T20-Load Plan Control of troop order/load out on troop transport In Game Links?
    T23-Red Death Marker Soldiers who are bleeding to death have their number box inside a Red highlighted border for ease of identification Unknown Links?

Environmental
    last item number E13
    E06-ponds in maps In Game Links?
    E07-Snow maps In Game Links?
    E10-Desert maps In Game Links?
    E12-Arctic maps In Game Links?

Misc
    last item number M09
    M09-mouse scroll toggle disable/enable option Option to toggle mouse scroll option on off or set a key like tab to cycle through soldiers unknown Links?
    Last edited by Chollirem; 01-11-2013 at 00:14.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Hey, a quick scan (so as not to spoil anything for myself) would indicate that at least a few of these are in game already or coming - see reply to your previous thread here.

A quick use of the search facility will pretty quickly come up with direct links to a number of the others that were also replied to in that response.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Last edited by Max_Caine; 12-30-2012 at 19:06.

Thothkins That thread needs to be deleted, when i track down a ADMIN Ill have em kill it, this new one has all that organized into the place it goes

be it "IN GAME" or "WISH LIST" with updates and more info compiled from your forums while dropping the "im an artist and can help ya" bit. I needed to make initial contact and used that thread for that, now it needs to go away and I need to wrap my head around your game and what the people want in it...thus this final thread I've made but thanks for the help, you guys are very polite and professional over here, the steam forums are...::shudders::

Max_caine Thanks for the links, hope this speed up my efforts to wrap my head around everything that is done, is being deved, and get this down to just the actual wish list

Still have several general threads of 30+ pages each to go through, but gimi a week
    Last edited by Chollirem; 12-31-2012 at 04:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Chollirem View Post
    Thothkins That thread needs to be deleted, when i track down a ADMIN Ill have em kill it, this new one has all that organized into the place it goes

be it "IN GAME" or "WISH LIST" with updates and more info compiled from your forums while dropping the "im an artist and can help ya" bit. I needed to make initial contact and used that thread for that, now it needs to go away and I need to wrap my head around your game and what the people want in it...thus this final thread I've made but thanks for the help, you guys are very polite and professional over here, the steam forums are...::shudders::

Max_caine Thanks for the links, hope this speed up my efforts to wrap my head around everything that is done, is being deved, and get this down to just the actual wish list

Still have several general threads of 30+ pages each to go through, but gimi a week
    What's wrong with the steam forums?

The steam forums?
    It's full of rude, crude, 12 year old's who just want to cry and troll...that and the foraxis damage control teams screaming and insulting People cuz their game is...well...
    How to be polite...
    "Its not at the level a AAA release should be from a big publisher after a 4 year or more dev time with an open source engine"
    ...ya that's polite : )

Id say more but... man.... you don't want to get me started on that...lets keep our forums polite and professional

Quote Originally Posted by Tacobandit View Post
    What's wrong with the steam forums?
    I'm guessing it's standard problems of any forum that has that many and diverse users. Mob mentality and due to the high number of users everyone feels more anonymous there than they would do in a small comunity like the Xenonauts forum.

Also the format seems to encourage shorter more limited posts. you can post long stuff but it doesnt happen that much procentually compared to other speciallized forums.

(check out the comment section on "pokie pirates" in the greenlight section to see a really horrible example of steam users being stupid and or jumping the bandwagon. Everyone simply assumes that the developers doesn't have the rights to use the characters but noone has any evidence of that and the developers is acctually advertising that the game is based on and centered around that brand/IP whatever)

I find that a lot of commenters that say stuff on steam greenlight either have horrible reading comprehension or just doesn't read at all.

Awards:
    Posting Award

thoughts on hub list

Looking at the above list, it’s a bit sprawling. It takes a bit of work to get a feel for what’s actually going on. Just a thought would be to format it in such a way…

Base
    Item Status/ Link Date Comments
    Rotate Base Facilities Confirmed for later build 31/12/12 Possibly already in builds through a shortcut key
    Alien containment Confirmed for later build 31/12/2012
    Customizable initial base layout Discussed - Possible 31/12/12 Less of a requirement as Aliens will not only come through hangers/ elevators.

Where:-
    Item – Concise issue description. For example “Ability to rotate rectangle of say hangers from up-down to left right” becomes simply “Rotate Base Facilities”

Status/Link– Where the item is in the development process. Categories should be consistent and limited. Suggestions include:-
    Confirmed in Game
    Confirmed for Later Build
    Confirmed to be Moddable
    Confirmed to be Moddable in Later Build
    Discussed – Unlikely
    Discussed - Possible
    Discussed – Unconfirmed
    Discussed – Confirmed Not in Plans

This field also contains an underlined link to the a relevant post in the forum for further discussion/ background information.

Date – The date that the Hub entry was last modified

Comments – Any additional comments that fall out with brief description or forum discussions.

Other comments:-

Remove any spoilers from the list. If it’s a wish list, it shouldn’t be spoiling things for people who haven’t peaked in the assets folders please. If it is very pertinent to discussions please use the spoiler tags .

I’m sure one of the Devs compiles bug reports. Matt? So, you may just be duplicating work there. For discussion of workarounds to issues, I’d suggest a separate list in the Bug Report forum.

I was looking for this thread in the Suggestions & Features section, for that matter.

Bear in mind that we’re close enough to Beta that I doubt there will be huge, sweeping changes to anything in the game.
    Last edited by thothkins; 12-31-2012 at 20:08.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Tho, im working on it, let me get everything in here first and then reorder it/spell check and what

just did the whole suggestions thread

this will take a week to finish