Thread: Ranks

Question Ranks

I want to start my first post off by saying thank you for making this game, and I plan on pre-ordering the premium version as soon as I have some extra cash.

My question is will there be more ranks in Xenonauts than there were in X-COM. I know you guys don't want to make the game bloated, but I felt like 5 ranks wasn't enough (Game play and realism wise. What military only has 5 ranks).

I got one more sub-question, what's the first rank going to be. I was never fond of Rookie, it doesn't sound official enough, It should be Private.

Currently its 8 ranks, and yes, the first rank is Private with Corporal being the 'squaddie' equivalent.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you. 8 ranks was the perfect number I had in my head.