[V3.8.0 - Geoscape] Soldier stuck "airborne"

Hello Team,

Just installed the game. Played the tutorial and then 1 cleaner mission. One of my tanks had his shield destroyed and he got beaten up quite a lot. He didn't die, but I had to heal him and remove a bleeding debuff.

The transport ship returned to base but this soldier got stuck forever in "Airborne" status.

PJaHpiE.png

I've gone ahead and played a few more missions and he's always airborne even tho he's not on any ship. I can edit his equipment but I cannot change his loadout. He is also not clickable on the left, which makes him un-dismissable and un-transferable.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Bloodwolf said:

Hello Team,

Just installed the game. Played the tutorial and then 1 cleaner mission. One of my tanks had his shield destroyed and he got beaten up quite a lot. He didn't die, but I had to heal him and remove a bleeding debuff.

The transport ship returned to base but this soldier got stuck forever in "Airborne" status.

PJaHpiE.png

I've gone ahead and played a few more missions and he's always airborne even tho he's not on any ship. I can edit his equipment but I cannot change his loadout. He is also not clickable on the left, which makes him un-dismissable and un-transferable.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the bug report Bloodwolf! Do you have a save file for the campaign so I can take a look? If you have both, one for before the ground combat mission ended and another for after you've noticed the bug so we can take a look and see what's causing the issue. You can take a look at this guide to see where your saves are located, thanks again!

8 hours ago, Bloodwolf said:

Hello Team,

PJaHpiE.png

Any ideas?

Hey - thanks for this. As Koki said, the saves would be very helpful here. Was the Cleaner mission you played the Rescue Soldier one? Maybe this guy got left behind on that mission if you recovered more soldiers than you had space in the dropship for.

Hi Team.

I started noticing this bug on the mission where you rescue 3 soldiers that are not part of your team yet. You can control them in the mission, but they are at the ATLAS base.

Funny thing is... a few missions later my guy finally healed back up and was then available.

I can dig up the save files if you guys still need 'em.

5 hours ago, Bloodwolf said:

Hi Team.

I started noticing this bug on the mission where you rescue 3 soldiers that are not part of your team yet. You can control them in the mission, but they are at the ATLAS base.

Funny thing is... a few missions later my guy finally healed back up and was then available.

I can dig up the save files if you guys still need 'em.

Hey there, thanks for the response. Yeah - we'd really appreciate if you can provide us the save before the ground combat mission ended if you still have them as that allows us to track what caused the soldier to get stuck in the "airborne" state.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:17 AM, Kouki said:

Hey there, thanks for the response. Yeah - we'd really appreciate if you can provide us the save before the ground combat mission ended if you still have them as that allows us to track what caused the soldier to get stuck in the "airborne" state.

Hey guys, im not sure what happened but I think my soldier got stuck again. Im sharing all my game files to see if it helps figure it out.

The bug happened between 6:05 PM and 7:18 PM on 04/22/2024.

saves.zip