[v9.2 - Saved game]

I saved my game after landing at a ufo crash site. When I loaded the game back in, my Chinook was froze over the crash site and there was nothing I could do with it until the crash site disappeared and only then, did the Chinook returned to base.

v9.1 was kind of doing the same thing (haven't downloaded 9.2 yet). Save in combat and when you reload it took you to the Chinook hovering over the crash site. However, you were able to click on the Chinook and redirect it to the crash site...sometimes clicking the Chinook was tricky, though, as it often would open the crash site instead. Are you sure you can't select the Chinook?

Same for the autosaves before entering ground combat.

Yup. I can confirm this with 9.2. For me this is on Ironman on normal. Tried clicking the chinook to no luck. Maybe I wasn't fully zoomed in. Will try again to see if it's possible then to find the right spot.

EDIT:

Nah I wasn't able to press the chinook.

The Ufo disappeared and I played for almost a week. Doing three or four ground battles in that time. Then I got a CTD because of the inventory bug (had copied the plasma pistol clip, but I guess the plasma weapons are missing as well). So I loaded the autosave and noticed that it hadn't made a new one even though I had done many ground battles.

Edited by Zefirth

Same for me. Normal, non-ironman, save the game in the middle of a ground combat mission, and when I load the savegame it takes me to the geoscope instead. I'd be happy to provide the savegame if told where to find it and where/how to send it.

I think all battlesaves for now behave this way for everyone. Also with some luck and lot of clicking you can select chinook above crash site and return to base or engage new battle at the same place. But better is just finish battle before save - for now they extremely easy and relatively stable.

Edited by zzz