And another question. . .

Is this premise correct? If I find the alien ship and attack it, the aliens in the town, or fields, will stop what they are doing and rush to defend their ride home? Or do I need to kill every alien in the ship before they'll react? And I need to hold the ship for five turns, right? I've been seeking out and killing all the aliens outside the ship, trying to defend the civilians and police/army, before storming the ship.

Clearing the map of all outside aliens then assaulting the ship is a viable tactic if you up to taking on what is outside the ship. If the outside force is too strong for your guys it's best to just try and skirt by them the best you can, locate the ship and take it for the 5 turn count down.

I have no idea for sure if the outside aliens run back to the ship when it falls. It doesn't seem like it to me, maybe someone here has experienced otherwise.

I was hoping that this would be a good tactic with terror missions, till I remembered that there were no ships in the terror missions. BTY, if you should grab the ship and hold it, do you get all the goodies at the end of the mission? The same or greater amount as if you had killed all the outside aliens and stormed the ship?

i always do carpet searching for each and every alien out there before narrowing to the ship.

hey, i found that the air-con compressor on the root top does not provide cover, rifle beams goes straight through and hitting my soldier, whereas the protruding air ventilation ducts does provide solid cover, mean it will block rifle beams. a bug.