PDA

View Full Version : Xenonauts and Antivirus Blocking

Chris
04-28-2012, 23:48
Quite a few people have mentioned that SONAR is blocking Xenonauts. If this applies to you, please can you go to this link: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Once there, please can you report to Symantec that they are blocking a legitimate program? If a few of you do it then hopefully they can update their software so it doesn't automatically consider our game a threat...

thothkins
04-29-2012, 00:06
done. SONAR quarantined the .exe again today on 9.5 build.

zzz
04-29-2012, 05:10
There must be exclusion settings. All antivirus software generally have - heuristics analysis often make mistakes

thothkins
04-29-2012, 08:48
yes, I thought I'd selected it for version 9.2 or 9.3. Either I didn;t do it correctly or the fact I've had to update form Desura and from the 'download without Desura' link possibly meant I had to go through it again. I may have to go through it if I downlaod the full thing again in the future. I'll keep my eye on it.

If it's of any help to anyone on Norton Internet Security 2012. It's on Settings> Computer>Antivirus and Sonar exclusions.

I'd never heard of SONAR before this happens. A tiny part of me was hoping that someone had decided to mod in some Terror form the Deep after all. :-)

Gauddlike
04-29-2012, 09:20
I would assume every time you replace the exe it would need adding back to the list unless the file is completely identical.

Chris
04-29-2012, 10:12
I'll submit the final version of the public release to their whitelist thing too, so hopefully this will be less common when the public build becomes available.

thothkins
04-29-2012, 13:17
on the plus side, a number of pirates will be picking up false positives from their downloads. Hopefully that will push a few more of them to actually buy the thing. :-)