PDA

View Full Version : Forum Medals?

Chris
11-07-2011, 08:48
The forum medals / pre-order badges are no longer available, sorry - they were a reward for the people who pre-ordered Xenonauts in alpha form (i.e. before the Steam Early Access release)!

We actually would have liked to keep supporting them, but unfortunately it is not possible. We've had discontinue them is because they were linked to forum membergroups via Desura when we only sold through Desura, so anyone who bought a copy of the game was able to connect their Desura account to the forum and get a badge for doing so.

We now sell primarily through Steam, and support other sales channels such as the Humble Store as well as Desura (and will add more in future). Therefore most people that buy the game will not have a Desura account, so would not be able to claim a badge.

We don't want to cause arguments or make people feel like they've missed out by buying the game in the "wrong" place, so we decided to discontinue the forum badges at the point where Desura was no longer our only sales channel. Those who already have them will not be stripped of them, but will retain them as a thanks from us for supporting the team in the early stages of development when, frankly, they were taking quite a major leap of faith to buy the game!

The comments in this thread all relate to the old claiming process. I have closed it to new comments now.

Sathra
11-09-2011, 03:00
Why is monkeychow's name green?

Sathra
11-09-2011, 09:14
PM Chris. It'll be easier for him to reply to you that way.

Monkeychow
11-09-2011, 10:51
Why is monkeychow's name green?
I just changed my permission group to Xenonaut Premium Preorder

Thanks for removing the badge Chris

Moonie
11-09-2011, 10:53
I won't disturb him while he is getting things sorted for the big update. If, when he has time and knows of a way, maybe he could add the info to this sticky

Operations
11-09-2011, 15:02
So all things being equal I should have a badge and a green name now?

Coma
11-09-2011, 20:53
How would one go about upgrading from standard to premium?
If you purchase a premium copy on Desura and use Desura Connect, you should get premium (although you probably shouldn't do it this way if you know what's good for you :P).

If you accidentally connected on Desura using the pre-order copy gifted to everyone and got standard, you can use the legacy pre-order page to claim premium and you should get upgraded to premium.

Darkstryke
11-10-2011, 01:59
I'm premium on Desura, it gives me a standard badge though ;z

ZorbaHerbalist
11-10-2011, 08:34
I'm premium on Desura, it gives me a standard badge though ;z
This is my problem, too. I paid for bremium, but badge on forum is Standard.

Moonie
11-10-2011, 11:17
Yeah, my badge is really a platinum, gold, 5 star with sequins, but I guess I will have to make do with a standard pre order one. :D

Coma
11-10-2011, 17:15
Did you pre-order after the switch to Desura?

Chris
11-10-2011, 18:08
Guys - if you've premium pre-ordered and got a standard badge, PM me and I'll fix you up. There's a bug in our script that is causing this, sorry about that.

HumanKtulu
11-10-2011, 21:37
Hi guys,

Pre-order work now, so I can see your game. Standard gift for moment, just for see.

XCOM/UFO is great game, better game after EliteII for me (I wait Elite4 as messia). But many XCOM remake are not very good, I dont like spirit of UFO:AI, UFO aftermath (and fallow) is partial good (idéas, medias) but not fully playable, UFO:ET is good and above with Bman mod but too repetitive (but see UFO:ET2). UFO:TTS, very good with multiplayer and alien side playable ! But canceled ... :(

YOU are my last hope for moment.

Good luck
HK

Moonshine Fox
11-11-2011, 15:22
Right, I think I figured this out now...or, er did I? Clearly I did, but apparently I also have a reading deficiency. I should've activated the legacy thingy, not the Desura. Oh well, I got a badge at least. I'll work on upgrading it to a shiny one once I get back home :P

EDIT: Nevermind! It looks like I managed to solve it anyway. Great feature, by the way!

RaveBomb
11-11-2011, 15:32
Link check...

EDIT: Successful!

ZChris13
11-11-2011, 16:24
Right now I'm rather confused. I received the legacy pre-order email from Desura, and followed the link "the page here" that took me to the Legacy Pre-Order Claim Form. This is where I got lost. The two forms, "User Paypal Address" and "Transaction ID", the first is the email address I have registered with Paypal, correct? But I'm not sure what the second is. I searched my email history, but I can't seem to find "New Subscription Confirmation at Xenonauts.com" anywhere. I did manage to redeem the game on Desura, and I saw the button labeled "Connect Game" but I'm pretty sure that it's not the right thing to do.

Alith Anar
11-11-2011, 16:50
Hi,

did you get two eMails?
One from paypal about your payment, and an other (before Desura) from chris. Inside the mail from chris is another Transaction ID. That the ID you are looking for and hat to fill into the form :)

ZChris13
11-11-2011, 17:04
I might have gotten two emails, but I can't find the email from Goldhawk Interactive. I remember receiving it, though. I do have the email from paypal, but that's not the email we're looking for.

Apparently, I'm not alone in this. This thread (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?112-Pre-order-Confirmation-emails-transaction-IDs-and-a-lack-thereof.) is all about that.
It may be worth Chris's time to sticky a thread for the legacy pre-orderers.

Coma
11-11-2011, 22:21
ZChris13, I see you have a golden badge now. Have you managed to solve your problem?

Doctoxic
11-13-2011, 07:20
badge test post

Sathra
11-13-2011, 10:09
You could do that in the Introduction thread you know...

vandigeth
01-02-2012, 23:25
Greetings!

Sathra
01-03-2012, 01:59
Wrong thread heh. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php?18-Introduction-thread!

MerzZz
01-07-2012, 12:39
Thanks for this thread. Hope the project ends up well, because it deserves attention as one of the best upcoming indies.

gosse
01-13-2012, 19:41
Whenever I try to connect my account, I get this error page:

Desura Connect

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3
You are not logged in. You must log in or register in order to connect your forum account with the Desura account.
You may also log on at the forums and return to this page if you prefer.

But I am logged in o_O

SyDaemon
01-14-2012, 05:55
I'm getting the same with gosse here:

Desura Connect
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php:235) in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy_preorder_includes/vbulletin_environment.php on line 3
You are not logged in. You must log in or register in order to connect your forum account with the Desura account.

Also logged in on both.

Zinn
01-14-2012, 07:25
Same message for me as well. How can I show my e-peen with no shiny badges? :O

Vendetta
01-14-2012, 07:54

I get this message...

Smeker
01-14-2012, 09:51
I also get one of these.
Also logged in on both.

Spinewire
01-14-2012, 12:08
Desura Connect

:(

Okim
01-14-2012, 12:47
Having the same issue.

Also to note - had to download desura and register from the manager. Site registration hangs on 'enable cookies in your browser'. Also could not send a message to site admins due to 'contact us' form not submitting email adress and name. Cookies enabled, set to lowest security (accept all types of cookies) on IE and Opera.

It seems that desure have some technical problems with cookies/forms or whatever else.

P.S.: btw, fought with desure for two days before actually got the game... All the time got that 'enable cookies' message.

DamZe
01-14-2012, 13:17
Desura Connect

This is what I get. Something must be off, I've tried with two browsers with no luck.

UltimaVirus
01-15-2012, 02:24
Same problem with me.

DamZe
01-15-2012, 09:57
Oh well a forum badge means nothing as long as you know you have contributed to the development of Xenonauts.

itsmydamnation
01-15-2012, 10:22
yep i have same issue as well.

cheers

century_rain
01-15-2012, 22:52
Same issue here too. :(

Chris
01-16-2012, 08:34
Hmmm, only just noticed these messages, sorry. I'll look into them.

Vendetta
01-16-2012, 10:11
Thanks Chris, I really want that shiny badge :)

Chris
01-16-2012, 22:16
Should be fixed now. The site was set to autoupdate Wordpress with our host and that overwrote a couple of important files.

century_rain
01-17-2012, 03:01
Should be fixed now. The site was set to autoupdate Wordpress with our host and that overwrote a couple of important files.

Tried it, and now I get this instead:

Desura Connect

Fatal error: Call to undefined function useringroup() in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/connect.php on line 68

Langy
01-17-2012, 03:20
Worked for me just moments ago.

Chris
01-17-2012, 09:12
Hmm. Anyone else getting the error Century_Rain is? If not it might just be something timing out along the way. Could you try it again?

DamZe
01-17-2012, 10:29
Hmm. Anyone else getting the error Century_Rain is? If not it might just be something timing out along the way. Could you try it again?

I am too getting the same error as Century_Rain.

Okim
01-17-2012, 12:29
Worked for me like a charm :)

century_rain
01-17-2012, 14:02
Not sure if it means anything but the two reporting working are Premium pre-orders, and I'm just a 'regular' pre-order.

DamZe, you Premium or 'regular'?

DamZe
01-17-2012, 15:59
Not sure if it means anything but the two reporting working are Premium pre-orders, and I'm just a 'regular' pre-order.

DamZe, you Premium or 'regular'?

Regular.

Shirotsugh
01-17-2012, 17:16
Getting this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function useringroup() in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/connect.php on line 68

packinheat
01-17-2012, 19:10
Fatal error: Call to undefined function useringroup() in /home/ctbaker/goldhawkinteractive.com/connect.php on line 68

I'm regular as well

McMac
01-17-2012, 20:30
Same here - regular too.

Zinn
01-18-2012, 00:04
Premium here and it just worked for me.

Chris
01-18-2012, 09:05
Hmmmm. I'll look into that again. It'll be easier now we know it only affects standard guys.

Chris
01-18-2012, 20:56
OK hopefully it is fixed now. Give it a try?

McMac
01-18-2012, 23:18
Yes, it's fixed. Thank You.

Shirotsugh
01-19-2012, 03:31
I confirm it too.

packinheat
01-19-2012, 06:09
yup worked now

century_rain
01-19-2012, 08:10
Yup, worked fine. Thanks Chris!

Vendetta
01-21-2012, 07:27
OMGOMG IT WORKED :D

I love my badge

SyDaemon
01-22-2012, 03:01
Worked for me as well! Thank you!

spenser7497
01-23-2012, 01:22
I clicked on the link in the email but have no idea what my paypal address or transaction ID are? I can't find the email anywhere and feel like since it was from November that I probably don't have it anymore. Can anybody help me out please?

anotherdevil
01-23-2012, 01:29
PM Chris

poulwrist
01-24-2012, 18:41
Haha I suck, I clicked "link game" even though I preordered from before Desura, and now I get just the standard preorder :(((( my life is over!

iamkyon
01-24-2012, 19:25
Haha I suck, I clicked "link game" even though I preordered from before Desura, and now I get just the standard preorder :(((( my life is over!

See if you can get a refund on those cyanide capsules and drop Chris a message. You're not the first!

narpas
01-28-2012, 03:49
Hey, I ordered a good while ago, before the paypal crisis, but I'm only now getting around to getting the game set up on Desura. I've confirmed on the forums, but I don't know how to make the jump to Desura. Should I be waiting for an email? Is there a FAQ?

Nevermind. The email, "You have received a game" had more after the part where you connect your paypal purchase to the form.

Korono Lakeela
01-31-2012, 00:50
Another member of the army.

Arturius
02-10-2012, 20:48
Joining the ranks of ever-growing army. :)

Chris
02-14-2012, 00:04
Nice profile pic :)

Zerbyte
02-15-2012, 20:05
First post and to see if I linked everything right. Just heard about this yesterday and downloading now. So exciting!

Tanki
02-16-2012, 01:30
So, I registered here, filled out my Legacy claim form, choose the premium option, registered on Desura, finally clicked the link in the "You have received a game" E-mail all in that order. Now my question is did I do something wrong? Desura says that I have the standard "Xenonauts Alpha" version instead of "Xenonauts Premium Alpha". On top of that it says I can gift an extra copy of "Xenonauts alpha" later? Well I'm confused, I'm just glad I can download the latest version of the build, says v9 on the zip.

Gorlom
02-16-2012, 01:52
There is no premium alpha build. The only difference shows up on the forum badges and since you have the premium badge everything is working just fine.

(No clue about the gifting part though. does it sa you have bought a gift copy or that you can buy one?)

Tanki
02-16-2012, 02:27
(No clue about the gifting part though. does it sa you have bought a gift copy or that you can buy one?)

Ya figured it out, I would be buying another copy to gift later and thanks for that info, also glad to hear the extra content is being taking care of separately from Desura.

immagikman
02-16-2012, 20:02
Hmm I guess I missed a lot since I pre-ordered.... I know I pre-ordered a loong time ago how the heck do I get the game from Desura without having to pay for it again? Oh and I dont have the nifty pre-order badge :(

immagikman
02-16-2012, 21:02
Ok With Help from Chris I have linked the accounts and I now have the ability to download the game, but I should have the Premium badge....guess Ill have to swim through all 8 pages of this to figure out how to fix that :)

immagikman
02-16-2012, 21:26
There Chris made it all better :D

Slam Bus Rodan
02-27-2012, 04:22
(Also, if you are a premium pre-orderer, you can change your user title in your Profile options to whatever you want.)

How do I change my user title? Haven't been able to figure it out.

Gorlom
02-27-2012, 04:42
Top right theres a small menu that says "welcome [name], notifications, my profile, settings, logg out"
1) Click settings.
2) locate the menu on the left.
3) click edit profile.
4) set your custom title where promted.

Slam Bus Rodan
02-27-2012, 05:13
Thank you!

Hellstormer
02-28-2012, 22:10
Huzzah for sticky threads <3

Gauddlike
03-02-2012, 15:44
Huzzah for sticky threads <3
You an arachnophile?

Gorlom
03-02-2012, 17:04
You an arachaphile?
I... What does that mean? Something with peanuts? What does peanuts have to do with sticky threads? Is peanutbutter sticky?

Chris
03-04-2012, 01:01
Someone who loves spiders, presumably. A pun on "sticky threads".

Gorlom
03-04-2012, 01:45
Aaah now I see :D

Gauddlike
03-04-2012, 07:50
It was easier to spot once I corrected my spelling, you must have read it before that Gorlom judging by the quote ;)

BuzuBuzu
04-02-2012, 01:57
I bought the premium version of the game over the weekend, but haven't gotten the badge or a change in my name color in my profile after I linked my Desura account to this one. Any suggestions?

Gauddlike
04-02-2012, 07:03
Have you followed the link on the first post of this thread?
Did all of the steps seem to work?

BuzuBuzu
04-02-2012, 12:37
Yes, I followed the instructions from the first post. I created a Desura profile, logged into it, and then downloaded and installed the latest build of the game. Next I logged into my newly created profile on this forum, followed the link from the first post and clicked connect. I got a message from Desura saying that my pertinent info has been shared and forwarded to Goldenhawk. Does the validation process take a few days maybe?

Greven
04-03-2012, 14:57
YAY!!!! I got my badge working. :) I am glad to be back and would of given more than $10 to help.

zurmah
04-09-2012, 14:04
I've done all as instructed - no badge.

Chris
04-09-2012, 14:41
Maybe try again from the start, zurmah? Almost every time there's a problem along the way it's down to user error :) If it still doesn't work, email me at chris@xenonauts.com.

zurmah
04-09-2012, 15:15
Just have done again all the same and it worked. :) Thanks, Chris.

Oktober
05-18-2012, 23:42
Those of us coming through the Kickstarter...will we need to wait until the charge goes through at the end of the Kickstart before we can claim our badges?

Commissar Pancakes
05-19-2012, 00:34
Yes. Because you aren't billed until the event closes, you'll have to wait until the kickstarter is over to get your badge.

Slocket
05-22-2012, 16:31
I went through Kickstart and Desura claims I did not buy a copy linked to my account. I sure did buy the 20 pledge paid through Amazon over this weekend, and I have no Silver Badge. What is wrong? Is there two accounts confusing?

Gorlom
05-22-2012, 16:39
You haven't paid for it yet slocket, you need to wait untill the kickstarter ends as Amazon doesn't acctually charges your creditcard untill it's over. This system is in place so that you don't get charged incase the project doesnt reach it's goal. Standard practice for Kickstarter.
When that's been done you will most likely get an email or something with the details.

Major Isoor
05-29-2012, 10:29
Sorry if this is a stupid question and has been answered several times already, (or that this is just straight-up the wrong place to ask!) but would I be able to register my future Kickstarter key on both Steam - when Xenonauts is released - and on Desura, for the updates to the demo, etc? Since I've read some conflicting reports, saying to just do one or the other, (can't remember where though, at the moment. Sorry) and some encouraging you to do both/register on Desura now, etc. And well, seeing as I'm a bit of a Steam-junkie, (yes, I admit it!) I'd most likely just get the demo/s via GHI.com, if registering it on Desura meant that I wasn't able to put the game on Steam.

FoXSerge
05-29-2012, 11:51
Crap, I did the desura thing instead of the legacy thing and now im stuck with the standard pre-order medal...

Gauddlike
05-29-2012, 13:21
Does the legacy pre order overwrite the standard pre order?
If not drop Chris a message and he might be able to help you out.
If it is any consolation I actually prefer the look of the silver medal.

Gorlom
05-29-2012, 13:59
Crap, I did the desura thing instead of the legacy thing and now im stuck with the standard pre-order medal...I see a premium preorder medal?

Sorry if this is a stupid question and has been answered several times already, (or that this is just straight-up the wrong place to ask!) but would I be able to register my future Kickstarter key on both Steam - when Xenonauts is released - and on Desura, for the updates to the demo, etc? Since I've read some conflicting reports, saying to just do one or the other, (can't remember where though, at the moment. Sorry) and some encouraging you to do both/register on Desura now, etc. And well, seeing as I'm a bit of a Steam-junkie, (yes, I admit it!) I'd most likely just get the demo/s via GHI.com, if registering it on Desura meant that I wasn't able to put the game on Steam.
You will be able to have desura for ALPHA and BETA Access and then when the game is released you get to choose either Steam or Desura for the final version. AFAIK. (there is a slim chance you get to have both at the end so I wouldn't rule it out)
But haveing aplha and beta access on desura up untill it is released is all you were concerned about right?

FoXSerge
05-29-2012, 14:38
Yeah fixed it.

Multiplicity
06-08-2012, 22:33
I have a question guys/gals. I've followed this game off and on for a time, but with long stretches of time in between visits, so I generally lurk instead posting on this forum. I also tend to find a bunch of changes lol. That said, I noticed there is a regular and a premium pre-order version of the game. I pre-ordered this (I guess a legacy pre-order?) back in the days when Goldhawk was using PayPal. I paid the $30 at the time since I loved the original X-COM so much and was P.O.'d at 2K's version of the game. In Desura, I only have access to the standard pre-order version that's worth $20. I am wondering if I am supposed to have the premium or standard version of the game. Any answer to this is appreciated and sorry for the somewhat long post. And feel free to kick me in the head if I somehow missed this somewhere due to lack of attention :)

Gauddlike
06-09-2012, 07:56
The difference between the two versions has nothing to do with the program so you are not missing out there.
Have a look at the kickstarter as the first two tiers on there should reflect the old standard and premium pre orders.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

Remember though that the premium items will probably all be available on release rather than during the early stages.

kovyakov
06-15-2012, 00:22
Forum badge working and shining

Kevlar
06-15-2012, 04:16
Guess I should have paid the extra $10 for the gold :o

Chris
06-15-2012, 10:16
Ah well, at least you've got a medal!

ltj_FiZziK_ltj
06-18-2012, 09:51
Kickstarter funder here just testing out the badge, very excited for this game :)

sammacitto
06-18-2012, 11:03
Yeah,got the badge also

Aidan_Pryde
06-18-2012, 14:29
Just pre-ordered the game? Wondering why you've not automatically got a shiny forum badge like all the cool kids?

It's easy enough to get it, you just need to go to this link: http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/connect/ and then click the 'Connect' button. That will link your Desura account and your Goldhawk forum account, and you'll get your forum badge.

Easy as that!

Hi. I backed the game and tried to get my goldmedal (30 Dollar) via Desura. But well. All I get is.

It appears you do not have a copy of Xenonauts on your X account. You can purchase a copy of Xenonauts for your account, via the links on the right.

Once you have activated a copy via Desura, you will be able to return here and send your account details to the official developers. Thanks for your support.

Does it has something to do with my Mod DB/Desura Account being on another E-Mail than Kickstarter?

Gorlom
06-18-2012, 14:45
Have you gotten the desura code and activated the game? Your e-mail for kickstarter shouldn't matter in the least. But you need to check it for the activationcode.

Sjaka
06-18-2012, 14:50
another badge test

Aidan_Pryde
06-18-2012, 18:15
Have you gotten the desura code and activated the game?

Ah got it. Activation was only possible after installing the desura client for me, for whatever reason..

Thanks for the help.

Ravenlock
06-19-2012, 00:27
Woo! Thanks, guys. :)

mikeon
06-19-2012, 02:24
Alright, I see it's also a bunch of other people's first post here.

AndonSage
06-19-2012, 08:57
Just connected from the Desura Xenonauts "connect" button, checking it out.

victory
06-20-2012, 17:24
Just made an account here, logged into the Desura website (on a Mac so can't log in on the client), but trying to connect accounts is giving me a 500 Internal Server Error.

edit: looks like it worked though...

wonderboy2402
06-22-2012, 01:13
Badge?

Dresarian
07-04-2012, 06:10
Thanks! Worked like a charm. Just testing it out here.

T04dSt0n3d
07-20-2012, 23:33
HTTP 404 Not Found

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/desura-connect/?userid=1064754&hash=71b3a1d80d421fd7c8c84d9beeadf7df

Wow man not a good way to introduce your game development, when at first the website goes down right after I bought the game from Desura and now this...

Chris
07-21-2012, 08:23
Should be fixed now. I don't think the website not working and the website not working really count as two seperate issues either...

T04dSt0n3d
07-21-2012, 15:47
Should be fixed now. I don't think the website not working and the website not working really count as two seperate issues either...

Agreed and thank you for getting it fixed up, I think... Perhaps it just takes a little time to get it transferred over.

mace6442
07-21-2012, 17:52

Mine just worked.

Thanks.

snowburn
07-21-2012, 19:27
no 404 error this time, Success! You have been successfully added to the pre-order usergroup.

dekamme
07-21-2012, 23:02
I'm getting Bad Hash. Quit smoking a while ago, so not sure what to do with it.

*edit* Re-clicking connect has cleared the smoke.

T04dSt0n3d
07-22-2012, 04:22
I dono man... I'm getting bad hash as well

Chris
07-22-2012, 14:11
Cool, glad it's working again. I was worried that it'd be a lot of hassle to set up again if it had properly broken...

Chris
07-22-2012, 14:11
Incidentally, those getting bad hash - were you logged into Desura too?

T04dSt0n3d
07-22-2012, 14:38
Thank you Chris for getting it straighten out, hate to have bothered you about this, but bug squashing is what I do ;)

I was logged into Desura at the time, clicking the connect button opens a new window and either gave me a bad hash, or an internal error 500. Anyways, just glad it works.

Thanx again.

AstroCat
07-31-2012, 12:15
Testing badge... doesn't seem like it worked. Hmmm, any ideas? Thanks.

Chris
08-01-2012, 00:04
Astrocat - try it again? If not, what error does it give you, if any?

AstroCat
08-01-2012, 18:31
There we go... all good. Thanks.

Sacheverell
09-02-2012, 02:32
Been awhile since anyone's posted here!

Seems the badge works great, although I'm not seeing an option to customize the title anywhere.

EDIT: Disregard that, found it.

OPMmmGroup
09-05-2012, 23:59
Got my pre-order, got my badge, played through a battle and got my butt handed to me. Loving it! Got to go back in and kick Alien butt this time! Ah good times! Thanks to all whom credit is do.

gnarly
09-06-2012, 00:04
Got my pre-order, got my badge, played through a battle and got my butt handed to me. Loving it! Got to go back in and kick Alien butt this time! Ah good times! Thanks to all whom credit is do.

Welcome mate!!

OPMmmGroup
09-06-2012, 14:18
Thanks!

ls35a
09-17-2012, 00:38
I'm a standard pre-order guy from the kickstarter deal.

I clicked on the link. It said to create a Desura account. I did. I clicked on the link again it said to 'connect' to my game.

It said I don't have a copy of the game on Desura.

So, two questions....how do I get the badge. And there is a record I bought the game, yes?

Thanks for any info.

Gorlom
09-17-2012, 09:36
Did you get a cd key from the email mailed to you after kickstarter? (have you checked your spam folder?)

Have you used that key in desura?

ls35a
09-17-2012, 17:31
Did you get a cd key from the email mailed to you after kickstarter? (have you checked your spam folder?)

Have you used that key in desura?

I have not downloaded the game from desura.

So desura only knows you're entitled to a copy of the game if you've downloaded it from them?

What about all the people who don't like and didn't use Desura?

Gorlom
09-17-2012, 17:48
... No you don't need to download it but you need to somehow tell Desura that you have bought it for Desura to think you have bought it. You do this by activating the game in your account with the key.
I don't quite understand how you got the idea that you had to download the game from what I said...

Desura is currently the only mean of distribution for Xenonauts. you can either use the client or the standalone zip direct download. So I'm not really sure who has gotten the game without using desura.

Selvhan
09-26-2012, 17:10
I've read a little about this topic but I am not quite sure what to do right now. I have my paypal confirmation of pre-order but I do not know how/where/when to use it to confirm my pre-order. Anyone can help please ?

I have pre-ordered the game at this date : 28/07/2011

Gorlom
09-26-2012, 18:48
Hmm, that is before the forum move right?

You will need to PM Chris after he gets back from his vacation I think. I'm pretty sure he needs to sort it out so you can get a key to use in your desura account.

Selvhan
09-26-2012, 19:06
Yes the forum changed a lot since I pre-ordered. When will he come back ?

Gorlom
09-26-2012, 19:41
I discovered a couple of weeks ago that the only space when my friends and I had a suitable time in our calendars to go off on holiday together for a couple of weeks was at the end of this month, specifically the 22nd September to 7th October. As the last time I took time off was December, I'm going to be in Thailand for those two weeks.

7th October.

Paleotrope
09-26-2012, 21:08
I was trying to figure this out today. I preordered back in Oct of 2011.

I went through the legacy form and linked my old pre-order to this forum account.

Now how do I get the alpha? My desura account isn't linked to this account right?

Very puzzled about this.

iamkyon
09-26-2012, 22:52
Now how do I get the alpha? My desura account isn't linked to this account right?

Unless there was a glitch in the legacy pre-order system, Desura sent you an e-mail with the subject line "You have received a game". Within the e-mail, there's a hyperlink entitled "Xenonauts Preorder" which will redeem your copy of the game.

After that, it's just a matter of downloading the game via the Desura website or their client software.

iamkyon
09-26-2012, 23:04
You will need to PM Chris after he gets back from his vacation I think. I'm pretty sure he needs to sort it out so you can get a key to use in your desura account.

Is that so? Somebody stop me if I'm mistaken, but didn't everyone who pre-ordered through the old website receive a Desura key in the e-mail address affiliated with their PayPal account?

Gorlom
09-26-2012, 23:12
Is that so? Somebody stop me if I'm mistaken, but didn't everyone who pre-ordered through the old website receive a Desura key in the e-mail address affiliated with their PayPal account?

Maybe they did. I think someone else in a similar situation was asked by Chris to PM him to get it sorted. Maybe he had lost his key?

iamkyon
09-26-2012, 23:17
Maybe they did. I think someone else in a similar situation was asked by Chris to PM him to get it sorted. Maybe he had lost his key?

Could be. I'm really not the go-to guy on this particular issue, though, as I helped Chris test the system and received my Desura key (and forum badge) a full day before the rest of the public.

Paleotrope
09-26-2012, 23:19
I think I discovered the problem is that my email address. My paypal account had an email address associated with it that was no longer working, but I had updated my paypay contact address, so I got my order from paypal, but desura must be using my old paypal alias. A mess. I guess I have to wait for Chris to get back.

iamkyon
09-26-2012, 23:42
I've read a little about this topic but I am not quite sure what to do right now. I have my paypal confirmation of pre-order but I do not know how/where/when to use it to confirm my pre-order. Anyone can help please ?

I have pre-ordered the game at this date : 28/07/2011

Have you filled in the so-called Legacy Pre-Order Claim Form (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/legacy-pre-orders/) yet?

Dix
09-27-2012, 21:05
Yay - I've got a shiny yellow badge, after so long! So many cold, empty days watching all the cool kids playing the alphas, clutching my empty wallet, whimpering into the endless chill of the long, dark night of the soul..

Selvhan
09-27-2012, 23:00
Yeah well, I just hope Chris will be back before OCt 9 ... :P

Veneke
10-06-2012, 03:03
Just tried to follow the instructions here, but when prompted to confirm the user account I got a 500 internal server error.

Edit: OTOH, it seems to have worked anyway. NVM.

Tomgi
10-06-2012, 14:03
Just pre-ordered after playing the alphademo from earlier this year. Felt so much like the old X-Com I just had to get the latest alpha release which is downloading now.

Also, this is to test if my shiny forum badge is working. :)

Edit: Yay! It is! :D

Harmonica
10-08-2012, 16:24
Is there any way I can stop the badge showing up? I linked my account because I automatically click on shiny things but I didn't realise my badge would show. I just wanted to give my money for the game, I don't mind the rest :)

Gorlom
10-08-2012, 16:44
You could create a new account that isn't linked to Desura and therefor doesn't have the badge.
But why don't you want the badge to show? If it is all the same to you what does it matter? :confused:

tass
10-10-2012, 16:56
How long until the badge shows? I just paid the premium (love XCom, biggest reason I have VMs on all my systems), and want this (Xenonauts) to succeed. I can't believe I missed this until today.. wow.

Anyway, bought via Desura (which still hasn't me confirmation email.. *sigh*) and did the connect link thing..so I hope I am all good.
Now to just figure out how to direct download (saw a forum post.. so off to read I go).

EDIT: I think I see the issue.. so until Chris gets back and I feel up to emailing him..
My PayPal uses an email that is NOT used anywhere else for a whole host of issues/reasons. Looks like that is the linking email address for the badge and such. An interesting potential issue with the system I guess.

Edit again (:
Chris tossed me a quick message dispelling the above, so I tried again doing the Desura-> connect thing. Different experience this time, and it worked. I *should* have been sent to Goldhawk site , but I was sent back to Desura first time. This time it worked.

Glycerine
10-14-2012, 09:33
testing

hmm no badge yet ;-(

Hullucinate
10-15-2012, 02:25
testing

Serret
10-16-2012, 16:03
Hm.. shouldn't the badge be under the avatar? and maybe slightly smaller? :P just a suggestion

steelwarrior
10-18-2012, 23:16
did connect it with Desura - it said it did connect - still does not seem to work???

Please help!

Skyrage
10-21-2012, 09:29
Yep, borked for me too.

steelwarrior
10-21-2012, 23:22
no badge untill now - how can i be a proven premuim guy - especially I want the steam key later - please help!

Selvhan
10-22-2012, 14:57
I've been told to PM Chris but he has not answered since 2 days I think. But you should try this anyway.

pistolhamster
10-26-2012, 07:25
Did I make a boo boo? I connected my desura account, but it turns out to be a standard preorder. Problem is I can't remember if I ordered this game before or after Desura as I have it on Desura. Its a year ago, my mind is vague.

xcorps
11-03-2012, 05:01
Test.

Yay for badge.

BlueTrin
11-05-2012, 21:30
Test

Ozymandias
11-13-2012, 14:15
Got to test! Game also looking like an awesome game so far!

Gumballthechewy
11-21-2012, 05:42
In the "Connect your game" page on Dashura it says it will "allow them to create you an account", but I already have an account here so what does that mean? Plus when I clicked on the "connect game" button it took me to a page that said "bad hash"?

I'm not very bright when it comes to things that require more than a point and a grunt to explain...

Never mind, it just didn't connect to this website the first time.

Teemu
11-27-2012, 00:27
I connected my account, but I don't seem to have the badge. Something I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Got it now. Linking didn't guide me to the correct page at first.

icepick37
12-06-2012, 22:54
I got it done, but I keep getting 500 errors. (shrug) Yay! I own the game now! :D

Wh1sper
12-21-2012, 18:11
Just saying good evening, testing the shiny badge...

WarPigs
01-28-2013, 13:53
shinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

oscar_whiskey
01-28-2013, 18:00
test.

super.

Spank n Uranus
01-29-2013, 11:43
Testing for badge

darkwombat
01-29-2013, 17:36
Test :)

djlogue
01-29-2013, 18:12

Max_Caine
01-29-2013, 22:29
You sure that shouldn't be "Peacock fancier?", djlogue?

Gorlom
01-29-2013, 22:51
or go for the subtle double entendre "Fabrege Egg layer"?

djlogue
01-29-2013, 23:09
XD

Nylas
02-07-2013, 15:50
I don't see the hidden forum, although I linked my account.

Gorlom
02-07-2013, 20:54
According to the other thread you did find it under the "Development Updates" section :p. (just trying to prevent some necroing later on)

Jarwy
02-15-2013, 11:58
Badger badger badge. Ah, not yet I guess. I'll wait.

Desura page did say "bad hash" when I connected my thing, but I assume it was because I made this account like a minute before trying to connect it with Desura.

RawCode
02-24-2013, 02:22
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@goldhawkinteractive.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

no badge

charlievee
03-01-2013, 01:32
badge?

Whitemane
04-03-2013, 19:54
Test for badginess

Freelandr
04-09-2013, 15:26
Test for badginess

Me too

Shady314
04-19-2013, 22:54
Test?

Supagoat
05-06-2013, 16:27
I think I'll test for badginess, too.

Tom_Sine
05-07-2013, 17:34
Pressed "Connect game" but nothing happened. Sorry if I made some stupid mistake.