[V22.9 Geoscape] No increased funding after ground mission

It's made that way so you don't feel the need to do every offered missions. Just bombarb the ships you shot down and that's it, you get the bonus. If you had a bonus when finishing missions, then you would feel forced to make them all.

I like the way it is now. I only do missions if I need extra money, or if I can capture an important alien, technology or weapon. That's it, and it keeps me busy already.

While I can understand the reasoning behind this particular change it also feels like it's punishing the players' thoroughness. Or it is just me being so meticulous about clearing each and every crash site in person :)

At least before I encountered Carriers and Battleships and time reached a different meaning.

While I can understand the reasoning behind this particular change it also feels like it's punishing the players' thoroughness. Or it is just me being so meticulous about clearing each and every crash site in person :)

At least before I encountered Carriers and Battleships and time reached a different meaning.

If you clear all the crash sites you will still end up with better troops, more cash and more alenium/alloys, so there is still a benefit to doing so.

This went round and round when it went in; not sure if the old threads are still around

do larger UFO give more funding when shot down? cus light scouts only give me like +8K or so and every event that happens reduces my funding by 10K. And how about Alien Base missions/Terror Missions? Do these still give increased funding when completed?

Nonsense, you still get more stuff, then when you would airstrike the crashsite. This change is really good in my opinion. Otherwise the player would be forced to do every crash site, which gets tedious pretty fast.

It's not punishing your thoroughness, it's just not rewarding it as much as it used to.

do larger UFO give more funding when shot down? cus light scouts only give me like +8K or so and every event that happens reduces my funding by 10K. And how about Alien Base missions/Terror Missions? Do these still give increased funding when completed?

It does vary, I think, though I can't remember how much by off the top of my head.

do larger UFO give more funding when shot down?

Yes they do. The biggest UFO give $100k or more. And the more you advance through the game, the more UFOs, and the bigger.

Near end game, the sky is filled with massive UFOs... If you can shot them all, money won't be a problem anymore.

I really think that doing ground missions should improve your support.

You are choosing the hard way, putting more effort on it, risking soldiers lifes and, of course, spending a lot of time. It will also be more realistic since you are saving civillians lifes and the people/countries may think "look how diligent the Xenonauts are!". Doing airstrike may not raise the support, while leaving the UFO there should make you lose it.

How would you feel if someone shot down a UFO in your backyard and them leave it there to kill you, your family and your neighbors or just throw a bunch of missiles over your house? It wouldn't sound good on the news. But on the other hand... "man, I saw a UFO shot down just some blocks from my house! Them the Xenonauts came and kicked all of the sorry alien ass! They are amazing! We are totally winning this war!"

Ground mission should even give more support than shooting down a UFO.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

This was already discussed a lot a couple of months back and it's unlikely to be changed (especially this close to the release).

You get a lot more money, you get resources, you get soldier improvements. That's more than enough. Also, it's a game and not anyone's actual backyard.