(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Well encountered a CTD in a recent game. I had Base USSR, Base South Africa, and Base Central America. I've used a save-scum maneuver when a scout assault went horribly wrong. It was also early in the game too. :\ September was when it crashed.

Was pumping out SU-T10s like hot cakes though...

Well encountered a CTD in a recent game. I had Base USSR, Base South Africa, and Base Central America. I've used a save-scum maneuver when a scout assault went horribly wrong. It was also early in the game too. :\ September was when it crashed.

Was pumping out SU-T10s like hot cakes though...

Thanks! Can you upload a saved game?

Founding damage .... you are going to lose founding region or two in the first month if you play on veteran.This small patches are effort to re-balance game so that doesn't happen and I am pretty sure that description explains it.Also read TD's impression page or two before this one for more info.

I would be easier to test things when you could say what exactly changed.

As Sentelin says, the last update 1.04 and the implementation of Dynamic UFO system makes lot impact on founding damage. We'r trying to test quick to rebalance the mod. Please run some test and give me your impressions.

Dead bodys block shoots, bullets just "disappears"

Is this a XNT problem or a V1.04 problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onnspaxds1myszr/Xenonauts%202014-06-11%2017-16-47-818.jpg

This is a reported bug for this version, sometimes is caused by corrupted UFO tiles. I suggest you to revalidate and repack the mod.

:) Thanks for testing Selgald

Its obvious that the increased difficulty and gameplay of the mod make difficult to new players, but the target player for the mod is people that want challenge fight against aliens. Thats the reason of the name "Into Darkness", there is no moment of peace in this mod, you need to deal great threat all the times.

Checkmate, you won. I agree. It would be very boring if you can handle the game all the time.

By the way cool move with that Apollo! It's awesome to look at!

I remember once I took out a alien fighter with a single MIG-32 Foxtrot armed with Avalanches. I didn't plan to kill it, but my Foxtrot was returning to base fully loaded after another aircraft took out his target and this fighter was nearby. I didn't had anything else in shape to fight it so I just thought "meh... I run faster, anyway". I threw the two Avalanche missiles one shortly after the another from far away while the two crafts still was lining to each other and hitted afterburner and disengage. The fighter dodge the first missile just to land exactly over the second one. I wish I could had saved it in video! It made me look very skilled like if I knew how far an alien fighter can roll, for each side he probably would and the exactly time it would take. Was amazing but a freaking luck shot. An Avalanche hitting a fighter... it may had killed even the pilot soul!

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Because it's not balanced and honestly you don't want them to use Auto-Resolve.Two reasons are for that:

1.First you are missing a lot if you don't try manual combat with them (I hate it at first too but Apollo made me to change my mind)

2.Since there is quite few stats changes to all aircraft now and re-balancing is quite difficult and will take time.

3.TD and Theon are aware of this so he will take care of that in due time if it's possible.

Why does the apollo and the su have a negative auto resolve strength?

Because the AR system take too much the speed in consideration, in the practice with 0 AR adjustment a single apollo can shutdown a Landing Ship hahahaha

I feel that the Su-Flanker is underpowered or too costly.

What do you think?

EDIT: Sentelin is right, apollo manual fight is awesome!!! It feel like a real modern combat aircraft! I love it. Its no unbalanced, even a scout can take care of it easy.

Edited by TacticalDragon

I think that Su-Flanker should stay as it is,because it's unique and brings new flavor and things that player need to consider before sending it in battle.Last time it turned out to be better than all other starting airplanes and wasn't interesting at all.As for price ... I think price should stay but producing time can be slightly reduced.

I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times but I'm just gonna ask anyway. What is the reason that I can't use the xenonauts mod manager to install most mods?

Because it was never fully implemented.And since they are considering implementing Steam Workshop I don't think it's to their must to do list yet.

Edited by Sentelin

same here.

after pushed end turn, it stated 0/0 aliens on the mission.

corvette ufo.

This is an error caused by damaged file.

Explain me which patch did you apply to the game?

Edit: I review all the files of the current Fixpatch, all of them work perfect. Remember that we change the build to V4.3

Can you give me a saved game?

Edited by TacticalDragon

Below quick reply box there is Go advance button.When you click on it you will get full expanded text editor with all options,click on "Attachments" which is next to the "Smiley".Click on Add Files>Uploader>Choose File then find save you want to upload and press upload.Then check file you just upload and at the bottom you will see option "insert online".

Edited by Sentelin