(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Done and preping for install. Hopefully things go right this time...

In all seriousness I need a new computer.

I use Steam. Originally used Dessura but that was being a finicky bitch later on.

Now onto suggestions!

My (albeit limited) playthrough of the mod has showed me some problems.

1. No 'Tier 2' aircraft, Apollos, Condors, and Foxtrots start to get fucked over by the time Corvettes roll around and things like Corsairs appear a bit late and becomes impossible to get a good production line going since you are focusing on getting as many Foxtrots/Condors/Apollos into the air as possible to stem the massive onslaught of UFOs.

2. No Advanced Autocannon... need I say more?

3. No Tier 2 missiles; Alienium missiles are nice but take a while to get to. Something in between the standard missiles and alienium warheads would be nice.

4. No incidiary grenades/rockets; I would recommend to have these things because flamethrowers tend to be bulky things. :\ An M203 FLASH themobolic launcher would be AWESOME.

5. Vortex is OP for the begining; I regularly lost 80% of my squads to those weapons! They are clearly way too powerful, especially when the best you have is basic armor and M16s. :\

Thanks for reporting!

- We'r working on Tier 2 Aircraft to fill the gap that you point out here.

- Of course there is an special Cannon, the Thunderbolt fill this role. Try to unlock weapons first, at first hand can be tricky but at time become evident.

- Alentium missiles an explosives are powerful enough!, let me review all the point you put here.

- We are working on incendiary equipment right now.

- The vortex is OP, yes but this weapons dont kill, never. Its question to learn to play. Make more test and avoid stick the soldiers together some times.

-

Vortex is OP for the begining; I regularly lost 80% of my squads to those weapons! They are clearly way too powerful, especially when the best you have is basic armor and M16s. :\

Really ? I sometimes lose soldier or two but that's only when I am pressed really hard.

-Alenium missiles is only what you need ... they are quite powerful they don't need to get buffed.

By the way TD I think he meant on Autocannon that airplanes use (Unless I am mistaken ? ).And to be honest I agree with him.

Edited by Sentelin

-

Really ? I sometimes lose soldier or two but that's only when I am pressed really hard.

-Alenium missiles is only what you need ... they are quite powerful they don't need to get buffed.

By the way TD I think he meant on Autocannon that airplanes use.And to be honest I agree with him.

Yeah, I get most of my squads into the medbay regularly because of that damn thing! Then it becomes a hard slog to kill the xrays who have them. For the missiles, I'm not asking for much, after a while sidewinders and avalanche missiles tend to suck like hell and I was thinking something between alienium missiles and regular ones to help stem the tide of UFOs that tends to happen towards mid-game. By mid-game without alienium missiles you have to throw entire flights against the UFOs to get a good chance of having your interceptors back alive.

Also, the advanced rifles feel... underwhelming. I was thinking something akin to lasers than pop guns like the regular projectile weapons. :\

@Vortex: Yes, occationally those things kill my men. It's god damn annoying.

Believe me Advanced rifles are more effective than laser weapons in most situation (because most aliens have high energy resistance).Also it's all personal taste,I prefer this design because I really hate going too much Sci-fi sidetracked and also only laser weapons you need is Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1 If you researched all Advanced Ballistic weapons.Of course no ones force you to use them but you are going to run into lot of trouble If you don't do so you should have at least one or two soldiers with advanced ballistic weapon.

Edited by Sentelin

Believe me Advanced rifles are more effective than laser weapons in most situation (because most aliens have high energy resistance).Also it's all personal taste,I prefer this design because I really hate going too much Sci-fi sidetracked and also only laser weapons you need is Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1 If you researched all Advanced Ballistic weapons.Of course no ones force you to use them but you are going to run into lot of trouble If you don't do so you should have at least one or two soldiers with advanced ballistic weapon.

No I was thinking that advanced rifles being akin to lasers in shear damage potential and decent accuracy, not piss-poor damage and above average accuracy. I usually equip most of my men with Advanced ARs with guys with shields and advanced pistols or advanced las-pistols and the occasional shotgun thrown in.

However, the only worthwhile advanced projectile weapon is the mother fucking shotgun. >40 damage per hit? YES PLEASE!

Each weapon designed for the mod has a unique role and advantage in comparison, we take of time, statistical test and playtest to make a solid desing:

Enforce EF-Z701 is intended to deal early Gargols and low Rank Caesans, improve the significant damage of Shield welding scouts. This weapon has an effective range on close combat and close environments, specially against low armored units. Compared con standard pistol has better damage output but low accuracy at mid and long range. The problem of this weapon is deal with armored units, specially mid rank sebillians and androns.

The heavy pistol has different role, because has high accuracy at mid range and dual build can deal tons of damage.

The Thuderbolt shotgun is a solid weapon planned to deal heavy armored units, but in close range the Zephyr Assault Rifle can deal much more damage.

The idea of the mod is not fill the game with weapons, its only add the necesary weapon of this different gameplay style.

Did you test the Korhang KR-R331? Among Warhawk II is one of the best Advanced ballistic weapon.

In other hand Tactical Rocket launchers is a emergency weapons and take his role specially on base defense.

Each weapon designed for the mod has a unique role and advantage in comparison, we take of time, statistical test and playtest to make a solid desing:

Enforce EF-Z701 is intended to deal early Gargols and low Rank Caesans, improve the significant damage of Shield welding scouts. This weapon has an effective range on close combat and close environments, specially against low armored units. Compared con standard pistol has better damage output but low accuracy at mid and long range. The problem of this weapon is deal with armored units, specially mid rank sebillians and androns.

The heavy pistol has different role, because has high accuracy at mid range and dual build can deal tons of damage.

The Thuderbolt shotgun is a solid weapon planned to deal heavy armored units, but in close range the Zephyr Assault Rifle can deal much more damage.

The idea of the mod is not fill the game with weapons, its only add the necesary weapon of this different gameplay style.

Did you test the Korhang KR-R331? Among Warhawk II is one of the best Advanced ballistic weapon.

In other hand Tactical Rocket launchers is a emergency weapons and take his role specially on base defense.

Ah, so I was using them wrong. :\

Still odd though... my last playthough before I had to go in and remove it was odd with the advanced rifles in damage potential. :\

Ah, so I was using them wrong. :\

Still odd though... my last playthough before I had to go in and remove it was odd with the advanced rifles in damage potential. :\

There are a lot of guides about the mod, its not easy learn or use to the changes in comparison to the vanilla version.

- At the start you need to plan your strategy, this is an overview of some of the tactics:

* Delta Wing Start (Korhang and Victor_Tadeus): Focus on air superiority first, try to take down all the UFOs you can, but dont take all the crash sites, instead take only crash sites that is secure or abort if you see any heavy encounter. This is sustaned until you reach at least Jackal armor.

* Three Towers Start (Tactical Dragon): Build 3 bases at the start, in one month your economy could be ruined, to sustain economy you need to go first for any manufacture item to make money, specially Enforcer SMG. Other alternative is recruit When you have Aircraft in the three bases and a solid squad with Jackal armors you have a solid. If you survive at that state without ruin world economy, losing a lot of starting soldiers or fall in bankruptcy you can have a solid start. Risky but powerful start.

* Armour Rush (Kirill and Radek, maybe Sentelin use similar strategy): Rush research of Hunter Tank to improve survivability of starting soldiers, don't research aircraft yet. Before you have some Hunter Tanks go for Jackal armor and rush to Advanced ballistics. This starting strategy is solid and quiet successfully, the problem can be if you have bad luck and UFOs destroy enemy economy without falling in your radar.

- There are a lot of way to start in the game, the critical point is what to research first, how many starting bases will you build and any tactic to improve soldiers survivability.

- In this mod you support economy by manufacture

- If you unlock any of the Advanced Ballistic early in game use it at any cost! they are very useful

- Hire tons of engineers, they make money for you.

I leave you a fragment of Sentelin strategy

However .. here are things opposite.I don't research first high-speed interceptor since condors can deal easily with light scouts,scouts and fighters but I go directly for Hunter Scout.Reason why i am doing this is to cut losses.Hunter is fairly powerful and useful for taking down aliens or can be used as support vehicle or scout.Than I research high-speed interceptor and Jackal Armor.From that point on i have to rush weapon research so I do that ( Advanced Ballasting weapons).As for base layout i usually build 3 workshops and 2 research labs so i can produce much faster and speed up research.Since I always somehow end up with 4M by the end of September I have decided from now on to build second base in the middle of October and focus it as research division (it is really crucial to get advance tech early on or you are screwed).

My first playthough with the mod was based on the 'three towers' ideal... then I added a fourth 'tower' for added coverage and amazingly enough didn't lose a continent. :\

Then I was having problems because I was literally employing an entire airforce of interceptors across the world flying at each problem. :\

Good thing was that I was raking in cash thanks to all the dead UFOs I kept having... until my planes started to get regularly pulling in for repairs that took a good part of the day and I was forced to put all planes in pairs for the most part for UFO hunting.

I usually employ something like 30 scientists and engineers early in the game.

Your doing it right, its a risky tactic but if you succed you reach corsairs and marauders quick. With this two aircrafts you have very efficient aky coverage.

We'r adding a new aircrafts to fill the gap between Foxtrot and Corsair.

Edit: Maintain 4 bases require a great world found performance OR lot of UFO crash site recovered OR Have a heavy manufacture economy, or a bit of all of them.

Edited by TacticalDragon

hey guys I was trying to download but dropbox says files have been moved or deleted is there any way I can download this mod thanks..

Hello! Wer uploading the version V4.3 right now let check for a link and I out it online again.

Edit: Thanks for giving us your first post ^^

Edited by TacticalDragon

UPDATE EXPANDED CONTENT V4.3 NO.31

Su27.jpg

Hello Playtesters and Developers

I have new content that brings amazing battles and great challenge!

Note: The download links on the main topic has been updated!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Download Link V4.3

NEW MUSIC PACK

Music and Background Pack

This is the new changes of the version V4.3

- New aircraft added to fill the gap between Foxtrot and Corsair (Su-27 Flanker / The official Su-T10 Cheburashka)

- Light Vortex projectors weapons has been rebalanced.

- The UFO interior doors has portholes and work as a cover.

- Living quarters spaces increased to 40, to improve bases diversity.

- Kabill's Dynamic UFO system is implemented, this system makes less predictable the UFO encounters and react to the player performance, making amazing the interaction of alien invasion.

- The Warhawk II and Peackeeper projectiles has been reassigned.

- Sentinel armor are currently balanced to the game.

- The UFO encounters has been randomized.

- Veteran Gameplay is harder but if the player know how to play result in a great reward.

- World Founding has been increased

- Alien weapons and components selling value is increased in 10%

- New Music Track has been added to day combat, and changes the night combat.

- Now I add a small possibility to found a Delta Viper on a Scout.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Su27.jpg

Su27.thumb.jpg.88fd13238c3eb0b33ca52a2c8

Edited by TacticalDragon

UPDATE EXPANDED CONTENT V4.3 NO.31

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4118[/ATTACH]

Hello Playtesters and Developers

I have new content that brings amazing battles and great challenge!

Note: The download links on the main topic has been updated!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Download Link V4.3

NEW MUSIC PACK

Music and Background Pack

This is the new changes of the version V4.3

- New aircraft added to fill the gap between Foxtrot and Corsair (Su-27 Flanker / The official Su-T10 Cheburashka)

- Light Vortex projectors weapons has been rebalanced.

- The UFO interior doors has portholes and work as a cover.

- Living quarters spaces increased to 40, to improve bases diversity.

- Kabill's Dynamic UFO system is implemented, this system makes less predictable the UFO encounters and react to the player performance, making amazing the interaction of alien invasion.

- The Warhawk II and Peackeeper projectiles has been reassigned.

- Sentinel armor are currently balanced to the game.

- The UFO encounters has been randomized.

- Veteran Gameplay is harder but if the player know how to play result in a great reward.

- World Founding has been increased

- Alien weapons and components selling value is increased in 10%

- New Music Track has been added to day combat, and changes the night combat.

- Now I add a small possibility to found a Delta Viper on a Scout.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Will do man thanks

ok thanks

Thats the link, please read carefully the guides. This mod is really hard to play, the original gameplay compared to vanilla version change a LOT. Read some recomendations that I give to XenonaughtFox some comments before.

Any comment, suggestion, reviews or whatever you want to say is welcome here.

:D

Your doing it right, its a risky tactic but if you succed you reach corsairs and marauders quick. With this two aircrafts you have very efficient aky coverage.

We'r adding a new aircrafts to fill the gap between Foxtrot and Corsair.

Edit: Maintain 4 bases require a great world found performance OR lot of UFO crash site recovered OR Have a heavy manufacture economy, or a bit of all of them.

Well, the thing was that I was raking in cash with UFO killing left and right. I was in the black supported by my somewhat meager side-economy of selling advanced projectile weapons. Except for the shotgun. It uses one alien alloy and I am not going to waste alloys on weapons I'm going to sell. It's hard enough as it is to recover plenty of materials to start work on Corsairs and Shrikes as it was in that playthrough. :mad:

My personal unmodded playthough had me fucked over when two entire continents pulled out.

EDIT:

I just made sure that my game was working a few hours ago! Now you pull this?

Well, easy come, easy go.

Warning to all:

I will say this only once, do not have this mod on while having Water/Firefox in the background on an older machine. Mozilla browsers, for me anyway, usually eat physical memory like mad if you keep them going too long. Always make sure that the application is off before using this mod on an older computer. That is all.

Edited by XenonaughtFox

My personal unmodded playthough had me fucked over when two entire continents pulled out.

EDIT:

I just made sure that my game was working a few hours ago! Now you pull this?

Well, easy come, easy go.

Warning to all:

I will say this only once, do not have this mod on while having Water/Firefox in the background on an older machine. Mozilla browsers, for me anyway, usually eat physical memory like mad if you keep them going too long. Always make sure that the application is off before using this mod on an older computer. That is all.

The best way to make money is jackal armor and Coyote Armor. To unlock coyote you need

capture a Harridan Alive

About the slow performance of the mod is not related to the mod, its the game itself. Follow our instructions to optimize the system performance. The mod don't change the game memory and possessor consumption.

About the update its fully compatible, you can update to the new version without loosing nothing.

I hope it help! :cool:

Edit: I actually run the game in a AMD quad A8 and 6RAM without a single problem, and its a computer not suited for gaming.

The best way to make money is jackal armor and Coyote Armor. To unlock coyote you need

capture a Harridan Alive

About the slow performance of the mod is not related to the mod, its the game itself. Follow our instructions to optimize the system performance. The mod don't change the game memory and possessor consumption.

About the update its fully compatible, you can update to the new version without loosing nothing.

I hope it help! :cool:

Edit: I actually run the game in a AMD quad A8 and 6RAM without a single problem, and its a computer not suited for gaming.

However this thing is the trouble child of all the computers my family has gotten over the years. We had to send it to the local shop numerous times whenever it went nuts... and that lag episode? I could only replicate it if Waterfox was running. Had it happen on three separate occasions just to make sure it was the problem, as I also ran Torch in the background... and Torch alone didn't do squat.

I actually run the game in a AMD quad A8 and 6RAM without a single problem, and its a computer not suited for gaming.

Well It depends on what kind of gaming are we talking here.It's decent enough to run any game as of 2013 on low or medium settings.If you want all fanfare ... ( I find all those effects that should add "movie feeling" eye hurting .... when I played The Witcher 2 I had to tune down a lot of effect to my liking and not because my PC couldn't handle.Why games don't have Mass Effect 2 design ... low performance impact,you really get into "movie" thing,great voice acting ..I hope Deus Ex HR is even close to that or I just wasted my money)

Well It depends on what kind of gaming are we talking here.It's decent enough to run any game as of 2013 on low or medium settings.If you want all fanfare ... ( I find all those effects that should add "movie feeling" eye hurting .... when I played The Witcher 2 I had to tune down a lot of effect to my liking and not because my PC couldn't handle.Why games don't have Mass Effect 2 design ... low performance impact,you really get into "movie" thing,great voice acting ..I hope Deus Ex HR is even close to that or I just wasted my money)

Actually my old computer plays Human Revolution quite well. Only certain spots (and these are very specific) cause lag for a few seconds.

Everywhere else it purrs like a kitten.